We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Seeking a decent source for Tier Two mats.

I've found a few locations with a single spawn for Cryptic Texts and Ruined Second Age Trinkets, but they are far from each other so it's very slow going. I even tried farming copper salts with my explorer to make dyes. After farming over 200 copper and about 75 tin I had a grand total of 8 salts. *sigh* Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Re: Seeking a decent source for Tier Two mats.

I have found most of the scholar stuff in the Barrow Downs. Before the patch, Copper Salts seemed to come up with every other copper node; that's not the case anymore. I have only found them on Rich Copper deposits and I don't come across those very often.

try the port of kheledul in ered luin...2 or 3 random spawns on a fairly quick timer.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000007e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[B][COLOR=Blue][URL="http://www.oldtimersguild.com/"][U]Old Timers Guild of Gladden[/U][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=Blue] [COLOR=DarkRed]Naed[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Naedric[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DarkGreen]Naedly[/COLOR] - [COLOR=Orange]Naedz[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=Blue] ...you get the pattern [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

My experience is that you'll get most of your scholar materials from drops rather than from the scholar nodes. Try the undead in the Barrow Downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean340 View Post
    try the port of kheledul in ered luin...2 or 3 random spawns on a fairly quick timer.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I traveled to the port and at first I was a bit worried as the mobs were level 11 and dropped T1 mats. But you were correct, the scholar nodes that spawn there are T2. I'd get three or four spawns and then have to wait. I'd get three or four more and then have to wait. After a couple of hours I got really bored and left. *smiles* But I expect this is about as good as node farming gets this side of Moria.

My RK is level 23 so I'm taking him out to the Lone Lands. I'll check out one of the goblin forts there and see if there are nodes to farm while killing goblins and hopefully getting drops from them as well.

Thanks everyone

you do get a good return from nodes but you have to farm them - harvest them in a general area, making a loop, and then work your way back to your starting point. Eventually you get a good feel for how long it takes the nodes to respawn. They don't always respawn in the same exact spot, but in that general area (close enough you should be able to find them easily).

Looting humanoid/orcs is always good, as well of course.

You can find a list of what tier spawns in what general area in the FAQ above, also.

Basically, there will be some nodes near ruins. Not necessarily all ruins, though I can't think of one off hand where I haven't seen one, but there probably is. Sometimes the ruins are occupied, sometimes they're not. Forts are also likely locations, occasionally a stone dais/statue out in the middle of no where, that sort of thing. This is the out of doors variety, there are some in dungeons as well, but I don't tend to bother with those unless I'm in them for something else already. (Never pass up a free node )

Anyway, just a couple things I thought I'd mention!

I've found that a very good spot is the Vale of Andrath (sp?), on the road south of Bree, just east of the Barrow Downs. Filled with humanoids, that drop a fair amount, and I think 8-10 nodes. I think by the time I finished getting the quests I already had there completed, I had enough to make about 40-50 crafting scrolls, easily enough to level up. Likewise, I'm finding that Iovarnas (again, sp?--the dwarven dungeon in the center of the Lone-Lands) has lots of T3, both from the dwarves/orcs you kill and from the 6-8 nodes.
    Besides Kheledul, any other good places for T1 farming--the advantage of the other 2 was an essentially circular area with lots of nodes and humanoids, but I'm not sure if I've encountered anything comparable for T1.

Minas Vrun in the north downs is an okay spot, too - some nodes, some goblins. If you hit the nodes in the ruins and kill the mobs, then go kill the mobs in the goblin camp to the south of it, by the time you get back the nodes have respawned.

Quote Originally Posted by ObGynKenobi View Post
    Andrath (sp?), on the road south of Bree
    If only every tier had a place this easy to farm...

Looking for Scholar Stuff in Lotro

I recently made some maps with the scholar tier 1-6 nodes i know in Lotro's Middle Earth regions.
    They may be handy if you are looking for scholar artifacts, or looking for herbs for making dyes.
    I also included a review of all flower and weed parts i know to make dyes, to ensure an alternative way to level up as a scholar.

Have fun with it!

http://elannah.blogspot.nl/2013/02/w...lar-stuff.html