We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Da Jokrador Corner.

Hey, I'm Jokrador.

Re: Da Jokrador Corner.

So, Hit lvl 20 today. I am pretty stoked about that. I can rain arrows from the sky now! That is sooo cool. I am liking the game enough, I am gonna subscribe this weekend. Can't wait to get my mount. So sick of all the running. (I know I know, I know nothing of real running like you old schoolers do. lol)
    Anywhos, ya.

Welcome.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#66CCFF]Graf[/color][color=#FFD52A] | [/color][color=#FF3300]Musta[/color][/font]

Good morning guys.
    Be sure to stop by the area of the prancing pony sometime and relax to some good music on the lute.

Awww... A Jokrador progression thread! *smiles*
    How cute!

I expect level progression posts, and odd observations to keep this thread entertaining!

So, ole lvl 21 today. Boy that was a beast. I did bookII chapter 5 in lone lands. Horrible wifi connection and alot of dying. But I got through it in the long run.
    I will be subscribing this weekend so that will help alot. (Mount, unlocking quests, ect) Can't wait to get to moors and slap some folks around! I haven't lost a spar yet. (Cept when I get bored and try up a 65)
    I took down a lvl 30 rk today outside of bree. He newbed up and called me a hacker. lol " Can't be, your a hacker. I am a good rune keeper and you shouldn't beable to beat me!" lol
    Anywhos, Going for lvl 25 by tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

If ya see me around, Be sure to pull out a pipe and ask for a tune. I also (Upon request and payment) join people on fishing trips to play music and provide ale!

Jokrador of Lindon-Fellow of Bree.

So, tomorrow is the big day to subscribe. I am happy. I will be able to hit lonelands and such.
    anywhos, I got a question to all my devoted readers out there. (including blondie since I know how much you care. ^.^)

Waffles or pancakes? Why?

I <3 you!!! I can't wait for you to get to the moors, we will have sooooooo much fun!!!! When you get out there look for me, I'll be wearing lime green armour, I have soooo many hugs and kisses for you!!!!
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Oct 07 2010 at 11:19 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Yes! I can't wait for moors also. I am lvling pretty fast. As soon as I can get into moors, I will be there. I will be easy to find. I am the one shooting at you from the bushes.

I still don't quite understand moors though. Is it open pvp? Like, I can run around and kill whoever I want and whenever as long as it is in moors? Is moors a country or is it a battleground?

Could someone explain some details on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokrador View Post
    Yes! I can't wait for moors also. I am lvling pretty fast. As soon as I can get into moors, I will be there. I will be easy to find. I am the one shooting at you from the bushes.

I still don't quite understand moors though. Is it open pvp? Like, I can run around and kill whoever I want and whenever as long as it is in moors? Is moors a country or is it a battleground?

Could someone explain some details on it?
    The moors is an area off by itself.
    You will find NPCs to fight, and other players playing as monsters- Wargs, orcs, spiders, etc. You won't be able to kill other freeps, but you will have a lot of fun killing creeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000950d0/signature.png]Aeginor![/charsig]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]The Original Kin Collector![/SIZE]
    [B]Leader[/B], [I]Fend For Yourself[/I]
    [B]Successor[/B], [I]Disciples of Annuminas[/I]
    [B]Officer[/B],[I] Fellowship Of Eriador[/I]
    [B]Member[/B],[I] Vinyara[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]Lords of the West[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]SleeplessKnights[/I]
    [B]Recruit[/B],[I] Sons Of Durin[/I][/FONT]

So....
    There isn't pvp in lotro... ?

So....
    No real pvp, no.

So....
    Sadly no. I'd have paid some nice money to be able to murder hobbits all around the Shire though.

I am officly a sad panda. I have now found the one thing I don't like about lotro. It's ok though. To many other things keep me going. I will just be

THE NUMBER ONE SPARING PEROSN Thingie a bob. ehh. That sounds gay.

Blondie, Cheer me up with a funny picture.

THE NUMBER ONE SPARING PEROSN Thingie a bob. ehh. That sounds gay.

So....

There is a form of PvP in lotro, only it's called PvMP - Player versus Monster Player, or Monster Play. It is a Player versus Player game, but with a lot of other stuff thrown in too. It is unique in that it is possibly the only game where you can play as many of the LOTR monsters in such a way and in such large numbers versus PvE players in a large, albeit restricted, battle area. When it works right, when combats are fluid and groups range the map in tumultuous battles as control of the map ebbs and flows, it can truly be a great time! When, on the other hand, it overly resorts to turtling and EC-STAB farm fairs, it can sometimes lose its luster.

"LOTRO offers a unique form of player vs. player combat known as Monster Play. Players are transported to the Ettenmoors, a consensual PvMP (Player vs. Monster Player) region about the size of the Shire. Here, the Free Peoples and the Forces of Angmar are in constant active conflict, and players can choose to join the fight as either their normal player character (at level 40 and above), or as one of the servants of the Enemy!

Playing as a Monster

To access Monster Play, you must create at least one Free Peoples player and attain level 10 or beyond. After that, a red "Monster Play" button will be active on the character select screen after login. (Prior to Book 10, Fell Scrying Pools were used in-game; these have been removed.) In Monster Play, you have one slot for each class available to play: Orc Reaver, Orc Defiler, Spider Weaver, Uruk Blackarrow, Uruk Warleader, or Warg Stalker (all of which start as level 65 monsters). Once created, each monster character will persist and be available for further play, unless you choose to Reset it.

Monsters can trade with other monsters, but they do not have Mailboxes. They cannot use tools, armour, jewellery or other wearable items, but they can use potions, food and some charms. They can loot defeated mobs, accumulate money and also sell spare loot to Quartermaster NPCs. Monsters can accept Quests and are usually rewarded with Destiny Points (DP) for completing them. They also receive a smaller number of DP for each player, mob and NPC defeated.

Monster Play Advancement

As if ravaging Hobbit villages as an Orc and sending their furry little feet fleeing in terror weren't reward enough, there are other incentives for participating in Monster Play.

Basic aspects of advancement: the rank, rating, renown/infamy and other information about your participation and advancement appears on The War page of your Character Journal.

Destiny Points

While it is primarily monster characters that directly earn Destiny Points (DP) in the Ettenmoors, both your monster character and your Free Peoples characters will share and benefit from this point pool. DP can be used to purchase new skills, improvements to armour, extra damage, and so forth for your monster. In addition, Free Peoples characters can spend them on Perks.

Destiny Points appear on the main character page of your Character Journal for both monsters and Free Peoples. Additionally, you will see a handy UI window appear after level 10 showing you how many DP you currently have, and a button allowing you to buy Perks wherever and whenever you like outside of combat with your player character.

Rank

Rank is a reflection of your standing and service to the Free Peoples as a player character, and the favor earned in service to Angmar's army as a monster. Each type of character, monster or Free Peoples, can earn up to 15 ranks."

Here is another good link for you to look at and learn some more specifics about "Monster Play".

http://www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ruu00 View Post