We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pants on Head Herbalists

Ye gads...
    If the Herbalist AI can't be sorted out, can we at least get some sort of manual control forced heal button?

Watching my herbalist stand there with his thumb in his nose (and a full power bar no less), scratching his belly button and occasionally healing himself, ignoring my champ while he gets worked over by mobs is just...

Re: Pants on Head Herbalists

Quote Originally Posted by tomakaze View Post
    Ye gads...
    If the Herbalist AI can't be sorted out, can we at least get some sort of manual control forced heal button?

Watching my herbalist stand there with his thumb in his nose (and a full power bar no less), scratching his belly button and occasionally healing himself, ignoring my champ while he gets worked over by mobs is just...
    If you read around the forums you can pick up on how to cope with this. Here is the short version:

1) Crowd control. The soldiers are programmed to stop attacking controlled mobs, and sometimes it glitches so that a mob that WAS controlled and is awake again is still ignored. Herbalist healing is treated like an attack, so there are times it will stop healing when it would have stopped attacking as a different soldier.

2) Range. If you zerk into a pull and leave your healer behind, it will not "see" the enemy and will not heal. Drag something into its range (about 20, in range terms) to enable healing.

3) LOS, LOST, etc. The soldier is behind a wall, confused by stairs, or the like. If you already started the fight, go back to the herbalist. If you are about to fight and notice the soldier is not nearby, dismiss and resummon it.

4) There are 2 LT that soldiers ignore: the zelot of pain, and the echo of death. The ONLY way to get healed against those is to use your "attack that" button, which has a cooldown so use it sparingly.

--- The "attack this" button will cure most of the above (it will not help a LOST soldier though). But the cooldown prevents it from being your first choice, instead try to work around the issue before wasting a cooldown.

Under normal circumstances, it should work if you simply stay near your soldier as you fight, pull the mobs to you rather than run in.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

Just did a few skirmishes on my champ and had terrible issues with my herbalist. I would start a pull, he would be standing right next to me, not stuck on anything, and just do absolutely nothing. Would not heal me, not heal himself. I tried to use the force attack button and he still just sat there. Twice I kited kited the mobs for the duration of my sprint while running circles through the herbalist and he still just sat there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    If you read around the forums you can pick up on how to cope with this. Here is the short version:

1) Crowd control. The soldiers are programmed to stop attacking controlled mobs, and sometimes it glitches so that a mob that WAS controlled and is awake again is still ignored. Herbalist healing is treated like an attack, so there are times it will stop healing when it would have stopped attacking as a different soldier.

2) Range. If you zerk into a pull and leave your healer behind, it will not "see" the enemy and will not heal. Drag something into its range (about 20, in range terms) to enable healing.

3) LOS, LOST, etc. The soldier is behind a wall, confused by stairs, or the like. If you already started the fight, go back to the herbalist. If you are about to fight and notice the soldier is not nearby, dismiss and resummon it.

4) There are 2 LT that soldiers ignore: the zelot of pain, and the echo of death. The ONLY way to get healed against those is to use your "attack that" button, which has a cooldown so use it sparingly.

--- The "attack this" button will cure most of the above (it will not help a LOST soldier though). But the cooldown prevents it from being your first choice, instead try to work around the issue before wasting a cooldown.

Under normal circumstances, it should work if you simply stay near your soldier as you fight, pull the mobs to you rather than run in.
    There is a bug where the Herbalist will flat out not heal you. It seems like no one believes this unless it happens to them. It seems to happen a lot in the rift skirmish at the last fumerole. I even posted a screenshot of this bug in a thread here a while back. I was in the rift skirmish, at the last fumerole. I was standing on the platform where the fumerole is. My Herbalist was standing right next to me, freshly summoned because soldiers do not like to go up stairs. I was fighting a Blood-rook and 2 swarm mobs. In the screenshot you could see that even my Direct Soldier skill was just used, but he just sat there and continued to do absolutely nothing while my health was dropping and his power bar stayed full.

This particular instance of a Herbalist not healing does not meet any of the conditions you described. As a Champion, I have no crowd control skills that toggle off attacks. Since he was right next to me, there was no range or LoS issues. Blood-rooks are not one of the Lieutenants that soldiers will ignore. With using my Direct Soldier skill and my Soldier not reacting to it, that can only mean one thing. IT IS A BUG.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]