We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: OOC Chat

OOC Chat

I swear my IQ dropped by at least 10 the past few days... How's it going for everyone else?

Edit: lolwut my joindate is 2010 now instead of 07?

Re: OOC Chat

Its a good thing I don't drink... Still have a buffer of brain cells to lose. It got so bad, I had to filter out OOC in my chat tab. I've never done that before on any game, but the conversation was just... *bleh*

Dogan
    Meh.

It is a product of the F2P and giving access to griefers, etc. It will start to fade once you move beyond the basic F2P areas. Thankfully ...

The problem is, that you can't always filter it out because the other channels can get nearly as bad sometimes.

Its just the Bree-Lands that cause this. Anywhere else in the game is fine and I've had no grief. Maybe once every few days in Bree-town but thats about it. Besides, I just ignore the major troublemakers anyway. Seems to work in keeping out a lot of the disgusting chat.

Cool Re: OOC Chat

Eh a few choice Ignores and it thins out the morons in ooc nicely.

People, of a lesser character, tend to use such channels as OOC to do nothing more than frustrate others and/or attempt to soil the reputation of another merely because of a past/current conflict or disagreement. I find the best way is to just /report bad behavior. Ignore often just allows the problem to continue until someone finally reports. Turbine is often rather quick to handle anti-social and problematic behavior.

Yeah... I think we all knew that this would be the inevitable result of F2P. I turn it off in Bree. It will get better as you move out of the starter areas.

What annoys me is that the juvenile idiocy even spills over into channels like /advice. I like to keep advice open since experienced players CAN be helpful to some of the newbies.

Agree with everyone here. Was playing my LM last night enjoying questing and then people start spamming the OOC channel saying how WoW is better than LOTR and saying how Lich king is better than LM's etc. Really annoys me when people slate 1 game saying how another one is better. My reply was "if you think WoW is better go back and play it and stop bothering those of us who enjoy playing LOTR"

I just start answering actual questions. Pretty soon the trolls all crawl back under the rocks they came out of in the first place and things aren't so bad.

Give it a try sometime, the results might surprise you.

OOC Chat at least in Bree reminds me of Barrens Chat so much I'd almost swear the same folks played that other game a few years back. All we are missing is the 2006 Chuck Norris meme and it would be Barrens Chat.

Needless to say Lonely Lands is pretty nice.

Folks seem pretty friendly in this game. I'm loving it so far and Turbine is already makin money off of me (which is good since I want the game to thrive!)

I turned of OOC chat for now as it was very distracting. Just got the Troll Shores pack and made it to Rivendell which was just amazing.