We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Landroval Invasion?

I have read through some of these threads listening to people claim this is a huge rp server and that is it main goal etc etc. If i have missed something from turbine,, ill take back what im about to say otherwise please amuse me and riddle me this.

When was it decided by another server what this one will become. There are numerous landy players saying they will "come" over to visit from time to time and that they want this to basically become a mini me of that server. People also claiming this server will not be big on raids and pvmp. Now if Turbine has stated that this is a rp server by all means, other wise i send this out lookin for other Raiding / PVMP players to team up with and play the game the crickhollow way, shaping how the actually players of this server want to play rather than some other servers way.

Re: Landroval Invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by starvin625 View Post
    I have read through some of these threads listening to people claim this is a huge rp server and that is it main goal etc etc. If i have missed something from turbine,, ill take back what im about to say otherwise please amuse me and riddle me this.

When was it decided by another server what this one will become. There are numerous landy players saying they will "come" over to visit from time to time and that they want this to basically become a mini me of that server. People also claiming this server will not be big on raids and pvmp. Now if Turbine has stated that this is a rp server by all means, other wise i send this out lookin for other Raiding / PVMP players to team up with and play the game the crickhollow way, shaping how the actually players of this server want to play rather than some other servers way.
    This is not the only new server previous players were debating about.

Turbine announced the new servers and gave previous players all a "head start" and even encouraged them to grab names they want.

That said,..Turbine did not and hasn't ever made any server "officially" anything.
    Wanna RP? go for it,..
    wanna raid, PvMp? do it

No matter how hard any 'outside' influence from previous players or New..the server will evolve it's own way.

It will become whatever most people sway towards. People can push Rp or PvMp all day, but if the majority of the players decide to make raiding number 1, well guess what,...it's a Raid server.

personally none of this matters, things will sway to and fro.
    we can label all we want,.it is what you make it.

2 copper spent

If there's an invasion on, its more like the British Invasion by the Beatles than say, the Dee Day invasion. Just a few high profile folks coming on and trying to create a postive atmosphere and culture. If there was a native one we were suppressing, that might be a bad thing. But in the case of a blank slate, then the story becomes what we write in it. There's been no coercion here, because such coercion is impossible. You can't demand that people play a certain way or avoid a certain aspect of the game. You can only lead by example.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

In my experience playing on Crickhollow over the past few days, I have personally noticed a lot of RP. I have also seen a lot of RP kins advertising in the Crickhollow kinship forums. I would say _from my personal experience_ that Crickhollow is an RP-friendly server.

I have also rolled a creep on Crickhollow (as have some of my kinnies from BW). Once the population gets higher lever, I think there will be an interest in PvP.

Likewise with raiding. We are not a raiding server _yet_ because no one is high level.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Who are all these people and where are all these numerous claims you speak of?

There are some players, that used to play on Landroval, that decided to roll a fresh start and make Crickhollow their new home server.
    Some of those players are also role players. Those players want to make the role playing community on Crickhollow welcoming, vocal and active.
    Some of those players are not role players but do enjoy the atmosphere of a server steeped in a role playing community.

There are some players from Windfola, Brandywine, Firefoot, Gladden, Meneldor, Nimrodel, Silverlode, Vilya, and Arkenstone who also fit the above description.

There are some players from Landroval, Windfola, Brandywine, Firefoot, Gladden, Meneldor, Nimrodel, Silverlode, Vilya, and Arkenstone who enjoy raiding and PvMP that decided they wanted to roll fresh and make Crickhollow their new home server.

I have seen no mention, comment, post, typed thought anywhere among any of the discussions that have been started that say anything even close to the effect of "OMG YOU MUST RP OR DIE!!!" " You can only RP on Circkhollow or get out." .. or even "Crickhollow will be a RP server. The End."

Try not to go to extremes.
    I hope any players who decide to come to Crickhollow will enjoy the game how ever it is they want to. I know that's what I'll be doing: role playing, creating and starting role playing events, helping new players, and seeing game content I had to skip my first time round.

Also, to note: Turbine does not label servers anything as their stance is that every server is for roleplaying, every server is for raiding, every server is for casual PvE, and every server is for PvMP.

