We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy LOTRO launcher crashes after a back up recover with Norton Ghost (Ox800703E6)

I have been having this problem only with MMO game clients both with turbine and cryptic. Though I suspect they may be the same, turbine tech message is more informative.

I wont write the whole thing, since I can't copy paste it. But its start like this...

System.Runtime.InteropServices .COMException (Ox800703E6): Invalid access to memory location.
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.Cr eateInstance()
    (the rest seems to be a repetition of the previous line with Control.CreatControl, and ect. I got no idea what that is I am not a tech guy)

I have already look into the internet about this problem and even found one post here dealing with this issue. I tried to reinstall .Net 1.1, .Net 3.5 and .Net 4.0 , uninstalling the game and reinstalling, UAC changes, remove my overclocking of any kind, none works.

Everything else works fine except those game clients! So they must be related with a screw up with my Ghost recovery.

So of anyone kind enough to offer to some insight or a way to fix this, it would be great!

Re: LOTRO launcher crashes after a back up recover with Norton Ghost (Ox800703E6)

working with the assumption you created your own immage of your OS system with ghost

if both games are giving the same error then the first place you should start and this is assuming you didnt disable the page\swap file before creting your immage is to disable your page\swap file reboot. then delete pagefile.sys if windows hasnt removed it already, once youve rebooted and deleted the pag\swap file its safe to re-enable again

next check your event logs you will be looking for any error created since startup so either clear the appliction and system logs and reboot or filter down the logs looking for anything created for today.. then try lotro again and check for any further errors this should give you a real inidcation of where there is a problem, chances are theres a driver which is causing a problem
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Re: LOTRO launcher crashes after a back up recover with Norton Ghost (Ox800703E6)

Quote Originally Posted by Finglonger_UK View Post
    working with the assumption you created your own immage of your OS system with ghost

if both games are giving the same error then the first place you should start and this is assuming you didnt disable the page\swap file before creting your immage is to disable your page\swap file reboot. then delete pagefile.sys if windows hasnt removed it already, once youve rebooted and deleted the pag\swap file its safe to re-enable again

next check your event logs you will be looking for any error created since startup so either clear the appliction and system logs and reboot or filter down the logs looking for anything created for today.. then try lotro again and check for any further errors this should give you a real inidcation of where there is a problem, chances are theres a driver which is causing a problem
    Thanks for you help, unfortunately it didn't work. I have checked on event viewer anything that might come up as error when running LOTRO on the application section, nothing shows up.

I doubt it might be a driver issue since the backup date was to a time where LOTRO was still working. Though I got more information that might be offer more insight on my problem.

I am using windows VISTA 64 bit ultimate. I got 2 HD C: and D:
    The C: is a SSD with limited space so what I did is using the C: to install all software related to windows this allows faster performance for loading windows and softwares related to my work.
    I decided transferred my users profile on my D: drive of a 1.5 terabyte. All the games install, downloads, stuffs basically is on my D: drive, this include my pagefile.sys and my backup ghost images. The Backup ghost images are only backing up my C: drive which is rather light with 45GB.

So it might be a problem of backing up the C: to an earlier state and somehow there is a mismatch with the D: Though I thought uninstalling and reinstalling the game would fix it, but it didn't work. I was really surprised. Tried a registry cleaner also didnt work. So i am really lost on the matter.