We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thievery and Mischief raid appears bugged

Ok so I've completed this raid a few times -- the end boss fight is one of the more difficult ones, but doable and I know the strat.

However, we went in there tonight -- yes on tier 3, to find this:

Red eyes were one shotting people
    Bhaltair was doing fire attacks that hit people for between 10k and 26k damage

none of that can be working as intended IMO.

Also on a side with skirms in general -- some of the Beafed up LT's are pretty OP IMO. Venemous blood arrows for one are sometimes one shotting people (talking 7200 point hits). Thunderstone smasher would stun his target then run up and do 9 to 11k to the target -- very very strange IMO.

Anyway wonder if anyone else has noticed some of these abnormalities?

Re: Thievery and Mischief raid appears bugged

You're running it on the hardest difficulty and then complaining it's too hard?

Heck, even on Tier 1, now that I hit 63, that Venemous Blood Arrow LT is deadly as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by musicman2000 View Post
    Ok so I've completed this raid a few times -- the end boss fight is one of the more difficult ones, but doable and I know the strat.

Also on a side with skirms in general -- some of the Beafed up LT's are pretty OP IMO. Venemous blood arrows for one are sometimes one shotting people (talking 7200 point hits). Thunderstone smasher would stun his target then run up and do 9 to 11k to the target -- very very strange IMO.

There are some issues, known I guess, with similar bugs. The blind one in DN now has one-shot eyes too, for example. The fight in T&M is hard, but our kin has done it on t2 and beat it. There was NOTHING on the scale of that type of damage, though, this is new and either a result of not doing something right (you have to keep that totem killed, etc) or a bug. If the red eyes one-shot, its definately bugged like the BO fight.

Also on a side with skirms in general -- some of the Beafed up LT's are pretty OP IMO. Venemous blood arrows for one are sometimes one shotting people (talking 7200 point hits).
    Isn't Venomous Blood-arrow the one that puts a nasty poison debuff on you that if you don't clear, it does a tremendous amount of damage when it expires?
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Kind of a general reply,

please remember the part of my post where i stated I"ve beaten the raid before -- I'm not coming in here clueless about the raid, or asking if this is WAI.

I'm stating -- this was NOT WAI. One shots and the likes that I was seeing from venemous blood arrows, and the Sorcerer eyeballs weren't operating like this previously -- honest.

I wasn't coming on complaining it was too hard at tier 3 -- I expect it to be hard. So I"ll run down the list:

Yes we were interrupting inductions
    Yes we were killing the totems
    Yes the mobs were seperated
    Yes we were potting the eyeballs and debuffs

We were still getting this fire attack I hadn't observed before from Bhaltair doing from 10k to 26k worth of damage. We tried 4 times -- remember, I know the fight -- and couldn't figure out a way to reduce the damage. It wasn't stating it was distributed though we did try bunching up to see if we could reduce it -- that didn't help.

So again I'm not just coming on and complaining something is too hard -- I'm putting it out there to the community and the devs that a fight I feel I know pretty well was operating very abnormally and it did remind me of the BO bug and the Turtle bug atm. Something is severely wrong with some boss mobs special attacks, and I think that similar bugs are effecting some skirmish Lieutenants and boss encounters. That was my point of the post.

Hopefully Turbine is compiling all this information and working on remedying whatever went wrong with this update to fix what seems to be a ton of encounters. Again -- not looking for easy or easier -- just looking for *not broken*.

edit in -- the venemous blood arrow never one shotted anyone when the debuff expired that I remember -- unless someone remembers differently? Yes it did a lot of damage and you had to clear it but a) you always had time to clear it and b) it didn't one shot you.
    Last edited by musicman2000; Sep 15 2010 at 11:04 PM.

Just saw the dev posts on the Blind One and Turtle issues -- looks like a fix for this kind of thing is in the works. Pretty sure what they are doing to fix those issues will fix the issues I saw in here. Awesome that they figured it out so fast. These bugs were causing damage to be 4.1 times what they should have been -- pretty crazy.

Just saw the dev posts on the Blind One and Turtle issues -- looks like a fix for this kind of thing is in the works. Pretty sure what they are doing to fix those issues will fix the issues I saw in here. Awesome that they figured it out so fast. These bugs were causing damage to be 4.1 times what they should have been -- pretty crazy.
    D'oh. Sounds like someone coding put a decimal in the wrong place or something.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I don't know about the rest of your points, but the Venomous Blood Arrow issue is probably working as intended. The release notes specifically state that the Blood-Arrow's induction skills were made more deadly. Why? I don't know. The last thing the Blood-Arrow needed was a buff.
    [I]Pineleaf Needles[/I],

Skirmisher Director for [URL="http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/"]LOTRO Players[/URL].

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Well we'll see after the fix -- I find it hard to believe the effect from the venemous blood arrow is supposed to do 7200 points of damage instantaneously to someone. My money is on that not happening again after the fix -- it's supposed to do more damage and be slightly harder -- it always spammed wounds and stuff that you had to clear asap. 7200 points of damage is a bit much IMO.

