We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unofficial home to EU players

As I'm currently living in the EU I've seen many players online during the time zones usually associated with those outside of North America (03-16 central) - even more than Elendilmir at the moment (the unofficial Australian server).

There's every chance some of these players are Australians, but I have a strong suspicion, coupled with a number of members in my kinship from the UK, Holland and Germany... that Dwarrowdelf has picked up a lot of EU players (as the delay of FTP launch in EU has brought many players over to our servers).

So....

I'd like to welcome all EU players to the server to keep ex-pats like me and those who play during the day/morning States-side company.

Welcome EU, to the unofficial EU server :-)

Re: Unofficial home to EU players

Thats great to hear, I am from EU aswell, been playing a bit on Riddermark, but think I might start here if theres a good number of Europeans.

Many of us EU players on Windfola too. Loads more arrived with F2P as well.

My char on this server tho is Goose
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000129f79/01008/signature.png]Kalliea[/charsig]

Me and all my friends who started the f2p at the same time as me got Dwarrowdelf as the recommended server so just went with that (from Finland btw)

well then it's unofficially official.
    we can be home to all the homelsss european players joining FTP :-)

look me up in game if u need a hand or if u need any jewellery

havig

Not long started here but enjoying it so far and I'm from the UK and my character is called Dram. If you see him say hi and he will stop to say hello.
    Last edited by pippyred; Nov 15 2010 at 07:59 AM.

really glad to see more EU players in the game, especially as this is a new server and there's so many people on in the day (european times!)

any EU ppl looking for a group give me a poke! would love to get to know more in EU timezones

- Havig

EU Player here as well. Joined LOTRO with the F2P and I'm already P2P.

Going to buy the RK class and start him on this server
    EU here to
    Truth and Justice

I'm an Australian on Dwarrowdelf. I play Hadhod.

apparently EU isn't going FTP and their servers are probably going to go offline, which I guess is why we're getting a lot of EUs coming over .... hope they find a good home on a nice new server here :-)

Hey all,

I thought I'd chime in as I'm looking for a US server, looks like I've found a new home away from home

I'm currently a founding lifetime member over on the EU Laurelin server, but with the way things are right now I'm finding it hard to keep motivated incase the worst comes to the worst and it's all wasted effort.

So for now until the situation is clearer I'm going to start fresh here, nice to meet you all!

I am from Europe too..
    Anyway i though to post here in this thread because there are many europeans that play in US servers.
    My quesion isid anyone of you bought the Moria expansion from amazon?and how did you managed to made it work?
    I mean if you are from europe and play on US servers then you cant buy Moria expansion from amazon.uk because its codemasters and it will not work and you cant buy from amazon.com because theyd ont ship in Europe.
    Anyone has got their Moria expansion from internet and how?Because to buy Moria from the lotro store its more expensive and you dont get a month of vip
    Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by twelvefingers View Post
    apparently EU isn't going FTP and their servers are probably going to go offline, which I guess is why we're getting a lot of EUs coming over .... hope they find a good home on a nice new server here :-)
    I am also from EU servers (have toons on 4 of the 5 [EN] servers)

Are you assuming we are not getting F2P or is that a confirmed statement

I am a Lifer with 3yrs under my belt, several high level toons on Evernight. Would hate to see the servers close down.
    Especially as i have paid for the "Lifetime" of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruil View Post
    I am also from EU servers (have toons on 4 of the 5 [EN] servers)

Are you assuming we are not getting F2P or is that a confirmed statement

I am a Lifer with 3yrs under my belt, several high level toons on Evernight. Would hate to see the servers close down.
    Especially as i have paid for the "Lifetime" of the game
    it's just what my EU kinnies are telling me, I had a look at the EU forums and wow... it looks like y'all are about to have a riot or something haha http://community.codemasters.com/for...iscussion-1330

Dwarrowdelf could be a nice new home if it comes to the worst :-) I wonder what they would do with the lifetime subscribers though, if they did close the EU servers (??)

