We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Springing the Trap

I have successfully lead Mordambor into the trap. I am now stuck with him cowering. How do I get him off the bridge?

Re: Springing the Trap

I have just tried the quest 2 times, and have had the same thing happen to me. He cowers at the end of the bridge, but the quest won't finish. I have tried submitting a ticket, but no response. Anyone have any suggestions please?

I have the same problem, is there no answer here? It's been months since the OP started this thread. I thought this forum was about assisting free players...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000002543/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I just ran into this problem too. Submitted a bug report and help ticket.

I have had the same problem, three times in total. The forth time however I made sure I lured Mordrambor off the ramp completely and....... success, mission accomplished. Hope it works for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendrith View Post
    I have had the same problem, three times in total. The forth time however I made sure I lured Mordrambor off the ramp completely and....... success, mission accomplished. Hope it works for others.
    Just did same and second try no bug.

After so long I think it is time the Devs had a look!
    Thordbeinyk and friends

Streaming LOTRO every weekend at https://www.youtube.com/c/thordtv

This is still bugged!

How long has this game been out and keep finding bugs like this?

/sigh

Not sure if that deserved a necro rez though :/
    Last edited by Zombielord; Jun 30 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Just make sure you kite him off the lower end of the bridge, then you will have no problem.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002f807/01008/signature.png]Hrodberht[/charsig]

This bug is still in the game as of 1-dec-2012.
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

how to restart a quest

I know u are supposed to lead the guy off the bridge completely but i've tried to restart the quest and it just puts me in the same spot with him cowaring in front of everyone......how do I restart the quest completely??????

I can see this thread has been inactive for a while, but I thought I would still try posting here before starting a new one.

I've read about this instance and I've watched a video of how it should be completed. I've tried it a total of three times, doing exactly as was shown, and each time has given me and "instance failed" message and booted me out.

I've lured Mordambor down to the other end of the bridge. He eventually does cower. One of the rangers proclaims him to be now a prisoner. In the video I watched, this is where a quest ring comes up to complete it. But for me it just fails the instance and boots me out after Mordambor is told he's now a prisoner.

Just curious if anyone knows what it is I'm failing to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgadion View Post
    I can see this thread has been inactive for a while, but I thought I would still try posting here before starting a new one.

I've read about this instance and I've watched a video of how it should be completed. I've tried it a total of three times, doing exactly as was shown, and each time has given me and "instance failed" message and booted me out.

I've lured Mordambor down to the other end of the bridge. He eventually does cower. One of the rangers proclaims him to be now a prisoner. In the video I watched, this is where a quest ring comes up to complete it. But for me it just fails the instance and boots me out after Mordambor is told he's now a prisoner.

Just curious if anyone knows what it is I'm failing to do here.
    As a guess you are engaging Mordrambor at the end of the bridge before or near the top of the ramp instead of leading him into the ranger's trap. If you do not allow Mordrambor to move far enough down the ramp to where the rangers are waiting (about midway), the rangers will not be able to spring their trap (which is the reason the instance fails). I suggest going all the way off the ramp and let the rangers engage Mordrambor before you do. Mordrambor is aggro'd on you and will follow you. The rangers will spring the trap once Mordrambor is in it. If you engage Mordrambor near the top of the ramp, the rangers may enter combat but they will not have sprung the trap they have set.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Lightbulb

I tried about 10 times today and kept failing every time. I am pretty sure its glitched

Angry glitch

me too, certain glitch. Attempted this with my warden last year with no problem whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    As a guess you are engaging Mordrambor at the end of the bridge before or near the top of the ramp instead of leading him into the ranger's trap. If you do not allow Mordrambor to move far enough down the ramp to where the rangers are waiting (about midway), the rangers will not be able to spring their trap (which is the reason the instance fails). I suggest going all the way off the ramp and let the rangers engage Mordrambor before you do. Mordrambor is aggro'd on you and will follow you. The rangers will spring the trap once Mordrambor is in it. If you engage Mordrambor near the top of the ramp, the rangers may enter combat but they will not have sprung the trap they have set.
    I'm having the same problem and I'm not engaging him until the Rangers do. In fact, you really can't engage him until they do because he has a shield on him until they aggro. The problem doesn't seem to be user error. It needs an admin to attend to it unless someone has figured out a trick to avoid the glitch.

