We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

Quote Originally Posted by Starrywisdom View Post
    Any more news on this front?
    Soon™ . I've been pretty busy lately but this is coming along nicely. It will probably be a week or two before it is ready.

This is my favorite plugin. There's only one problem I am having and it is with the quickslots.

If I run out of any pots (morale/power/wound/fear/disease/poison), I cannot put them back onto the same bar. I've tried dragging the pot to the bar and dragging it to the options panel where you would originally drag pots to have them show up in the quickslot. It won't take on either location. To get the pot back on the quickslot, I have to delete it and create a new one (quickslot). Is there something I'm missing? This is the only thing keeping me from taking these pots off of the regualr bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    I've got an update coming soon that will allow you to slot stun/root pots for those effects.
    Can't wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    This is my favorite plugin. There's only one problem I am having and it is with the quickslots.

If I run out of any pots (morale/power/wound/fear/disease/poison), I cannot put them back onto the same bar. I've tried dragging the pot to the bar and dragging it to the options panel where you would originally drag pots to have them show up in the quickslot. It won't take on either location. To get the pot back on the quickslot, I have to delete it and create a new one (quickslot). Is there something I'm missing? This is the only thing keeping me from taking these pots off of the regualr bars.

I JUST solved this problem, and it was very frustrating. I updated, unloaded other plugins, and nothing seemed to work, anyhow this is what I did to fix it, although I think it could be much simpler than what I did. I'll highlight the bit I think is key to it all.

Go to My Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online > Plugins
    Delete the Pengoros Plugins folder and the lotroplugin XML document.
    Go to My Documents > Lord of the Rings Online > PluginData > *YourUsername* > *YourServername* > *YourCharacterName*
    Delete BuffBarssettings.plugindata

Reinstall BuffBars to your plugin folder.
    Load!
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    Ya this is a bug in the plugin. I have a fix that will be in the next update.

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.2.0. This converts the fixed quickslot system to a more flexible trigger based system. Triggers can be defined to show based on a wide variety of conditions. For example you can show a quickslot when you get any effect with 'rooted' in the name. Or you can show a quickslot when you don't have a 'motivated' buff.

• Converted all quickslot options to the more flexible trigger system
    • Fixed a problem with not being able to reslot an item in a quickslot if the stack went to 0
    • Fixed the "attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?'" bug

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.2.0. This converts the fixed quickslot system to a more flexible trigger based system. Triggers can be defined to show based on a wide variety of conditions. For example you can show a quickslot when you get any effect with 'rooted' in the name. Or you can show a quickslot when you don't have a 'motivated' buff.

• Converted all quickslot options to the more flexible trigger system
    • Fixed a problem with not being able to reslot an item in a quickslot if the stack went to 0
    • Fixed the "attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?'" bug
    Thanks for the update, looks good.

I dled the new update for buffbars, but ever since update 3 has come out (actually it was a day or two after) Buffbars won't work on my warden. Still works great on my hunt and my RK, just not on my warden. I'll try to copy and paste the error message:

...gs Online/PluginData/Cwo109/Nimrodel/Atraeyu/BuffBarsSettings.plugindata:1: '=' expected
    ...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlug ins\BuffBars\Settings.lua:67: Unable to parse file!

NO idea what that means, lol...thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cwo109 View Post
    I dled the new update for buffbars, but ever since update 3 has come out (actually it was a day or two after) Buffbars won't work on my warden. Still works great on my hunt and my RK, just not on my warden. I'll try to copy and paste the error message:

...gs Online/PluginData/Cwo109/Nimrodel/Atraeyu/BuffBarsSettings.plugindata:1: '=' expected
    ...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlug ins\BuffBars\Settings.lua:67: Unable to parse file!

NO idea what that means, lol...thanks for any help!
    It means that your saved settings file has been corrupted somehow. Deleting the BuffBarsSettings.plugindata file will fix it. Unfortunately it will also delete all the settings for that character

hi - I am hoping someone who reads these forums can help me because I feel like this is something very simple that I am missing.... (I am NOT a computer person so appreciate having things spelled out for me... which is not found on the download page - or even the FAQ page <which must have been written by a computer person who assumes the reader knows more than they actually do>)

I have tried to get this to work for a couple of hours... I have palantir, songbook and tonicbars - so I can do this. what I do is download per instructions - I have tried loading it in game with the zipped file in the plugin folder on my computer, just the buffbars folder in the plugin folder, the PengorosPlugins folder in the plugin folder, and a combination of the three - none have let me load buffbars in the game using the /plugins load buffbars

I would be extremely grateful if someone could give me the correct path I should have so this will work...
    ie - >Documents>My Documents>The Lord of the Rings Online>Plugins..... or whatever it should look like (I am hoping this advice will work for a couple other LUAs I am anxious to try - I really love these things so it's real frustrating to know it is just something my peabrain is missing

Quote Originally Posted by SaltandPepper View Post
    I would be extremely grateful if someone could give me the correct path I should have so this will work...
    ie - >Documents>My Documents>The Lord of the Rings Online>Plugins..... or whatever it should look like (I am hoping this advice will work for a couple other LUAs I am anxious to try - I really love these things so it's real frustrating to know it is just something my peabrain is missing
    The Structure should look something like this.
    Code:
    My Documents(or Documents depending on the windows version)
      - The Lord of the Rings Online
        - Plugins
          - PengorosPlugins
            - BuffBars
            - UI
            - Utils
    Basically extract the PengorosPlugins folder from the zip file you downloaded to your LOTRO/Plugins folder and you should be good to go.

that worked (along with finally getting into the game tonight - lol) - many thanks for all your work!

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.2.1. The only change is to disable code dealing with the inventory to work around the lua bug causing client crashes.

As soon as the lua docs are updated with the party info stuff I'll be releasing a better update.

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.2.1. The only change is to disable code dealing with the inventory to work around the lua bug causing client crashes.

As soon as the lua docs are updated with the party info stuff I'll be releasing a better update.
    Thanks very much! My Capt feels lost without his buffbars....

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.2.2. The only changes are to enable cooldown functionality again and to add the new RoI pots to the list of monitored items.

I experience some problems with BB after update5.

The icons which usually appear for a certain situation dont pop up as usual. Only if I manually open buffbars (/buffbars options) and then close/accept/save again (without changing anything) the plugin works as usual for the rest of the gaming session.

This issue is with the German version and is confirmed by all other players I asked to check for (4 so far).

Maybe there is a problem with the plugin manager not loading the settings correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohegar View Post
    I experience some problems with BB after update5.

The icons which usually appear for a certain situation dont pop up as usual. Only if I manually open buffbars (/buffbars options) and then close/accept/save again (without changing anything) the plugin works as usual for the rest of the gaming session.

This issue is with the German version and is confirmed by all other players I asked to check for (4 so far).

Maybe there is a problem with the plugin manager not loading the settings correctly?
    Are you loading BuffBars with the new in game plugin manager?

AW: [Plugin] BuffBars

First off, one the best addons to day, the next best one would be an Auctioneer type plugin!

When my Morale and or Power falls below the set percentage i.e 35% the potions do not show up for click. I set it last night again and it worked as I tired the threshold at 100% but then next day the bar for the potions when the morale falls below the threshold is not showing again.

Can someone please help me get this figured out.

I am playing on english servers if that helps and I downloaded the plugin @ http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html

Meayen

Re: AW: [Plugin] BuffBars

Quote Originally Posted by Meayen View Post
    When my Morale and or Power falls below the set percentage i.e 35% the potions do not show up for click. I set it last night again and it worked as I tired the threshold at 100% but then next day the bar for the potions when the morale falls below the threshold is not showing again.
    I had this exact problem. I was using the new in-game manager to load my plugins. I disabled the in-game plugin manager and reverted to loading the plugin through a manager plugin I used previously and the problem with Buffbars was fixed.

This may work for you as well.
    I'm on [url=http://www.xfire.com/profile/bifftheelder/]Xfire[/url], [url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/caerfinon]Steam[/url] and [url=http://raptr.com/Caerfinon]Raptr[/url]
    Kin: [url=http://silverkeep.org]Silverkeep[/url] on Vilya

Re : Re: AW: [Plugin] BuffBars

Quote Originally Posted by Caerfinon View Post
    I had this exact problem. I was using the new in-game manager to load my plugins. I disabled the in-game plugin manager and reverted to loading the plugin through a manager plugin I used previously and the problem with Buffbars was fixed.

This may work for you as well.
    Thank you, I will give that a shot. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it with classes and everything else going on right now. Perhaps someone will get around to figuring out what causes this problem when loading with the new in game loader, which I like a lot more the /manager .

In any case thank you for the tip.

Meayen

Re: Re : Re: AW: [Plugin] BuffBars

Quote Originally Posted by Meayen View Post
    Thank you, I will give that a shot. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it with classes and everything else going on right now. Perhaps someone will get around to figuring out what causes this problem when loading with the new in game loader, which I like a lot more the /manager .

In any case thank you for the tip.

Meayen
    Yes there is a bug with the new in game manager and shortcuts coming from the backpack. The only way to get around this currently is to load buffbars manually or via another manager after your character loads. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.

