We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Permanent Mount

Question Permanent Mount

I'm new to the game. My request is for step-by-step instructions on getting a permanent mount after acquiring the purchased "Riding Skill". Who do I talk to, where do I go? Is there anything else I need? Possibly in-game coin to purchase the mount? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Permanent Mount

Visit the Henstager Farm in Bree-land. He will happily sell you a mount.

6 Long Street, Bree-land Homesteads, Landroval, open to all

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquita View Post
    I'm new to the game. My request is for step-by-step instructions on getting a permanent mount after acquiring the purchased "Riding Skill". Who do I talk to, where do I go? Is there anything else I need? Possibly in-game coin to purchase the mount? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    1st: Are you a F2P/Premium account person or a VIP?

Talking Re: Permanent Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquita View Post
    More specifically ... Visit Henstacer Farm North of Bree (look for the horse symbol on the map.) You can then buy any of four different color horses (you can check out the colors in the stable) for 500S each. OR you can buy the same horses with TP at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
    More specifically ... Visit Henstacer Farm North of Bree (look for the horse symbol on the map.) You can then buy any of four different color horses (you can check out the colors in the stable) for 500S each. OR you can buy the same horses with TP at the store.
    If they're F2P the price/process will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    If they're F2P the price/process will be different.
    no it isn't, VIP, Premium, or F2P, you either buy the horse from their, or you purchase it with points....there is no difference.

Only difference is the way to obtain the skill....which he already has and isn't part of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeneldorian View Post
    no it isn't, VIP, Premium, or F2P, you either buy the horse from their, or you purchase it with points....there is no difference.

Only difference is the way to obtain the skill....which he already has and isn't part of the question.
    I am a new f2p player also. When I go to the store to purchase with points, I only see the options to buy the training skill and the options to buy a mount for 7 days or 30 days or whatever the offers are.

Are you people saying if I buy the riding skill that I will see other options for permanent mounts? Thanks in advance!

Edit: oh and how many points do they cost if that is the case?

Yes, that's how it works. You'll see the option to buy a horse in the store after you have the skill to use it.

There's a great guide on how to get your mount here:http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/02/gui...ro-mounts.html and a look at all the different mounts you can get in the game (not all are available through the store) here: http://www.statesmanswatch.com/lotro/horses01.html

This is something Turbine needs to address in a patch, clearly explaining how the horses work in the tutorial.

Just having a throwaway quest after a while isn't doing the job, and it's not fair for players to have to explain this over and over and over.

Not to knock new players, they have no choice but to ask, because it's so poorly explained, but Turbine is the one that should be doing it, not the players...

Turbine has never understood casual gamers, catering mostly to the hard core. If they want F2P to succeed in the long run with this game, this is going to have to change.

Ok, so I'm a lifetime account holder, VIP I gather.

I've started a new character that will be my main character and he's only up to about level 8.

Am I to believe that I can purchase riding skills in the company store and then a permanent horse in the store at this level too?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jalida View Post
    Ok, so I'm a lifetime account holder, VIP I gather.

I've started a new character that will be my main character and he's only up to about level 8.

Am I to believe that I can purchase riding skills in the company store and then a permanent horse in the store at this level too?

Thanks,
    Correct.

Once you buy the riding skill in the LOTRO store, you will unlock the option to purchase permanent mounts in the store that are immediately usable.

I lack the patience to level all 8 of my characters to level 20+ just to buy mounts, so in my case it's much easier just to spend 195 TP for the riding skill + 695 TP (permanent horse) or 995 TP. (Goat)

Thanks,

I too don't have the patience to get my new main up to level 20 before he can start riding around and getting around at a fair level of speed, and hey, since they've given me the free points, and I assume will continue to do so at a lesser degree each month, I might as well spend them, no point to letting them sit there never being used when they were free.

The hard part was choosing the goat or the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooith View Post
    Are you people saying if I buy the riding skill that I will see other options for permanent mounts?
    Correct. The LOTRO store will only display the items that you can purchase. There will be many things in the store that you do not have. Since you can not use them, you will not see them on sale. Note - There may some cases where the checks do not work.

We have some real life situations where you need to show your documentation before getting to kick the tires. Generally, most retailers will let you price, get finger prints on, handle stuff that you can not use. Not allowed to use. In the hopes that you will get the requirements. Think kindly of them. Come back and buy it from them.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Note - There may some cases where the checks do not work.

We have some real life situations where you need to show your documentation before getting to kick the tires. Generally, most retailers will let you price, get finger prints on, handle stuff that you can not use. Not allowed to use. In the hopes that you will get the requirements. Think kindly of them. Come back and buy it from them.
    Are you trying to confuse him even more? lol.

[QUOTE=LadyVix;4997943]Correct.

Once you buy the riding skill in the LOTRO store, you will unlock the option to purchase permanent mounts in the store that are immediately usable.

And therein lies the problem. I have already purchased the Riding Skill and the Horse. I have found the Riding Skill in the Character Journal. WHERE'S THE HORSE? I'm sure they are immediately usable IF (and that's a big IF) you know where to find the creature.