We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 170
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    I can't seem to get this to work at all and I probably am doing everything wrong. I'd appreciate a few tips from the more experienced.

    1) How do I move the effects window around? Tried to drag it but no way.
    2) How do I filter out those server-wide buffs? A quiet calm for example. I thought I could click on each of those I don't want to show up and select blacklist, but that doesn't work. It goes away, but when I click Accept, they show up again.
    3) Is it possible to track buffs I put on others? I am trying to set my LM up at the moment and thought it would be extremely useful to have a visual indicator of the antistun buff I put on someone.

    For now, what I want to achieve is (for now) only to see my own buffs. Then I can probably move further. I somehow managed to configure BuffBars on my rk to only show the stackable buff that makes me crit when it reaches level 5 on specific place on the screen, but I completely forgot how I did it
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    Id just like to know how to install this under windows 7...

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    Read the readme?... I don't want to sound like an ###, but how did you manage to install the game when you are unable to copy a few files or just one folder?

    edit:
    It's all right there dude.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-.html

    Almost at the very top of the description, "Installation Instructions"
    Last edited by The-Walrus; Jun 09 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    Thanks but the dl did not have a readme or other text file and these instructions dont tell me where to find the correct file under win 7. I get the impression they're for winxp. The only documents folder I find is under libraries/documents/lotro and I put it there but the game still wont load when doing /plugins Buffbars...

    To be precise it just keeps saying cannot load Buffbars when trying the chat text command /plugins load Buffbars...
    Last edited by pax256; Jun 09 2012 at 11:40 PM.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    Ugh. Just navigate to the Windows Documents folder. Under that, there IS another folder called The Lord of the Rings Online. AND under that, there is Plugins. You unpack the files right there.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Ugh. Just navigate to the Windows Documents folder. Under that, there IS another folder called The Lord of the Rings Online. AND under that, there is Plugins. You unpack the files right there.
    There is no other documents folder. Its not there under c:\windows or under any program files. Win 7 is different.

    Also under Librairies/documents/lotro there is no plugins folder. A search for documents only gives me the one under Libraries. Gotta love MS every new iteration of windows makes things harder to find and the GUI slower.

    EDIT: problem fixed... had to manually create the plugins folder... Might want to add that to the instructions for win7... Make sure its Plugins with a capital P...
    Last edited by pax256; Jun 10 2012 at 01:23 PM.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    I updated the plugin to version 2.0.4 which should resolve any issues people are having with the options not showing up.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a state of denial
    Posts
    941

    Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

    I'll have to check it when I get home, but I believe the actual direct location is c:\users\{user name}\My Documents\Lord of the Rinds Online\Plugins\
    The Documents "Library" should point here (like a shortcut) so you should be good.
    If this is the first time you have installed a plugin, I believe you will have to create the Plugins folder, as you said.

    For more info on plugins, you can look here, though this hasn't been updated in a while, so some things may have changed. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Lua-UI-plugins

  9. #134
    I am also having a problem loading this plugin on Windows 7. I found a plugins folder in the LoTRO file. I unzipped the file into there and I get he message "unable to load BuffBars". I tried unpacking it from the Pengros folder and restarting the game it was in and still got the same message. So what am I doing wrong? Within this plugins folder there is a folder with my account name and folder within that which has the sever name. Do I need to place the plugin into one of these folders instead?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001412db/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, but try and tell that to a Hobbit.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,060
    Just install LOTRO Plugin Compendium : http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

    It's a plugin installer that will download and install the plugins in the appropriate directories for you. It also has the added benefit of keeping your plugins up to date.

  11. #136
    Thank you very much. Worked like a charm. Also a great resource for other good plugins without having to search for them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001412db/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, but try and tell that to a Hobbit.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Posts
    11
    It seems the plugin doesn't remember the quickslots potions/skills after a reload or game restart. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround? Thank you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000129aba/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    What version of BuffBars are you using?

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Posts
    11
    2.0.4.

    Downloaded it a couple days ago.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000129aba/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955
    Any idea if I can use asterisk in the blacklist? Like if I want to blacklist all 3 captain brother skills at once, can I put "fellowship-*brother" in there?
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Any idea if I can use asterisk in the blacklist? Like if I want to blacklist all 3 captain brother skills at once, can I put "fellowship-*brother" in there?
    Full pattern matching isn't enabled currently(something I can look into). However you can just put brother in the search term and it will match any effect with brother in the name.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Palengil View Post
    2.0.4.

    Downloaded it a couple days ago.
    Make sure you are pressing the accept button at the very bottom of the options after setting the quick slots to save the options.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Posts
    11
    Aha thank you. I didn't know you need to set the potions from the options. I was trying to set them up when they show up during combat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000129aba/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    Tracking target debuffs isn't something the api supports currently.
    Hello there,

    Awesome plugin! Thankyou.

    Does this mean that wardens morale drains are not currently supported also? I ask as i can not seem to get morale drains to appear in any BuffBars list.

    Is there any planned date to include target defuffs?