One of the most useful plugins around. Recommended.
    +rep
    [B]Azshakh[/B], R12 Warleader
    [B]Memento Mori[/B], Laurelin
    [i]Glob-hai! Azshakh thrakatul azurz grush, skai![/i]
    Fool-folk! Azshakh bring them killing blow, gah!

Here's a few tips for users for when one has multiple levels of potions or cures for the same condition (or morale or power).

Issue(s):
    Having trouble using up the new player gift box potions and cures?
    Do you have morale or power potions of different strengths and frustrated that BuffBars' quickslots can only hold one type?
    Irritated that after using up all of one item from inventory, you need to edit the Quickslot to select a replacement item from your inventory? (a bit inconvenient in the middle of a battle.)
    Want BuffBars to manage all applicable consumables or skills without having to redo it every time you run out of a stack?

Tip:
    Make separate Quickslots for Morale and Power.

Steps:
    Under the Quickslots settings, delete the Morale and Power slots from the default.

Make a new Quickslot, name it something useful, like "Morale".
    Delete any auto-generated slots that are not for morale.
    For the morale slot, set a relatively high percentage of morale as the trigger and add your lowest quality morale potion.
    Add additional slots to the Morale quickslot; using progressively lower percentages of morale as the trigger criteria and your better quality potions as the responses. They will all be named "Morale" because that is their template. I haven't seen a way to change the slot names but it'd be nice if I could name them differently, like "Morale-70%".
    In combat, as your morale decreases, each potion will appear at the set percentage. You'll want to use the lowest quality potion early so the cooldown timer expires in time for you to use the higher quality potions before you...erm..."expire".

Follow similar steps for a Power quickslot and whatever power potions you have.

Now you can be a bit more relaxed about when you re-edit the BuffBar quickslots because if you run out of a lower quality potion, the higher quality ones will still popup.

For player gift box out-of-combat cures, I simply copied the default Quickslot and named the new quickslot "OOC-Cures", set it to appear only out of combat, and selected the same universal cure item for each of the four conditions.

For characters with applicable skills, like hunters with their cure poison skill, I add a new slot to the default Quickslots using the Poisoned settings and add the skill instead of a potion. That way, when the hunter is poisoned, I can either use a potion or the skill because both will popup when the condition occurs.

Important point:
    Be sure to CTRL-\ and move the new quickslots from on top of each other so they don't hide each other when triggered.

Finally, in my opinion, BuffBars is the way to go when using Palantir (and KragenBars). Just set Palantir to only show indicators (not its buffbar) and move the BuffBar-Quickslot to where Palantir's buffbar would show up. Personally, I move my BuffBar Morale and Power quickslots to overlay Palantir's HUD display for these vitals so they popup where I'm also watching Palantir.

Edit note for Lotro Plugin Manager's inventory bug:
    I do not Lotro's plugin manager for anything because BuffBars and other inventory related plugins will not have their items if loaded using Lotro's manager.
    I use the plugin "Bootstrap", launched using a simple alias once my character is logged on. On launch, Bootstrap auto-loads the plugins I want without that inventory problem.
    Bootstrap also has a nifty mouse-clickable plugin commands capability. So, to edit BuffBars, I click on the Bootstrap icon, then click the BuffBars menu item which runs the "/buffbars options" command for me...no need to type in the chat window.
    Last edited by DaveDickey; Feb 14 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added note

Hey, I have troubles loading this Plug-In, the following error always appears.

...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlug ins\BuffBars\Settings.lua:58: table index is nil

It doesn't matter if I load it with Manager or manual. I'm using the English client. I already tried to download it again and played around with the Settings.lua, but nothing changed.
    Do you have an idea what might be the issue?

Regards.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2721800000010de28/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: AW: [Plugin] BuffBars

Quote Originally Posted by Marlias View Post
    Hey, I have troubles loading this Plug-In, the following error always appears.

...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlug ins\BuffBars\Settings.lua:58: table index is nil

It doesn't matter if I load it with Manager or manual. I'm using the English client. I already tried to download it again and played around with the Settings.lua, but nothing changed.
    Do you have an idea what might be the issue?

Regards.
    Hmm.. it's possible that you are either missing or have the wrong version of the Turbine Support Libraries.

Download these:
    http://content.turbine.com/sites/lot..._LuaPlugins.7z (Right click, save link as)

And put them in your plugins directory.

Thanks for your reply, but that wasn't the issue. Any other ideas?

Edit: I got it, I just deleted my .plugindata file for my chars. Thx anyway.
    Last edited by Marlias; Mar 19 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2721800000010de28/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast