We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    ...And yet another fail SG run...

    oh this happened on the Big E...
    Last edited by Araphorn; Jul 15 2016 at 06:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    There is no correct place on the forums for this. And you should edit the name out, as calling people out on the forums by name is a violation of the forum rules.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,438

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Nice to hear your side of the story...but being in your group and you NOT being the leader...

    It is not your job to tell people what to do in an instance where you are not lead

    it is also not your job to tell people how to play their class when they are doing it correctly and in a manner that is rude and demeaning.

    When the leader asks for a pull to be done a certain way (due to having complete success with the type of pull) and YOU dont like it so you throw a rude remark, dont expect to receive a courteous response. Understand that not everyone runs SG the same way as you and adapt to it. It was completed just fine without you and your MULTIPLE rude remarks are what got you booted. so yes it was fair. Just because you are in Preying Mantis(whoopty doo), doesnt mean you know everything about everything.

    we knew what we were doing as we have completed SG and the last boss over 50 times. soooo learn to shut your mouth and not worry about what the LEADER is doing.

    Have a nice day.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Outch...

    Hehe
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000fd8b5/signature.png]Grampsith[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,438

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondopher555 View Post
    Ouch that's a lot of Hate Delmore, but listen to this, i don't really care who the leader is, its a pug group and if some things that are not done right or lead right, i can at least speak or advice the right way to be done(in the end no one is perfect anyway), that doesn't mean you boot people for doing that, i mean come on this is a game, nothing serious or anything to be offended about.(and stop those petty lies that i was being rude)
    I happily take advice and not boot people when they give me advice, i don't know but that leader's behavior was pretty childish.
    ..And you say u've completed SG 50 times (wow) that's nowhere even close to the times I've done it, so think before you speak.

    Have a nice day too.
    you are entitled to your opinion. But I think when I get tells from EVERY member of the group talking about how much of an *** you are being, I tend to think it is probably you more than them. and where was the instance not being done right? We didnt wipe once. well except for you(the person that has done it over 50 times) that got punted over the wall by the LM that you swore you would interrupt

    You said: i don't really care who the leader is...

    then dont join a pug. If you can't respect a leader and follow what they are doing, dont join. not one time was the instance not being done right to where you needed to chime in your "expert advice" (which wasn't that expert to begin with). you just wanted to throw your Epeen around which got you booted(and then decided to tell the leader you were going to get him banned for that which you can't do)

    Bottom line. If you didn't like the way the instance was being done, drop. go run it with kin.

    I've done it over 50 times and you've done it more. so what? we know what we are doing. don't assume that just because it is a pug that people dont know the instance.

    I always take advice when it is warranted and I wont boot for that. Being a *****(to use your term in game) I will boot for and if he hadn't have dropped you, I would have.

    anyways this thread will be locked soon no doubt. so just chill in game
    Last edited by Delmore; Oct 16 2010 at 12:26 AM.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  6. #6

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Speaking of childish behavior... who's crying on a thread? It's like you just said, its a game. Get over yourself already and move on....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000257cb/01007/signature.png]Keganras[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondopher555 View Post
    i think that way it makes the resist DOT on boss remove faster if you have more spirits than having none.
    This is true. And a dumb reason to kick someone if this is what was said. Specially kicking him after he helped you kill the boss and not let him loot even though he helped you get through the instance. That's just pretty lame. Kick him before you fight the boss or let him loot.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,438

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    This is true. And a dumb reason to kick someone if this is what was said. Specially kicking him after he helped you kill the boss and not let him loot even though he helped you get through the instance. That's just pretty lame. Kick him before you fight the boss or let him loot.
    The boss wasnt dead. we kicked him during the fight. after we had told him that we are letting a couple bones pop but dont need 10 of them running around and he continued to argue.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    The boss wasnt dead. we kicked him during the fight. after we had told him that we are letting a couple bones pop but dont need 10 of them running around and he continued to argue.
    If that's the case, I probably would have kicked him too.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    691

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Just because you are in Preying Mantis(whoopty doo), doesnt mean you know everything about everything.
    Yes we do. When we're recruits we are put through a rigorous hazing process. We take written tests on every class and every instance in the game. We know the right way to do every bit of content and we make it look like a breeze - and we're jerks to boot!
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

    [color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

  11. #11

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by jhwort View Post
    Yes we do. When we're recruits we are put through a rigorous hazing process. We take written tests on every class and every instance in the game. We know the right way to do every bit of content and we make it look like a breeze - and we're jerks to boot!
    I never took any written test... must have came when a dwarf became officer :P
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    691

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    I never took any written test... must have came when a dwarf became officer :P
    It was implemented in order to weed out the dorfs... however, one dorf cheated.
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

    [color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

  13. #13

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    It's unfortunate that you got kicked during the last boss, but whether you deserved it not, idk. I'm not here to judge whether you crossed the line during that run or not. Point is, if you weren't the leader, despite what kin or reputation your kinship may have, is to let that person lead despite how fail or knowledgeable that person is. I've been in SG numerous times myself (not sure how many times, but at least six, one per my 65's doing epilogue quest ), but no matter how much you know SG, you should let your leader coordinate the run how he or she wants to do things. There is more than one way to do things and you should just let it ride despite if you have a better idea or not how to run things. Seemed this PUG run was going fine on its own, so you should just have let it ride. If this PUG run had numerous wipes, then you can offer suggestions on how to improve it. If the leader then doesn't take you on your offer and wipes frequently happen, then you can choose to leave that instance yourself without worrying about getting kicked out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b16fc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,953

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    I've always enjoyed trying out strats that are new/different to me. Sometimes I've found better ways to beat a fight than what my kin is currently using.

