We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is Vilya the right place for me?

Hi there!
    I'm a new player in lotro. I started last month, on Landroval, because it is the "unofficial RP" server. After the release of F2P, however, Landy became overpopulated and i'm looking for mature, non-WoW players. I'm thinking in moving to Vilya, but i'd like to encounter players that also enjoy the Lore, not only the numbers, traits, skills and builds... Of course i know i'll find every kind of player in every server, but i'm looking for a glimpse of the average population.

Is Vilya the right place for me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I was trying Imladris server, but the population of new players disrespecting rules of conduct and even courtesy made me annoyed...
    Last edited by mordredrs; Sep 16 2010 at 08:59 PM.

Re: Is Vilya the right place for me?

Quote Originally Posted by mordredrs View Post
    Of course i know i'll find every kind of player in every server, but i'm looking for a glimpse of the average population.
    Vilya is far above average

I think every server's beginner areas are in flux at the moment, hopefully it all gets sorted out as people progress to other areas.

Since you started on Landy for RP, I'll say that I don't see much RP in the end game areas. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist among other kins or in other areas tho, and I've been in many conversations over the years about the lore.

With Vilya you won't get a login queue! Most people are friendly, tho as you noted there are always a couple...

Re: Is Vilya the right place for me?

I don't think there is much (if any) RP on Vilya. If there is, it's mainly within kins and small groups and private I think. I've only run into RPers a few times. I know there are a lot of people who are well versed in lore here (note, I am not one of them).

I think, in general, Vilya is a little bit laid back and doesn't take itself too seriously. Not in an immature way, but more in a sitting on the beach listening to Jimmy Buffet while drinking a beer kind of way. We aren't "WoW-ish" but sometimes Unite can get a bit like "Barrens Chat lite." But I don't think any server is immune to it, I've seen that on Landy too (I have a level 25 hunter over there that I abandoned months ago). The worst I've ever seen on this server is no where near what I saw when I played WoW.

Most people are friendly though and we have some interesting personalities here.