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by GR33N View Post
    Does this mean that wardens morale drains are not currently supported also? I ask as i can not seem to get morale drains to appear in any BuffBars list.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by GR33N View Post
    Is there any planned date to include target defuffs?
    Turbine hasn't released any info on if or when they will include this into the lua apis.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    Correct.


    Turbine hasn't released any info on if or when they will include this into the lua apis.
    While technically you are correct in that Turbine has not released any info on this, it's already there. LocalPlayer:GetTarget() will return an actor object on which you can then use GetEffects (or any other method defined by the Actor class) to see the buffs/debuffs of your target, as well as setting event handlers for changes. The major limitation is that if you change targets for any reason, the actor object becomes invalid (so you need to add an event handler for the LocalPlayer.TargetChanged() event to get the new target). Although this is an undocumented change to the API, I'm a little surprised that no one has delved into this since I posted it a couple of months ago.

    One of the neat things, since GetTarget is defined for the Actor class, you can use
    myTarget=LocalPlayer:GetTarget ()
    if myTarget ~= nil then
    myTargetsTarget=myTarget:GetTa rget()
    if myTargetsTarget~=nil then
    myTargetsTargetsTarget=myTarge tsTarget:GetTarget()
    end
    end

    to see your target's target and their target, etc.
    For groups, a raid leader can even get a party member object and then get that party member's target to verify that everyone is properly selecting targets, etc. It has LOTS of potential.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 19 2012 at 03:50 PM.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    While technically you are correct in that Turbine has not released any info on this, it's already there. LocalPlayer:GetTarget() will return an actor object on which you can then use GetEffects (or any other method defined by the Actor class) to see the buffs/debuffs of your target, as well as setting event handlers for changes. The major limitation is that if you change targets for any reason, the actor object becomes invalid (so you need to add an event handler for the LocalPlayer.TargetChanged() event to get the new target). Although this is an undocumented change to the API, I'm a little surprised that no one has delved into this since I posted it a couple of months ago.

    One of the neat things, since GetTarget is defined for the Actor class, you can use
    myTarget=LocalPlayer:GetTarget ()
    if myTarget ~= nil then
    myTargetsTarget=myTarget:GetTa rget()
    if myTargetsTarget~=nil then
    myTargetsTargetsTarget=myTarge tsTarget:GetTarget()
    end
    end

    to see your target's target and their target, etc.
    For groups, a raid leader can even get a party member object and then get that party member's target to verify that everyone is properly selecting targets, etc. It has LOTS of potential.
    Yes I remember you posting about that a few months back. However like the party member apis these don't work any better with regards to tracking effects. EffectRemoved is never fired for mob or party member effects which makes tracking them extremely unreliable. Being unable to uniquely identify a target is also a problem. Couple these problems with the fact that you can't track anything but your current target makes it only mildy useful for tracking effects that may or may not be on your current target, all you really know is that the effect was on the target at some point in the past.

    The system could have lots of potential for BuffBars but in its current half implemented/buggy state it doesn't.
    Last edited by Pengoros; Nov 19 2012 at 07:14 PM.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    I updated BuffBars to version 2.0.5. This version adds support for RoR pots and the ability to control visibility of windows/quick slots/sliders based on mounted status. I also fixed some outstanding bugs related to morale/power fluctuations and target name matching.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    How do I make a clean uninstall and then install of Buffbars, without it loading previous configurations. I wanted to save my current configuration, so I copied the PengorosPlugins folder to /LoTRO(PengorosPluginsA) and then copied a newly downloaded PengorosPlugins to /Plugins and when I load it, it still has the old configurations. Are there any files outside of the PengoroPlugins folder that saves information that I should be deleting?

    I basically wanted to copy my config from bullroarer over to live, but didn't know what files are storing the information. Is it possible to copy/paste rather than reconfig all over again because, when I go from bullroarer to live, it saves the settings specific to those servers.
    Last edited by Tovarashh; Dec 06 2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    How do I make a clean uninstall and then install of Buffbars, without it loading previous configurations. I wanted to save my current configuration, so I copied the PengorosPlugins folder to /LoTRO(PengorosPluginsA) and then copied a newly downloaded PengorosPlugins to /Plugins and when I load it, it still has the old configurations. Are there any files outside of the PengoroPlugins folder that saves information that I should be deleting?

    I basically wanted to copy my config from bullroarer over to live, but didn't know what files are storing the information. Is it possible to copy/paste rather than reconfig all over again because, when I go from bullroarer to live, it saves the settings specific to those servers.
    I know for the production servers, the configuration settings unique to each character are in the ./PluginData folder.
    On my Win7 machine, it is here:
    Code:
    C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\[LOTRO Username]\[LOTRO server]\[Character name]\BuffBarsSettings.plugindata
    I do not know if the Bullroarer server would put them elsewhere.

    BTW: I really like BuffBar's "Custom" template functionality. I have separate, auto-hiding, bars for edhelharn tokens, food stuffs, battle & warding lore, Hunter travel ports, etc.

 

 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload