We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ash Wood

Ash Wood

Anyone know the best area to farm this? or even better a guide to gathering wood?

Re: Ash Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Anyone know the best area to farm this? or even better a guide to gathering wood?
    North Barrow Downs has been good for me

Depending on level, one spot that might work is the north eastern edge of Bree-land. Just head up the road to the Hengstacer farm, turn east, and keep going past the farm. There are some wide open areas out there that don't seem to get a lot of traffic. The creatures are fairly well spread out, the gathering is good, and there are some repeatable quests to kill bears and boars.

Going in there as a level 17 hunter, mostly just grinding and collecting (I did each quest once), in two hours I hit level 19, gained two deeds (for killing the orcs in the area), collected over 120 ash logs and over 100 medium hides, and probably picked up anywhere from 100-200 silver worth of other vendor trash as well. The orcs also dropped some good recipes, I did OK picking up resin and flax, and ran into very few people the entire time. Just do a circuit between eastern Bree-fields, Far Chetwood, and in the north I believe it was Nan Haith (I could be wrong there, I apologize). The down side is there are no vendors in the area, so your packs can fill up quick, but even if you make a few shorter trips, it is well worth it. If you're a prospector as well, there is also good barrow iron around there.

Cheers

got to be high level though. Don't want to die

North Barrow Downs.

Re : Ash Wood

It is not Nen Haith but Nen Harn. It is a huge lake. You can find there some T3 nodes and I think also some T3 wood.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000018894d/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Talking Farming Wood in Lotor (location of Wood Nodes)

I recently made a survey of Tier 1-6 wood nodes in most of the Lotro regions. For players who have a woodsman and want to roleplay this profession a bit - or wonder which wood type you are actually harvesting - I added some flavor about lore and utilization of all the wood types you can find.

Hope this is of any use for you!

http://elannah.blogspot.nl/2013/01/w...o-farm-it.html

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elannah View Post
    I recently made a survey of Tier 1-6 wood nodes in most of the Lotro regions. For players who have a woodsman and want to roleplay this profession a bit - or wonder which wood type you are actually harvesting - I added some flavor about lore and utilization of all the wood types you can find.

Hope this is of any use for you!

http://elannah.blogspot.nl/2013/01/w...o-farm-it.html
    It's really nice, thanks you! Will attempt to rep+