We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Store Cosmetics

I love cosmetic clothing, and I wish we had more outfit slots, but there is one issue I have with what the LOTRO store offers: you can't try it on. It's often up to some enterprising players to take screenshots and post them so we can see before we buy, or you might get lucky and run into someone who purchased an item so you can inspect them and open your own dressing room (unless they are annon). Also, the store only shows you a thumbnail picture; if it's a full length robe, you only see the top half. I've got a lot of points to spend but I've gotten hesitant... anyone else agree?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000009da1/01005/signature.png]Falimond[/charsig]

Explore the map, use your head, and READ THE FRICKIN' QUEST!

[url]http://markrudeauthorartist.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: LOTRO Store Cosmetics

On my server people just ask in GLFF if someone can link the item they want to see. At this point, at least someone on your server will have bought everything from the store you want. That should help some.

Although I do agree, a dressing room would be nice. We asked for it in beta and they said they are doing their best to get a solution put out.

I saw a post somewhere that claimed they planned on adding in being able to check out how they look before buying.

A link with some pics of the cosmetics

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...tore-Cosmetics
    "Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
    www.oldtimersguild.com

That thread is nice, but misses one of the most important thing - how they dye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post
    I love cosmetic clothing, and I wish we had more outfit slots, but there is one issue I have with what the LOTRO store offers: you can't try it on. It's often up to some enterprising players to take screenshots and post them so we can see before we buy, or you might get lucky and run into someone who purchased an item so you can inspect them and open your own dressing room (unless they are annon). Also, the store only shows you a thumbnail picture; if it's a full length robe, you only see the top half. I've got a lot of points to spend but I've gotten hesitant... anyone else agree?
    That's what I have criticized during beta. If you have time you can install EQ2 F2P and take a look at the store there. That's how a store should be integrated. You don't have the feeling that the store is something external. You have mouse over pictures and a integrated dressing room as well.

I think the staff of Turbine should have a look at it, too. That's the way professional work looks like!
    Last edited by Dragonaut; Sep 23 2010 at 07:52 AM.

8. Re: LOTRO Store Cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    That thread is nice, but misses one of the most important thing - how they dye.

Read this:
    Cosmetic Guide

Edit: Unless you mean how each piece looks with different dyes - all I can suggest for now is to ask someone to link the item in chat so you can try it on and see.
    Last edited by Unique; Sep 23 2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Clarification
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?