We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Moving things around in the UI?

This is probably a completely stupid question, but I've looked through the settings, tried searching several times in several places to see how to do this, and haven't found anything. I apologize if this is stupid and a waste of time. I don't know anything about stuff like this.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with my quest tracker overlapping the mini map. Usually the former is layered on top of the latter and that's not so bad (but still annoying), but today it's the other way around, making it so I can't see the first couple of quests on the quests tracker at all. Observe:

I like having both the quest tracker and mini map in the UI, but I just need to move the quest tracker down a little so it doesn't overlap with the mini map. Help?

Re: Moving things around in the UI?

CTRL + \ will allow you to move (almost) everything in the UI

And it isn't a stupid question if you don't know the answer - that's what the forums are for!

Oh my god, thank you so much! That was driving me nuts.

Hy WitchKingNazgul9,

I have the same problem, but when I press "ctrl" and "\" nothing happens! Why? Maybe is a keyboard problem? I have an Italian keyboard, please help me! I'm going crazy :-S

Quote Originally Posted by Styrdan View Post
    Hy WitchKingNazgul9,

I have the same problem, but when I press "ctrl" and "\" nothing happens! Why? Maybe is a keyboard problem? I have an Italian keyboard, please help me! I'm going crazy :-S
    Try checking your keybindings. Look in the Miscellaneous section under Options (Ctrl+O) --> Key Mapping. Find "Reposition UI" and see what it's bound to. If "Ctrl" + "\" doesn't work for you, try setting it to something else. Just make sure the key combination you assign isn't in use by something else important.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000017f1f4/signature.png]Ohgee[/charsig]

[COLOR=#a9a9a9]a.k.a.[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Tyrant Grizlark, Bane of the West[/B][/COLOR]

Smile Re: Moving things around in the UI?

Thanks gmb79,
    my problem was that I have an italian keyboard, so the keys to press was differents... With the key mapping I have changed the shortcut to an another working one!

Thank you so much, I have been looking for this since the day I started playing.

Oh my god, thank you do much! This has been driving me crazy for days now as Ctrl\ wasn't working for me. My settings was Ctrl# THANK YOU!