We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Subscription Benefits

I decided to give the subscription option a go. I bought $50 worth of coin a couple weeks ago and thought it might be better to just pay the monthly but I am not really finding anything that tells me what the benefits are. What do I still have to buy? What new things are free? What are the benefits of going with the monthly instead of just buying random coins?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marrak

Re: Subscription Benefits

I had thought this was easy to find - till I was actually looking for it....

http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

basically all quests up to 50 - don't have to buy riding, trait slots, get 5 bags, no gold cap, auction house slots, monster play, 5 characters per server, and ability to use destiny points. Also bear in mind that some of those things will stay with characters if you drop back down to premium afterwords.

Basically, once you have a subscription, the only thing you will have to buy is expansions (as opposed to free updates) when those come out. The current expansions are Mines of Moria and Seige of Mirkwood, and those have to be purchased even if you are a VIP.

However, up to whatever expansion you have, everything in-game is available without using the store. You will have no gold limit, 5 bags, access to all quests and instances in all areas you have the expansions for, access to swift travel, access to all crafting levels, access to all deeds in all regions you have the expansions for, destiny points, and monster play, and in addition, they give you 500 turbine points/month.

Those points can be used on fluff since you won't have to buy quest packs, or on perks like accelerated experience (tho you can also get them with destiny points without spending any TP or cash), or, you can save up your points and use them to purchase the next expansion when it comes out.

From my own point of view, it's a great deal.
    A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress!

Quote Originally Posted by revoked View Post
    Those points can be used on fluff since you won't have to buy quest packs, or on perks like accelerated experience (tho you can also get them with destiny points without spending any TP or cash), or, you can save up your points and use them to purchase the next expansion when it comes out.
    My uses for my TP income have included Shared Storage and the final batch of bank space that can't be bought w/ in-game cash.
    Congratulations on that Deed! You found a Nickel! Wanna go to the store & spend it now?

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b659a/01003/signature.png]Thothelion[/charsig]