We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there such thing as a FEMALE Dwarf?

no female Dwarfs?

Re: Is there such thing as a FEMALE Dwarf?

Quote Originally Posted by drboarder View Post
    no female Dwarfs?
    It is impossible to tell female from male dwarfs to outsiders. So there is no selection in game to give it away. But yes, you can chose to play your dwarf as a male or female, and tell everyone you want. But due to lore, nobody should be able to tell unless you tell them.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Kordred - Champ | Koridian - Hunter | Ainulindir - Minstrel | Korlod - Burgler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]I sense a disturbance in the forums, as if millions of grammar teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Vilya - Angarain Erain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Odd, there is no option to start your character as a female.

This question appears periodically as the previous thread drops off the first two or three pages of the forum. It usually generates a long discussion about lore, gameplay, what Tolkien actually meant and requests for more "feminine" options at character creation.

Turbine has chosen to go with the description from an appendix that 'Female dwaves rarely go out and when they do their appearance, garb and speech is so like the males that it is impossible for other races to tell them apart' (paraphrased). This coupled with some references to the fact that all dwarves are born with beards indicates to many that there is no point in making female an option at dwarf creation. NPCs will refer to you with male pronouns and adjectives, but that is as it should be. This leads to a belief in some places that dwarves are not born but come directly from the stones of the earth.

The biggest controversy is whether or not Dwarf NPCs should acknowledge the difference. One school of thought claims they should not as it is a racial custom to refer to everyone as male outside the home - possibly to keep the confusion alive among other races. Or possibly Dwarf females, being scarce, are always referred to as male in public as an extra layer of defense as dwarves are noted for extreme protectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by drboarder View Post
    Odd, there is no option to start your character as a female.
    Well, when you select a race, it simply says "dwarf" as opposed to the other races which say "Elf (male)" or "Race of man (female)", which means that it's up to the player to decide the gender. It's just that people are making the assumption that no female option=only male available.

I think what Chuimon said when it comes to why dwarf NPCs refers to you as male makes a lot of sense. Dwarves are very secretive of the females, and addressing the females they meet as male helps keeping that up, when there are other races about. Naturally the other races are going to refer to you as male, because they can't see a difference or might not even know that females exist.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

---

Yes, there are, now people playing as Females can adjust it so that they look more feminine, 1 Short thine bears, slimmer appearance( do not give yourself a v shape body). 2. Long hair and were dresses in cosmetics. 3. no hair on upper lip and round face and soft facial features thees can be adjusted as you created your player. This is the only way now to make a more feminine look to your character at present time. Maybe in the future Lotro may add more to this who knows?

famous gimli quote from the movie:

It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.
    ~Eldar~

If you really want to find out, you could just go around lifting up the skirts on dwarves....

...provided you don't mind constantly getting an axe to the back of the head in the process.

In classical mythology and travel writing, it is common for authors to make extraordinary claims about the people and beasts of foreign lands.

"The Wiki Wiki people of Nowheria have heads twice as big as a normal man. They spend their days dancing around fires of tremendous size, until of a sudden, they dash one of their own into the conflagration and consume him. There are no females of the species. When a member of the tribe perishes, another emerges from the hole of a giant snake."

If the one representative of a culture the author meets has a beard, all members of that culture have beards. If the author never sees a female representative of the culture, they have no females or the females look like the males. If a representative of a culture fibs, exaggerates, or lies to the author, there is no verification process; it is taken as completely truthful.

Works like the Poetic Edda lay out similarly incredible claims concerning dwarves. The Lord of the Rings reworks them only slightly. Therefore, I don't think we really know much about dwarves in Middle Earth. I personally think female dwarves look female (no beards) but stay close to home for cultural reasons. (However, if I meet a female dwarf with a beard in role play, I'll run with it.)

me thinks someone was bored to find and necro a year old thread.

Son, those ARE the female dwarves.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002b366/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[COLOR="lightblue"]~.~ [I]Real LOTRO PvP happens on the AH.[/I] ~.~[/COLOR]

Hello.
    Can You please look in my post? I have two Questions. And I need Some help. It is 2 Post above of this post.

According to a quest I did in Moria, I found a building were Female Dwarves in the good old days went to be together bathed a combination Spa and beauty salon were females gossip on current events of their times, all this happen when I found a curvy Dwarf Axe, so their are Dwarves Females.