We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I make a character signature?

It seems they haven't updated on how to do it. I go to forum preferences but see nothing on it there.

Help?

Re: How do I make a character signature?

Quote Originally Posted by XSpectreX View Post
    It seems they haven't updated on how to do it. I go to forum preferences but see nothing on it there.

Help?
    I'm not familiar with all the in and outs, but I believe a lot of the forum... perks, are limited to VIP accounts only.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Free players can't create signatures and I *think* Premium players can have signatures but cannot include any HTML/BBCode formatting. I could be wrong about that, though. VIP has access to everything... though it appears that they still have a broken character "plaque" that hasn't worked correctly since F2P started. It's why I still have a red X in my signature. I may just remove that someday if they don't fix it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000310eff/01007/signature.png]Avanthos[/charsig]
    AMD Althon II X3 435 [color=red]|[/color] 2GB DDR3 PC1033 RAM [color=red]|[/color] 1GB GeForce 220 [color=red]|[/color] Windows 7 [color=red]|[/color] 2TB Hard Disk Space [color=red]|[/color] 7mbit Cable

I'm a VIP and like the original poster, I cannot even see options in my forum preferences to create one so it's not just a F2P issue. I know older players are having issues with their sigs *updating* just now as well but some of us out here can't even make one in the first place. Sad but true. They're be handy to have, updated or not, as this feature was really appealing to me for my own personal websites but alas, it seems for now I'll just have to use crayons and make my own.

.sad nameplate-less MountainHobbit

ps. For you diagnosticians out there, both XP and Win7 machines as well as Firefox and IE platforms (and all permutations therein) have the same "no options can be seen" problem so I think that may rule out a client-side platform issue.

My Forums Settings
    side bar on the left; click edit signature
    scroll down and it walks you through making the char one in a box labeled "character Signatures"

idk about f2p restrictions but ik thats how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riamus View Post
    Free players can't create signatures and I *think* Premium players can have signatures but cannot include any HTML/BBCode formatting. I could be wrong about that, though. VIP has access to everything... though it appears that they still have a broken character "plaque" that hasn't worked correctly since F2P started. It's why I still have a red X in my signature. I may just remove that someday if they don't fix it.
    I'm not a premium member or a VIP whatever and I can still create a signature.