F2P will eventually come to Europe but somehow I dont see it being quite the same as here. There are small differences in-game now between the two clients, not sure what It will be like when the day does come.
    I have high level chars on EU and NA servers, but decided on a fresh start again with new chars on a new server purely for the challenge.

I was an EU founder but started playing here two years ago, I re-subbed to EU after one of the welcome back weeks then cancelled. Same old lag and server issues that has never changed and again CM treating their player base like mushrooms. Customer service is not one of their good points. If EU players want to put up with that kind of service then best of luck, I'll stay here.

No-one knows what is happening with the game in Europe atm other than CM, all we can do is speculate, needless to say the rumour mill is in overdrive.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000001dc8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I welcome EU players here ... but I would be cautious of proclaiming this as an unofficial EU server. There are many US side that don't want to see the game echoing crickets unless its during prime EU hours (because folks read posts calling it an unofficial EU server and go elsewhere thinking they won't have many folks to game with) heh ... We are a mixed gaming community, US brings the daylife in general and when all western hemisphere folks are asleep, the EUs bring the nightlife. It is a good level of activity to spread around all hours.

Well, shame on Turbine! They offer three quest packs at 75% only for a day, we EU players have an eur/usd change rate favorable...
    I could not resist the offer.
    I took my arms and my backpack and moved here, leaving my Captain at level 50 on the Laurelin server.
    I don't think I'll go back, well maybe not, when CM will release the F2P I still can go back to catch up with my friends (but I doubt they'll release it in 2010).
    Sadly because there I had access to the Moria Expansion and here I don't...

Hey guys, i played LOTRO from launch on the EU servers, have a few level capped players but have not played for well over a year. Decided to give the game another try and saw there is some confusion on the EU side so thought i would come straight here as have not really had performance issues on other US server MMO's. Rolling a Hunter called Vandit if the EU guys have a kinship up and running. Will be starting the level grind tomorrow

it's good to see EU people here.

how new is this server? it seems that it's populated mainly with free users.

Another EU refugee here

Very nice and busy so far, I'm really happy here. There is a bit of lag but then that's probably to be expected half way around the World.

And there's Landroval. I've been playing on Landroval since I started in 2007. I was living in Moscow at the time, now I'm in Stockholm. Our kinship has been picking up new members from the EU who are also tired of waiting for CM to get things sorted.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000007f615/01008/signature.png]Alfrodul[/charsig]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Alfrodul Taurfaron[/COLOR][/B], [I][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Elf Hunter of Mirkwood[/COLOR][/I], [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Thengil Cylcelairlang[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Champion[/I][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Vetyrlithi Neithithron[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Loremaster[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rilien Veryangóle[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Rune-keeper[/I][/COLOR], [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Tûrsidhion Bellthandien[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Warden[/I][/COLOR], [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Ingolf[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Guardian of Rohan[/I][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Kveldulfr[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Burglar of Rohan[/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Smile Re: Unofficial home to EU players

Well i have been buying one or two of the quest packs (my last being the Troll Shores), and have not regreted it. Think I'll stick around on this server for awhile as I am trying to get a few more friends to give it a go.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000020c112/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hi all,
    Thought I might just pop in to say hello.
    I'm from the UK and have been playing on this server for a couple of weeks.
    Say hi to Eohric if you see him.

Quote Originally Posted by senseye01 View Post
    how new is this server? it seems that it's populated mainly with free users.
    Our home was made (and 2 other servers) to accommodate the influx of f2p.. so yeah.. there's going to be quite a few free users jumping around.. thinking its WoW and spamming the chat with insane questions (that a tiny bit of effort on there end would answer..) ye know.. the "kiddies".. I hear it gets better at higher tiers of play.. but as a Current free user myself (about to sub as soon as physically possible) I can't complain too much.. I just try to help "legit" questions about confusing things that took me a while to get the hang of..

Just FYI.. when i launched the launcher for the 1st time.. Dwarrowdelf was the "recommended" server for me.. and im in Australia.. so obviously most f2p players just do what the launcher tells them.. and end up here
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000009d2d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast