We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

cant receive epic quest volume 1 book 2 chapter 7, help!

i finished chapter 6 by talking to the guy at the forsaken inn. when i read the completed quest in my log, it said at the end that i had gained the trust of the eglain and could now ask them where to find radagast. but when i talk to him again, there is no option for the next epic quest. i tried talking to all the people in the inn, and at the eglain camp, and NONE of them gave me the next quest. is this a bug? or am i just missing something? i have all the quest packs and both expansions, so i know i have access to all the quests. just to clarify: i have no current epic quest in my quest log. after asking around in the advice chat, people said that never happened to them. someone help?

Re: cant receive epic quest volume 1 book 2 chapter 7, help!

I have not quite gotten there yet, so I can't test it directly, but what level are you? I know some of the quests along the line have (or had) a minimum level required to pick them up.

In the Lorebook, Chapter 7 shows as a minimum level of 22. (May have changed with the revamp of the Lone-lands, but it is a thought.)

Go to Ost Guruth in the Lone-lands. I know it says that somewhere along the line in the quests, but that's your next step.

I've done this today, I spoke to Gadaric Munce and he sent me to find someone of the Eglain so I spoke with him again. He told me I seem trusty and sent me to Ost Guruth to speak with Radagast. Aren't you low level or something?
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

did you ever find anything on this? it happened to me too at level 25.

Sorry to rez this - but noticed this book is not in my completed log so tried to pick it up. I retook Weathertop and spoke to the guy in the Forsaken Inn who sent me to his brother - but no luck getting Chapter 7. As you can see level should not be an issue. Any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Sorry to rez this - but noticed this book is not in my completed log so tried to pick it up. I retook Weathertop and spoke to the guy in the Forsaken Inn who sent me to his brother - but no luck getting Chapter 7. As you can see level should not be an issue. Any ideas anyone?
    Is your standing with Eglain high enough to continue?
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Is your standing with Eglain high enough to continue?
    Hi Yula - yes, more than enough.

I am wondering if it is a bug after the LL revamp. I'm pretty sure I did this quest line before but when I was wandering the lands as a sad panda (courtesy of the ale keg) I happened to bump into two or three fuzzy Candaiths. They then offered me quest I.2.1, checked my completed log list and had chapters from 8 on completed, so I had to have already been in to see Radagast.

So, I thought groggily to myself, three can play at this game. So, I duly completed chapters 1-6, retaking Weathertop yet again, went to see the 2 Eglain folks responsible for passing me along to the big R, and no go.

My quest log currently shows 1-6 complete, 8 and above complete, and that odd gap at 7. As I say, suspect it is all a bug - not too worried about picking it up but thought a solution might help others who have asked.

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    My quest log currently shows 1-6 complete, 8 and above complete, and that odd gap at 7. As I say, suspect it is all a bug - not too worried about picking it up but thought a solution might help others who have asked.
    Due the massive number of revamps. Turbine's goal which they appear to accomplished is to all players regardless of their completion state to finish the Book. Experience Weathertop. It is possible to complete Volume 1, Book 2 without doing Chapter 7.

I wanted to make sure you could finish the Book. Get the enjoyment of Radagast, Weathertop and the Ranger.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Due the massive number of revamps. Turbine's goal which they appear to accomplished is to all players regardless of their completion state to finish the Book. Experience Weathertop. It is possible to complete Volume 1, Book 2 without doing Chapter 7.

I wanted to make sure you could finish the Book. Get the enjoyment of Radagast, Weathertop and the Ranger.
    Thanks for the suggestions - yes, have done all that great storyline

This all came up while I was riding south into Dunland. Candaith kept reminding me that I had promised to help him retake Weathertop. I told him I thought we already had. He insisted, so I checked my quest log - lo and behold - it wasn't showing as completed. So, I ran through it again with a huge sense of deja vu all over again.

Again, what's your level?

Also had this problem. Found out that the solution was in fact, that you have to be level 22 to take the quest from one of the Munces.