It's not just the raid. Duo and higher is freakishly hard. Far more difficult than any of the other bosses in any of the skirmishes, even harder than the optional mobs which are optional because they are meant to be more difficult, if the last boss is 10 times harder than any of them it kind of defeats the point.

Thanks for the post. This is the same issue that the Lieutenants "Courage-breaker" and "Will-breaker" have.

[Edit]: Please continue to post the different mobs you find that are broken in this way, because some will need to be fixed individually instead of systemically.
    Last edited by Raskolnikov; Sep 17 2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Heck, even on Tier 1, now that I hit 63, that Venemous Blood Arrow LT is deadly as heck.
    Just looked into him, and he's bugged the same way as "Bhaltair", "Courage-breaker", and "Will-breaker".

Dúrchest wounds you with a massive melee attack for 7,226 points of Common damage.

This is with 6729 (40.8%) common mitigation, 5092 (15%) melee defence, and a burglar's traited Disable (-20% damage) on Durchest. This was after the ~6th add I think. There were 3 others in Durchest's frontal arc, but that wasn't a distributed attack anyways.
    Last edited by Digero; Sep 18 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    [B][COLOR=white]Digero[/COLOR][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]Guardian |[/color] [B][COLOR=white]Digrim[/COLOR][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]Burglar |[/color] [url="http://domh.guildlaunch.com"]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/url] [color=#E0D0B0]Officer[/color]
    [B][thread=522150]Maestro[/thread][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]- Convert MIDI files to ABC[/color]
    [B][thread=344226]ABC Player[/thread][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]- Preview ABC files as they sound in LOTRO[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Digero View Post
    Dúrchest wounds you with a massive melee attack for 7,226 points of Common damage.

This is with 6729 (40.8%) common mitigation, 5092 (15%) melee defence, and a burglar's traited Disable (-20% damage) on Durchest. This was after the ~6th add I think. There were 3 others in Durchest's frontal arc, but that wasn't a distributed attack anyways.
    You forgot to include the number of corruptions he had at the time.

My kinship cleared BG last weekend with no problems. Durchest in fact was easier than he's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoscyamus View Post
    You forgot to include the number of corruptions he had at the time.

My kinship cleared BG last weekend with no problems. Durchest in fact was easier than he's ever been.
    As far as I know, the corruptions only affect his tactical damage and damage mitigation. That said, there may have been up to 6 corruptions -- we were getting more resists/evades on corruption removals than in past weeks.
    [B][COLOR=white]Digero[/COLOR][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]Guardian |[/color] [B][COLOR=white]Digrim[/COLOR][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]Burglar |[/color] [url="http://domh.guildlaunch.com"]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/url] [color=#E0D0B0]Officer[/color]
    [B][thread=522150]Maestro[/thread][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]- Convert MIDI files to ABC[/color]
    [B][thread=344226]ABC Player[/thread][/B] [color=#E0D0B0]- Preview ABC files as they sound in LOTRO[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Digero View Post
    As far as I know, the corruptions only affect his tactical damage and damage mitigation. That said, there may have been up to 6 corruptions -- we were getting more resists/evades on corruption removals than in past weeks.
    HI all,

Does anybody have a guide available of how to beat the 3 bosses from Thievery & Mischief on 6-man? Would highly appreciate it if someone posts here to give me a clue on how to do it. Thanks. (maybe guides for any other 6-man skirmishes as well. Thx.

Anadion/Kalykodac

Thanks Demetrius for this thread. We are the fellowship-raid skirmishers of Landroval and it is good to report abnormalities. Your posts have been very graceful. I would not handle the first reply to your thread with such maturity. Those arguing that the venomous blood-arrow is working at intended or saying that this thread is complaining are ridiculous. I would love to see their skirmish experience. Even had someone on my thread argue that the Venomous Blood-Arrow is WAI. We are trying to be helpful here and bringing to light bugged skirmishes. The horn and these bugged LTs have made skirmishing not enjoyable. Anyway, Demetrius, Thanks! Haven't seen you in-game for a while though

Thanks Mines_of_Moria poster for referring me to this thread from my very silly thread (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...must-be-broken...)

Thanks Raskolnikov for your post.
    The Thunderstorm-Smasher is also broken. He used to stun and then hit for 3k. Now he stuns and hits for 18k damage.
    I would like to add Chaos-Fiends and Dourhand Storm-Keepers to the same genre and list as the Venomous Blood-Arrow bug.
    Also Mazog in Battle in the Tower. (or maybe his adds) do a timed poison that will do 127% damage upon expieration.
    Last edited by soccercake7; Oct 08 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxdavila7 View Post
    HI all,

Does anybody have a guide available of how to beat the 3 bosses from Thievery & Mischief on 6-man? Would highly appreciate it if someone posts here to give me a clue on how to do it. Thanks. (maybe guides for any other 6-man skirmishes as well. Thx.

Anadion/Kalykodac
    Thievery and Mischief has 3 bosses. Rose, Balak, and Bolg. Rose heals and must go down first. She must be separated from the group. So have a guard tank Bolg and Balak away from Rose. Or put two champs on each of them. After Rose, you can either boss. Bolg has a slow. Balak mezzes everyone during the entire fight. It is useful to have a LM put SI on everyone.

Stand at Amon Sul is easy until the boss. Really have to be disciplined. Adds spawn as the boss goes lower in health. You must kill adds as they come or you will be overwhelmed at the end.

Gondamon has one drake at the end for fellowship and two drakes for raid. You just have to watch that Mathi doesn't get aggro of anything.

Ford of Bruinen has two trolls at the end. I usually have the fellowship kill the two trolls while I kite the boss.

Strike against Dannenglor is pretty bad and a lot of groups wipe. The boss summons adds that heal him, but if you kill them they do an aoe that hurts. I usually have the fellowship/raid take the boss out to the balcony, around the corner, and into the very corner and DPS there. And only single-target DPS the boss. He will get 2-3 heals, but just DPS thru them...

Protectors of Thangulhad is bad. Just did it yesterday with 4 people, but it's still bad. Again, pretty easy until the boss. The troll boss hits hard, and the longer he lives, the more buffs he gets to where he starts one-shotting folks. Do not DPS him. Do not tank him. Just have a designated kiter. The kiter will take the troll to the catapult circles. Every time he his hit, he resets his huge buffs. Continue to kite. Everyone kill the dog adds. These dogs do a root. If they root the kiter, then you are screwed. And you better hope your healer is a good kiter (Like Kymli). Also, at half health to the troll boss, warg-riders spawn. These warg-riders are like Torch-Bearers in Defence of the Prancing Pony. They have one goal, disable catapults. They have a corruption that makes then un-stun-able. So remove that, stun, and DPS them down ASAP. At about 10k health of the troll boss, you can have everyone DPS him down to finish!

Battle in the Tower, Ringwraiths, and Necromancers are self-explanatory.

For the raid versions of these and the skirmish Tuck and Thievery and Mischief, you'd have to ask the author of this thread because he is the expert!

I was checking Bullroarer this morning and found that the Venomous Blood-arrow has been updated to work in a reasonable manner (if "reasonable" can be used in relation to this lieutenant). The percentages have been made consistent along all group sizes and are slightly lower than the percentages currently on live for solo: 35% for the power debuff, 35% for the damage debuff, and 20% for the debuff that affects both. No more percentages higher than 100%. He's still annoying but at least he won't be one-shotting half the party.
    [I]Pineleaf Needles[/I],

Skirmisher Director for [URL="http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/"]LOTRO Players[/URL].

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Undisclosed location somewhere in the milky way galaxy

ok well let me start off by saying this: Your first stop for these types of issues should be the "known issues" thread here. The known issues thread is continually updated as more issues are discovered within a build. As of right now it lists on there that Venomous blood arrow and Courage breaker lieutenants are both bugged and are dealing more damage than they should be. Bhalitar is also listed (the thievery and mischief 12 man raid boss) as dealing significantly more damage than he should be. So yeah "known issues" should be where you first check for problems you notice in-game.

Secondly, if something is NOT listed on the known-issues thread but you clearly can tell that something is wrong, report it as a bug with /bug. Sapience and other GM's have repeated that INNUMERABLE times, and have often been quoted to say "if you think something's wrong /bug it."

While yeah It's a nice idea to post a thread on the forums to let others know about an issue you're experiencing in-game, it should be your LAST priority. Your first priorities should be to check the known issues thread, and then to report the issue as a bug. FYI, the known issues thread was last updated by Sapience on September 27 (so about a month ago).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000bd327/01007/signature.png]Amthalian[/charsig]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Valaraen Says: “Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!”[/SIZE][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSS400 View Post
    ok well let me start off by saying this: Your first stop for these types of issues should be the "known issues" thread here. The known issues thread is continually updated as more issues are discovered within a build. As of right now it lists on there that Venomous blood arrow and Courage breaker lieutenants are both bugged and are dealing more damage than they should be. Bhalitar is also listed (the thievery and mischief 12 man raid boss) as dealing significantly more damage than he should be. So yeah "known issues" should be where you first check for problems you notice in-game.

Secondly, if something is NOT listed on the known-issues thread but you clearly can tell that something is wrong, report it as a bug with /bug. Sapience and other GM's have repeated that INNUMERABLE times, and have often been quoted to say "if you think something's wrong /bug it."

While yeah It's a nice idea to post a thread on the forums to let others know about an issue you're experiencing in-game, it should be your LAST priority. Your first priorities should be to check the known issues thread, and then to report the issue as a bug. FYI, the known issues thread was last updated by Sapience on September 27 (so about a month ago).
    meh I came back and read this -- you did notice the date of my first post was from back in september right? I came here because it was a skirmish issue (highly appropriate IMO). The thread was replied to by a dev -- again indication it wasn't in the wrong spot. It wasn't moved -- again indication it wasn't in a wrong spot. And those two lieutenants weren't listed on the known issues thread at the time.

Also -- my post predates the FYI about Sapiences' last updating the thread.

Haven't retried the raid since then so I haven't posted any update to this thread.