We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LT DoT wipes

LT DoT wipes

Does anyone know if there's a cue the LT gives when he wipes DoTs/Imminent Cleansing/etc? From several FRAPS I've taken it does not seem to coincide with any emote or cue the LT gives.
    [CENTER]Othrandir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Resistance - Brandywine[/CENTER]

Re: LT DoT wipes

I think it's when he reaches a certain morale point and he ramps up the dread at the same time. Just like the Twins HM fight, where they both wipe their debuffs and a brazier comes on at 45k gaps from 270k, and the dread increases by 1, after the twin with the higher remaining morale reaches 270k/225k/180k/135k/90k.

Don't quite have the morale gaps for the Lieut on hand, but I think that's the way they gate higher gloom/dread on the Lt. HM fight, but not the EM fight, by making him shift phase (and wipe dots and add +10 gloom) every 25k or 50k or whatever morale amount until he's at his max gloom level (which isn't very far in). Except it's the first few intervals from the top of his morale pool this time instead of from the bottom like the twins.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=pink]Kethina, Woman Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]80[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R5[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=pink]Shiara, Elf Minstrel [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R9[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Alynne, Hobbit Huntress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]67[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Kylanna, Woman Loremistress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/COLOR] [COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]Landroval[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Landy: Avarice (R5 Warg), Squeak (R4 Defiler); Brandy: Amberjack (R4 Warg)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well observed! That's corroborated by my videos. I can't believe I didn't notice the flash when dread ramped. Thank you very much for the help.

This should definitely help us be more consistent with Sting corruption removal
    [LEFT][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000081e5a/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/LEFT]
    [COLOR=silver]
    [/COLOR]

Sure thing! And for the records, do you happen to have handy the morale points when he ramps it up then? Always been curious but never remember to check when we're actually there.

No worry if not, thanks either way!
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=pink]Kethina, Woman Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]80[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R5[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=pink]Shiara, Elf Minstrel [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R9[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Alynne, Hobbit Huntress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]67[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Kylanna, Woman Loremistress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/COLOR] [COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]Landroval[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Landy: Avarice (R5 Warg), Squeak (R4 Defiler); Brandy: Amberjack (R4 Warg)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shiara View Post
    Sure thing! And for the records, do you happen to have handy the morale points when he ramps it up then? Always been curious but never remember to check when we're actually there.

No worry if not, thanks either way!
    What I believe happens ---

His que to wipe DoT's, Ramp up Dread, and start his purple eye / fear rotation anew is to say "The time of Elves and Men is over...."

This que is almost always right when he decides to give out a second purple eye. I believe the DoT wipe also triggers the LT to start over his 30 second rotation for purple eyes...therefore if a purple eye is already out when he wipes his DoT's and says the script....you get two purple eyes at the same time.

From my parses on the burglar (I do not know the specific morale levels), the LT seems to do this que every 1 min 30 - 1 min 45 seconds of DPSing him. The first dread ramp up is very early on in his morale pool, however, so it seems like 45 seconds first ramp up, then 1 min 30 sec or so till the next few. So however much morale we are burning off of him in that time, thats when he wipes his DoTs and ramps dread up.

Considering our LT HM kills have been about 8 minutes long (depending on number of times tank gets yellow) after he dismounts, that would be about 5 dread ramp ups and DoT wipes throughout the fight. I think he puts the raid at maximum dread somewhere around 150-175k HP remaining. If someone has more specific numbers, please do tell.
    Last edited by ofMiceandHobbits; Sep 27 2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ofMiceandHobbits View Post
    What I believe happens ---
    His que to wipe DoT's, Ramp up Dread, and start his purple eye / fear rotation anew is to say "The time of Elves and Men is over...."

This que is almost always right when he decides to give out a second purple eye. I believe the DoT wipe also triggers the LT to start over his 30 second rotation for purple eyes...therefore if a purple eye is already out when he wipes his DoT's and says the script....you get two purple eyes at the same time.
    This is correct. The purple eye cycle resets at the morale markers where dread ramps up, causing two purple eyes on occasion. I also do not have the morale levels either but it would be nice to know. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time during that fight to write them down.
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

[color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by ofMiceandHobbits View Post
    This is what I understood to be true until I took a closer look at my videos after Shiara's helpful insight. I see in my fraps when dread ramps up there is not necessarily "The time of Elves..." cue, but all effects on the LT are wiped each time dread ramps up.

I do also see in my fraps that when dread ramps up a new purple eye is handed out, as jhwort mentioned, explaining the occasional double purples.

I'll have to increase the resolution on my video captures so I can better confirm all the dread ramp morale points. So far there seems to be one at ~492K, ~437K, ~382K, ~327K... The LT starts with 547K, so it's probably something like every 55K off his top morale are the dread ramp points up to max.
    Last edited by clappi; Sep 29 2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.

Between Fraps and scheduling issues I haven't been able to take a video of LT dread ramp points for the past two weeks. Hopefully I'll have one by this Friday. Stay tuned.

I confirmed the gloom ramp points to be basically every 55K from max morale to max dread: 492K, 437K, 382K, 327K, and 272K. However... I was under the impression that the encounter started at 210 gloom and ramped up only to 250. My fraps shows 5 gloom ramps, so perhaps there's one that occurs that does not actually increase gloom?