    Yeah, it makes my epeen shrivel a little. But it's temporary.
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: roxxi manor

  15. #15

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    The boss wasnt dead. we kicked him during the fight. after we had told him that we are letting a couple bones pop but dont need 10 of them running around and he continued to argue.
    Too bad you can only get 3 at a time huh?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000001afe5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "For those who don't build, must burn"
    The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
    Constantly Consuming, Conquer and Devour
    Awesome drips off me like Gatorade-colored UBER

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    I've always enjoyed trying out strats that are new/different to me. Sometimes I've found better ways to beat a fight than what my kin is currently using.

    Yeah, it makes my epeen shrivel a little. But it's temporary.
    Some people have the whackiest ideas in SG its fun to just watch them unfold. Personal favourites include:
    • Dont use oathbreakers or CJ on boss 1 and the fire will not come.
    • All yellow CJ will remove the shield (bloodpact) from the brute.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001509dc/01006/signature.png]Laetitia[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    691

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by Laetitia View Post
    Some people have the whackiest ideas in SG its fun to just watch them unfold. Personal favourites include:
    • Dont use oathbreakers or CJ on boss 1 and the fire will not come.
    • All yellow CJ will remove the shield (bloodpact) from the brute.
    The wacky ideas aren't what surprise me the most... it's the firm insistence that those ideas are fact even after the actual facts are presented. For instance:

    The bloodpact is on a timer - the buff will go down once the timer runs out and the brute will be vulnerable. Also, if you use ambush (warden) or hit a CJ from stealth (burg) before the brute is aggro'd and do 5-10k of damage before the stun wears off, he will not put up his shield. The last one I believe is a bug but they are both facts.

    Then the next pull, 45s in, a CJ will pop and the group leader will yell, "all yellows!" and 15s later the buff will be off him... see, it worked!
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

    [color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    473

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by jhwort View Post
    Also, if you use ambush (warden) or hit a CJ from stealth (burg) before the brute is aggro'd and do 5-10k of damage before the stun wears off, he will not put up his shield. The last one I believe is a bug but they are both facts.
    this little tidbit is a fact, but slightly inaccurate. if you use ambush or cj before the brute aggro, he will put the shield back up after recovering from the knockdown effect. you need to knockdown the brute after he aggro and during his animation to put on bloodpact. the window of chance is small, mere 2 seconds i believe. the knockdown will interrupt his initial combat script and he won't use bloodpact until the next scripted cycle.

    not going to argue whether or not this is a bug, but this is the same principle of champs horning the summoners during their summoning animation.

    anyway, i derailed this thread long enough. please continue with the original flame wars.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    9,845

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    That mechanic has changed. It used to be you could interrupt the blood pact animation with a CJ / Ambush knockdown. Now if you try it, he'll just throw it on after he gets up.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    691

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    That mechanic has changed. It used to be you could interrupt the blood pact animation with a CJ / Ambush knockdown. Now if you try it, he'll just throw it on after he gets up.

    It very well could have been changed. I haven't used it or been in a group that's used it for a really long time. It's just faster and easier to kill the brutes when more mobs are getting hit. I think the only reason that people were using that tactic to begin with was so you could remove the LMs and Summoners sooner, which is irrelevant in a decent group.
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

    [color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    This is an astronomical injustice!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    351

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    This is why I don't pug anymore, lol. Pro Exploiters and people who aren't leader trying to lead. It's the leader's right to choose what to do.
    LOTRO: Valthirus - Hunter - Vilya
    Rift: Valthirus - Warrior - Sunrest

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    137

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    I gotta say, it's pretty funny that he calls it a "fail SG run" when the only reason it was a "fail SG run" was entirely because of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondopher555 View Post
    ..And you say u've completed SG 50 times (wow) that's nowhere even close to the times I've done it, so think before you speak.
    Also, it was mentioned that they'd completed SG 50 times to show that, yes, they had a clue how to do the instance and were able to complete it perfectly fine doing it their own way. Not as a way to brag. So your condescension here is really silly.

    As a general rule I've learned that grouping with people who like to brag about completing an instance 100 odd times is a very, very bad idea.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: ...And yet another fail SG run...

    Unfortunately I am getting more and more boot happy. I love learning new strats, and I think member participation is important. Everyone in the group should feel welcome to give input (it is their run too, even if they aren't leading). But one person decides the final strat. If anyone keeps arguing or out right ignores the strat, they are gone. There is no time for that and it ends up ruining the run for the whole group. Let him go and start his own group where he can lead and do things his way if he is incapable of following someone else.

    This problem seems to grow as more and more people grow familiar with the content. Everyone becomes an 'EXPERT' at running it their way. My advice for the day is to not JOIN a group if you can't follow instructions that are different from how you do things. You should only LEAD groups.

    I'll speak up when in groups. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I learn something new, but the leader gets to make the call of whether to listen to the advice or not. Things change in this game and its amazing how many people will argue over things that changed 2 years ago, they just haven't tried it since then... but it doesn't stop them from arguing....

    This is a soapbox issue for me. This is a fellowship game, even though it is trying hard to be solo. People need to learn how to group up with other real people... it should be a tutorial skirmish or something and you can't join full fellows until you can communicate properly :/

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload