We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warning Your Kinship has Fallen Below... error?

Myself and my members keep getting that message that says we have fallen below the amount of members needed for a Kinship, but in fact we are not below that, and the message will not go away.

We have almost 20 members, will this go away after the 5 days?

Re: Warning Your Kinship has Fallen Below... error?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuessheir View Post
    Myself and my members keep getting that message that says we have fallen below the amount of members needed for a Kinship, but in fact we are not below that, and the message will not go away.

We have almost 20 members, will this go away after the 5 days?
    It will go away after the first 5 days, it's a bug.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mines_of_Moria View Post
    It will go away after the first 5 days, it's a bug.
    I had the same error but my kin had 14 people, not 20, and my kinship was forced to die. That shouldn't have happened but it did. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    I had the same error but my kin had 14 people, not 20, and my kinship was forced to die. That shouldn't have happened but it did. Why?
    The game software thought your kinship were until the limit. The game software destroyed your kin. All you can do is write a bug report. Most likely there was at least one corrupted piece of data in the kinship record.

The increasing number of errors in a database is a significant issue for any system that has long lived persistent data that is constantly changing. Even if steady application of human power to identify and fix these errors you can never get them out. You have to accept there will be errors in things like the master death file for American citizens, credit reports, IRS databases, social security, banks and everything else.

The worst part is that attempting to fix an error often results in adding an additional error and not fixing the original problem. Like send in an address change - they put the wrong new address - or change the address for a different person.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 10 2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.