Quote Originally Posted by clappi View Post
    I confirmed the gloom ramp points to be basically every 55K from max morale to max dread: 492K, 437K, 382K, 327K, and 272K. However... I was under the impression that the encounter started at 210 gloom and ramped up only to 250. My fraps shows 5 gloom ramps, so perhaps there's one that occurs that does not actually increase gloom?
    I distinctly remember one last one at around 210k (from your series of numbers it would be ~217k). I'm fairly sure that gloom/dread starts at 190 and ends at 250. I'll double check this on our next raid to be sure.

[color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the numbers that you're quoting 492k, 437k, 382k, 327k, 272k, 217k are all 10% increments of the LT's health. And jhwort I believe is right, the fight starts at 190dread.

So it looks something like:
    90% health = 492k = 200 dread
    80% health = 437k = 210 dread
    70% health = 382k = 220 dread
    60% health = 328k = 230 dread
    50% health = 273k = 240 dread
    40% health = 218k = 250 dread

That lines up with my anecdotal observations as well. And Turbine typically likes to put phase transitions at nice round percentage numbers. I believe a lot of the transitions in DN where at certain % of the boss's health ( I forget the numbers now it was like 15% and/or 40% or something like that).

I'm still curious what would happen if the LT healed from a yellow eye, went above one of these checkpoint morales and then went down again if his marks would wipe and he would put out another purple eye? I doubt it... but could be possible.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by jhwort View Post
    I distinctly remember one last one at around 210k (from your series of numbers it would be ~217k). I'm fairly sure that gloom/dread starts at 190 and ends at 250. I'll double check this on our next raid to be sure.
    Ok, thanks for the correction on the starting gloom. I'll double-check my vids for a 6th ramp around the 217K mark, but the one I posted on YouTube does not show one at that point. I'm wondering if this might relate to doubling up on a ramp point earlier in the fight... more on that below.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma44 View Post
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the numbers that you're quoting 492k, 437k, 382k, 327k, 272k, 217k are all 10% increments of the LT's health. And jhwort I believe is right, the fight starts at 190dread.

So it looks something like:
    90% health = 492k = 200 dread
    80% health = 437k = 210 dread
    70% health = 382k = 220 dread
    60% health = 328k = 230 dread
    50% health = 273k = 240 dread
    40% health = 218k = 250 dread

That lines up with my anecdotal observations as well. And Turbine typically likes to put phase transitions at nice round percentage numbers. I believe a lot of the transitions in DN where at certain % of the boss's health ( I forget the numbers now it was like 15% and/or 40% or something like that).
    Great observation Kam. The percentage makes sense. 547K would give us our rough 55K interval. Now we can be even more obnoxiously precise: 54.7xxxK intervals anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Comma44 View Post
    I'm still curious what would happen if the LT healed from a yellow eye, went above one of these checkpoint morales and then went down again if his marks would wipe and he would put out another purple eye? I doubt it... but could be possible.
    I can confirm from our run this week that if a ramp point is surpassed, the LT heals back above it, and then surpassed again that you don't get the gloom ramp graphic (a flash of eye-of-Sauron-orange/motion-blurred zooming effect). However, based on the fact we did not receive a 6th morale point gloom ramp and that we were already at max gloom around 273K perhaps the gloom ramps anyway... just without the effect wipe and gloom ramp graphic? Once again, I'm going to take a closer look at the fraps to see what I might be able to discern in this respect.

Many thanks to our fail tank who provided us with the opportunity to explore this further... that fail tank being me.

However, based on the fact we did not receive a 6th morale point gloom ramp and that we were already at max gloom around 273K perhaps the gloom ramps anyway... just without the effect wipe and gloom ramp graphic? Once again, I'm going to take a closer look at the fraps to see what I might be able to discern in this respect.

Many thanks to our fail tank who provided us with the opportunity to explore this further... that fail tank being me.
    I just watched your fraps and in fact there were only 5 effect wipes/dread ramp ups that I saw... but, I could have sworn he wiped at ~210k last time I checked - just goes to prove that what is remembered isn't always accurate. Anyways, if the fight ends at 240 dread then we know that there are only 5 dread ramp ups and approx what intervals they happen.

I especially liked the part where you accidentally opened up the Turbine Store.

Quote Originally Posted by jhwort View Post
    I especially liked the part where you accidentally opened up the Turbine Store.
    lol Thanks. Had several failures between the chair and keyboard in that fight. Those notwithstanding, I'm still not sure why they decided to perma-bind Ctrl-S to open the store... don't they know that's inconvenient for me?

lol Thanks. Had several failures between the chair and keyboard in that fight. Those notwithstanding, I'm still not sure why they decided to perma-bind Ctrl-S to open the store... don't they know that's inconvenient for me?
    I do this ALL the time... ctrl = vent for me. And everytime I do it I swear I'm going to go fix my bindings, and yet I still haven't lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

Sooo, I've confirmed that it starts at 150 gloom + 50 dread (so 200) and ends at 250 gloom/dread. 5 dread ramp ups. Even less chances for double eyes then I thought.

Almost forgot the most important part of this thread!

Make sure your burglar spams 75% addle on the LT, it totally helps everything

Oh man, Geoff... now you're getting evil!