I really wish people would stop trying to seperate it out, as if you can only do one of those things in order to enjoy the game.
    I role play, I have a creep, and I love to raid. How 'bout that.
    Last edited by myskaal; Sep 13 2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: for speeling
    [color=#4CC552]~ Koteas[/color]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises![/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][/FONT]
    [color=#FF8040]Champion - Crickhollow[/color]

"Now if Turbine has stated that this is a rp server by all means, other wise i send this out lookin for other Raiding / PVMP players to team up with and play the game the crickhollow way, shaping how the actually players of this server want to play rather than some other servers way. "

This server's been up for, what, 15 minutes? I wasn't aware there was a "Crickhollow" way to play.

For me, there's only *my* way to play. If I encounter others who have similar notions about how to play, that's cool. If I encounter others who have different notions about how to play, that's cool too. I would never get up on a stump and rally people in an effort to retain some sort of control over the way others are enjoying their game.

That's not how server populations become cohesive, friendly communities.
    Last edited by bunglerm00se; Sep 13 2010 at 07:24 PM.

I have to agree with Koteas. There is no "set" server for anything. Crickhollow is becoming an RP friendly server and I can't give Landroval players the credit. I play two other games and quite a few members of those role playing communities were discussing coming to Crickhollow. I've already seen some of them around here.

The servers in LotRO are for all three - raiding, PVMP and RP. Some servers have more than others.

While I can understand where the OP is coming from I actually find these this topic of conversation far more annoying than any "invasion" talk. Some people from Landroval wanted a fresh start on a new server and they chose this to be the server they would do that on. If that's the path the server goes then so be it, but it's not written in stone and no one is keeping anyone else from partaking in other forms of play.

Now lets all have a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by myskaal View Post
    Who are all these people and where are all these numerous claims you speak of?
    So what should i make of with quite a few threads i have encountered on landy godmothers and the persona i get that when i read about people rp-ing on other servers (seems only ones i have seen are from Landroval, i admit though there are likely more from other servers) stating they are coming here for RP and give off that im a high lvl on this server so yah.

Quote Originally Posted by myskaal View Post
    There are some players, that used to play on Landroval, that decided to roll a fresh start and make Crickhollow their new home server.
    I admit, new players love help and the in game secrets and how-to's, but like stated, most have come here for a fresh start and new community, all i ask is that we keep it new and not try to influence people with vets alternative server toons. Im not saying you cant express the fact you might love to rp or that you might love to PvMP, that's great. I just dont want to see people try to influence with others with things like

"I have a 65 on Brandywine" or things of that nature.

Im running out of ways to say this, last attempt of a different saying.

Share your knowledge of the game to help others, please don't make yourself out to be the Shiznizzle (lol) because you have played and you are "popular" somewhere else. Make your own on Crickhollow, this is after all a new server, and leave your Landy/Brandy/Gladden etc etc where they lye.

Quote Originally Posted by starvin625 View Post
    So what should i make of with quite a few threads i have encountered on landy godmothers and the persona i get that when i read about people rp-ing on other servers (seems only ones i have seen are from Landroval, i admit though there are likely more from other servers) stating they are coming here for RP and give off that im a high lvl on this server so yah.
    Let's not beat around the bush. I think the OP is squarely targetting me and other Landy "do-gooders" who would like to help get the community going on Crickhollow. All I can say is that I'm good at organizing events and I wish only the best for this server. I haven't asked anyone to RP who doesn't want to, but I am trying to organize regular sessions for people to socialize and communicate as the server wakes up and gets its feet. You can see what I've done with Ales and Tales and numerous other events on Landroval.

You need to have thick skin in this position, as I get criticism from the Landroval side of things saying I'm abandoning the wonderful community there, and criticism on the Crickhollow side of things from people who would rather not be meddled with. All I can say is if you don't like it, don't come. If no one participates in these things, I'll take my energies elsewhere.

Right now I have two projects on Crickhollow: Second Breakfast and Elevensies. The first is a quick kin to allow people to get in a kin right away until more established kins start to form. I know how big a decision it is to join your first kin on a server, and often people feel stuck with a bad initial choice. The other is a short light RP event that happens twice a day call Elevensies. Its a cute little event that's easy for players of any level to participate in. No one forces you to come and enjoy yourself, but if you do, so much the better!

See? When you get right down to specifics instead of sweeping generalizations it doesn't seem so big, and hardly an invasion. Just a friend who wants to stay over a while and help get things started.

--Harper Cricket
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]