We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Passing Through?

I've come back to the game (I wasn't here long the first time honesty, but that was due to outside influences) and may be bringing a few friends along. I started out the other night on Firefoot, but the idea of a fresh server appeals to me (nice fresh start).

My one worry is, how many of you are looking for a fresh start to play, and how many are just passing through, only to return to your "other" server when you get bored? I don't want to bring a few people to a server that's going to become a deserted wasteland. So far, from what I see, this server appeals to me, but as I said, I do have one concern.

Anybody?

Re: Passing Through?

Hi Rizxin. I understand your concern but you needn't worry. Crickhollow is one of the most packed servers with new and old players who have migrated from other serves. Even if a good number of players from other servers do leave, this server will still be one of the largest servers with all the new players. I don't think that is the case though, many players are looking for a fresh experience and are here to play. Also, this has been deemed an unofficial RP server so many people have come here to roleplay. I hope this helps.

Well, it looks like I'll be starting tonight then. I guess the RK population isn't so daunting yet on the server, and since most F2P can't be one, I'll start by giving that a shot.

RK is a good choice. I rollled a Warden and I miss my RK already!

On the note of passing through, this has been one of my concerns and I have found myself going back and forth over which server to land on between this one and Riddermark in terms of new servers. Riddermark has a larger population that is advancing much faster than here. So, what does that mean for the future? My guess would be more long term players here than most of the new servers as people are playing casually and enjoying the game while making new friends. Time will tell but I would bank on Crickhollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlouk View Post
    RK is a good choice. I rollled a Warden and I miss my RK already!

On the note of passing through, this has been one of my concerns and I have found myself going back and forth over which server to land on between this one and Riddermark in terms of new servers. Riddermark has a larger population that is advancing much faster than here. So, what does that mean for the future? My guess would be more long term players here than most of the new servers as people are playing casually and enjoying the game while making new friends. Time will tell but I would bank on Crickhollow.
    Riddermark has a higher population of players interested in PvMP. Here on Crick we're angling more towards an RP server. RP players tend to take their time, enjoy the game and focus on social aspects and fun. PvMP are motivated to level faster to be better at PvMP.

Take it for what you will and I hope it helps with your decision.

Oh, I am planning on staying here on Crickhollow. I was merely rambling on and comparing our server with another new server with a different mindset.
    Elysiren - 20 something Minstrel

Well… I was enticed over here by the opportunity to see a new community build from scratch. I started playing LOTRO about 1 year after initial beta and so missed out on this first time around. However, I did not plan on making Crickhollow my primary server.

But now that I’m here, I am tempted to stay permanently. The leveling pace suits me, no mad dash to 65, plenty of folks taking their time to appreciate Middle Earth, make new friends, and help each other out. I suspect that this has a lot to do with the RP influence on the server. I’m not an RPer myself, well maybe just a light RPer – each of my characters has a back story and distinct personality but I’m not committed to staying IC when I play. Nevertheless I enjoy being around the RP community and think Crickhollow is shaping up to be a great community.

So, am I just passing through? That was my original intention but now I’m not so sure.

Well, idiots in Bree OOC aside, I'm planning on sticking around. I'm in no rush to hit the level cap. I'd rather enjoy the ride and the storyline.

Eboz - RK and all-around drunken idiot.

OOC didn't seem bad last night while I was on. Of course most of my time on was spent battling the evils in the Great Barrows!

I agree the community is shaping up nicely and I have met quite a few new and veteran players that are very friendly.
    Elysiren - 20 something Minstrel

Staying put.
    [color=#4CC552]~ Koteas[/color]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises![/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][/FONT]
    [color=#FF8040]Champion - Crickhollow[/color]

Not passing through for me. Landroval transplant, Crickhollow resident.
    Aorric of Rohan - Warden
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Hapfast Heatherly - Minstrel
    Gwyllan Croft - Hunter

I'm here for the long haul along with mitreous, koteas, theros, and many others... You'll have a great time here - right after you turn ooc off for the next couple weeks until the server pop stabilizes and people get in the groove... Hang out with us in rp-ooc though, nice and mellow - helpful...