We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Unsummon Pets

Unsummon Pets

I'm a newbie Lore-master, and apparantly when I lvl, my pet does not. I have to resummon it to correct it to my lvl. But for the elvin-life of me, I can not find out how to dismiss or unsummon my pet. If anyone has any info, I would appriciate it.

Re: Unsummon Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    I'm a newbie Lore-master, and apparantly when I lvl, my pet does not. I have to resummon it to correct it to my lvl. But for the elvin-life of me, I can not find out how to dismiss or unsummon my pet. If anyone has any info, I would appriciate it.
    If you right click on his portrait, you have options to rename and dismiss your pet.

Group and Pet Management
    These are commands that are entered on the chat line. All commands are prefaced by '/'.

invite -- usage: /finvite < player > alternative: /invite < player >
    kinship -- usage: /kinship < create | disband | recruit | accept | decline | quit | expel | promote | demote | motd | successor | resign >
    lfg -- usage: /lfg <on|off>
    lff -- usage: /lff <on|off>
    lfp -- usage: Marks yourself as looking for players matching your criteria.
    pet -- usage: /pet < attack | follow | stay | assist < on | off > | guard | aggressive | passive | skill1 | skill2 | skill3 | status | release | releaseall | rename <name>>
    raid -- usage: /raid < create | disband | invite | dismiss | promote | demote | swap | leave>

found under:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Commands

I guess if there is no "pre-made" button that you could make a macro, haven't played with that yet.

Have fun.

Just to note- Heralds for Captains and Soldiers for people playing Skirmishes also work this way. They won't level up just because you do. You have to dismiss them and re-summon them. Just right click their portrait and choose Dismiss as mentioned.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000310eff/01007/signature.png]Avanthos[/charsig]
    AMD Althon II X3 435 [color=red]|[/color] 2GB DDR3 PC1033 RAM [color=red]|[/color] 1GB GeForce 220 [color=red]|[/color] Windows 7 [color=red]|[/color] 2TB Hard Disk Space [color=red]|[/color] 7mbit Cable

Glad I bumped into this thread. There was no explanation on unsummoning a pet.

Now I have to figure out how to move my nasty overlapping portraits. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayelle View Post
    Now I have to figure out how to move my nasty overlapping portraits. Sigh.
    Click control+\ and you will be able to move stuff around in your user interface. That will let you avoid the overlapping portrait thing!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

sup this is so epic

how do you unsummon pets in lotro

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaminecaft View Post
    how do you unsummon pets in lotro
    For LRM pets read the second post, for cosmetic pets, its a toggle skill, then only use the skill a second time for unsummon the pet.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    [...] its a toggle skill, then only use the skill a second time for unsummon the pet.
    Effectively, horses work the same way. Click on, or hotkey, the horse and you summon it, click or hotkey again and you send it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouven View Post

I guess if there is no "pre-made" button that you could make a macro, haven't played with that yet.
    You can make an alias to dismiss your pet if you want.

The command, which you can use any old time, is

/pet release

If you like, you can alias it:

/alias ;p /pet release

And if you want it on a hotkey, you can then do

/alias shortcut ;p [NUMBER]

Where [NUMBER] corresponds to one of the keys on your
    skillbars. 1 is 1, 2 is 2, and so on till 0 is 10, - is 11, = is 12.

I've never taken the trouble to find out what the numbers are
    for the A+[NUMBER] Ctrl+[NUMBER], et cetera are. You can
    experiment a bit and find out if you want to.

Or once you've set the alias shortcut to some vanilla [NUMBER],
    you can click-and-drag it elsewhere.

(N.B. you can /alias to some other alias than ;p; it can be just
    about ;anything.)
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    As Sergio said, just click the same button to summon the LM or captain pet again or mount & it will dismiss the summoned pet (doesn't work the same way with soldiers & RK pet rocks). To move any kind of stuff withing your game screen, click control+\ when you are done moving UIs. click control+\ to lock stuffs in place.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~