I just can't finish the instance too, i've tried it at least 15 times though.

I've tried it a few more times since my post for help. The instance is still failing each time.

Springing the Trap

Have tried it now 14 times got him of the ramp and take him prisoner but it still fails. Each time they say he's our prisoner but I get booted out. How is one to do the books if this one is bugged? Oh well end of book quests on this toon till they fix it. Have done it on other toons in the past, so one can hope. have submitted a bug report. can't submit a ticket only premium account.
    Last edited by Advice; Mar 13 2013 at 05:25 AM.

I had spent a dozen or so attempts at this quest yesterday trying to get him to the right spot as well, and after reading through this thread and others ended up submitting a ticket. Mod chatted with me for a bit in game and pushed the quest through for me (marked it as complete). Must be a known issue if they're doing that. Hope everyone finds a way through--I've been enjoying the epic quest story so far!

Quote Originally Posted by androlas View Post
    I had spent a dozen or so attempts at this quest yesterday trying to get him to the right spot as well, and after reading through this thread and others ended up submitting a ticket. Mod chatted with me for a bit in game and pushed the quest through for me (marked it as complete). Must be a known issue if they're doing that. Hope everyone finds a way through--I've been enjoying the epic quest story so far!
    That was very kind of the mod to do! Personally I don't think I still even have full access to customer support, given that I've not purchased points in quite a while. I submitted a bug report after encountering a glitch where the quest fails automatically when Mordrambor runs to a certain spot on the bridge after being defeated and surrendering. I also submitted a new support ticket from within the game client, which was mistakenly treated as having been sent from the support website and discarded. I'm not really sure what to do now. I love the game, and I would like to be able to physically continue playing through the story.
    Last edited by dracophoenix; Mar 15 2013 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dracophoenix View Post
    That was very kind of the mod to do! Personally I don't think I still even have full access to customer support, given that I've not purchased points in quite a while. I submitted a bug report after encountering a glitch where the quest fails automatically when Mordrambor runs to a certain spot on the bridge after being defeated and surrendering. I also submitted a new support ticket from within the game client, which was mistakenly treated as having been sent from the support website and discarded. I'm not really sure what to do now. I love the game, and I would like to be able to physically continue playing through the story.
    You do not have access to Game Master support. Your request for GM help in completing this quest will be discarded. You only have the following options:

1) Come back and try the instance after each content update hoping that Turbine has delivered a fix for the problem.

2) Go VIP, submit a ticket after failing the instance in game. Hope that a Game Master comes and gets you past the defect.

Unfortunately, Volume 1 is very old content. The game changes in the past year or so tend to break this content as an unexpected side effect. I suspect that no one tests to verify that this old content still works after adding the new.

The other problem that I have run into is that there is at least one general defect in the software that makes many instances impossible to complete sometimes. It is not the fail every time like this problem. None the less it is annoying to have to do an instance 1-3 times to get credit especially when you have instances with long retry timers like the Horsefield Derby - 2 hour retry.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The bug is still there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You do not have access to Game Master support. Your request for GM help in completing this quest will be discarded. You only have the following options:

1) Come back and try the instance after each content update hoping that Turbine has delivered a fix for the problem.

2) Go VIP, submit a ticket after failing the instance in game. Hope that a Game Master comes and gets you past the defect.

Unfortunately, Volume 1 is very old content. The game changes in the past year or so tend to break this content as an unexpected side effect. I suspect that no one tests to verify that this old content still works after adding the new.

The other problem that I have run into is that there is at least one general defect in the software that makes many instances impossible to complete sometimes. It is not the fail every time like this problem. None the less it is annoying to have to do an instance 1-3 times to get credit especially when you have instances with long retry timers like the Horsefield Derby - 2 hour retry.
    Thank you very much!

The 10.0.2 hotfix update release notes indicate this problem is fixed! I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Edit: I just tried it, and it works!
    Last edited by Bilmo; Mar 20 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo + add additional info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast