We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question The Throne Room: Goblin-town Redux

So, I was just glancing through the instances available in the Instance Join panel yesterday. It was nice to see that CD/Uru were added in (even though not yet scaled). Then, I saw this wee little obscure entry: "The Throne Room - Goblin-town" (or something close to that).

This instance was locked in at Full Fellowship, Level 50 status. I took my 65 RKs through to see if I could get Rivendell rep item drops (yes, they do still drop in the instance) as I still need to get enough rep for the Swift Travel from Mirkwood/Loth.

The problem is, despite killing every moving thing in the limited cave system to which the instance gives access (I even doused all of the fires ), there was no completion to the instance--no daily quests of any kind were given, etc. I just killed until nothing but myself moved.

No matter what transitional boulder I opened and walked through, I was immediately removed from the instance and returned to my previous location. The instance, however, was never updated and I could only ever get back into the same (now empty) one that I had first created.

Does anyone have any insight as to something I might have overlooked or has anyone also had the same experience?

Re: The Throne Room: Goblin-town Redux

The Throne Room is at the end of the several quest chains that start outside of Goblin Town. Personally, I enjoyed the quest chains and the many hours I spent there back in SOA. Did you find the Rancor?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhunter78 View Post
    The Throne Room is at the end of the several quest chains that start outside of Goblin Town. Personally, I enjoyed the quest chains and the many hours I spent there back in SOA. Did you find the Rancor?
    Yes, I understand (and have completed) the traditional quest line. I am referring to entering the instance via the Instance Join panel. Yes, the "Rancor" is still there. I dropped down and killed him as well, then walked back up.

I'm at a loss as to what more can be done to "complete" this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by omniscient View Post
    Yes, I understand (and have completed) the traditional quest line. I am referring to entering the instance via the Instance Join panel. Yes, the "Rancor" is still there. I dropped down and killed him as well, then walked back up.

No more than URU or CD can have done to be completed. You go in, you kill the bosses, you loot, you leave. It has no daily quests yet, and won't until they go in to make it scalable. Beyond that, all I can say is don't kill the Emissary and wait a few minutes. That is all.
    My first raid idea.
    The Third
    The Second (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux14 View Post
    No more than URU or CD can have done to be completed. You go in, you kill the bosses, you loot, you leave. It has no daily quests yet, and won't until they go in to make it scalable. Beyond that, all I can say is don't kill the Emissary and wait a few minutes. That is all.
    Thanks for your reply. I guess what I really should have done was drop and regroup, and to then try and re-enter the instance. My biggest concern was that the instance was not resetting after killing the boss.

I'll have to wait until Friday to see if that works.

Thanks for your reply. I guess what I really should have done was drop and regroup, and to then try and re-enter the instance. My biggest concern was that the instance was not resetting after killing the boss.

I'll have to wait until Friday to see if that works.
    All instances will reset after a certain period of time. Or if you form a group outside of the instance and enter.
    My first raid idea.
    The Third
    The Second (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

There is no "completion" per se. You just do the quests for the instance. That's all.

But you first need to GET the quests for the instance. This is not a skirmish or one of the scalable instances with those awful auto-granted quests. It has real classic quests, with prerequisites, story lines, etc.

Personally, I think most of the fun here was with getting to the instance entrance. Doing it as instance join lessens it a lot.

Fantasy Land, sharing a house with Loch Ness and Bigfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux14 View Post
    It's awfully nice of the Goblin King to remind you of where you are. One of the funniest moments i've had in LotRO was seeing that particular script unfold.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]"I wonder what causes this, and if it could be changed," shows a much deeper thought process than, "Is it laziness or incompetence that prevents my desires from being fulfilled?"[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=blue][B]floon[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]"There are no limits to the devious plans of Sapience™"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] ~ [B]Tolero[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000052200/01001/signature.png]Borihnon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    There is no "completion" per se. You just do the quests for the instance. That's all.

But you first need to GET the quests for the instance. This is not a skirmish or one of the scalable instances with those awful auto-granted quests. It has real classic quests, with prerequisites, story lines, etc.

Personally, I think most of the fun here was with getting to the instance entrance. Doing it as instance join lessens it a lot.
    I'm not a big fan of the "beam-me-in-Scotty" instance join, since it removes any reason to explore and see the game world outside of normal questing, but I like it for this one place. The throne room quests are the only thing I have left to do in GT on 2 of my toons, so it will be nice to just go straight in there, if I can ever find a few more people to go in with me.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank