We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: [Plugin] BuffBars

I updated to the latest version on lotrointerface.com. When I do /buffbars setup, the setup window doesn't appear.

Hiya Pengoros... still loving BuffBars!

One minor issue you might want to look into if you're bored... with the Warden we get this Forced March buff we can turn on (has an actual buff for it). Whenever we do it takes us to 80% of our Max Power... it actually changes our max power to 80% of our max power... if you get what I mean.

At any rate, this always pops the power potion onto my screen since I have it set to show at 50%.

If you were really bored, you could detect the buff "Forced March" and recompute max power, then the same when it goes away. I'm making the assumption you do this type of thing already since there are buffs in the game which can increase the max power pool... so if you didn't that would kind of get screwed up.

At any rate, the bug is kinda nice in an odd way since it reminds me I have Forced March turned on. /grin

Frellco
    [center][url=http://www.thirstytravelersinn.com/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000003ba01/signature.png]Frello[/charsig][/url][/center]

I updated to the latest version on lotrointerface.com and am still getting the error that ends with (a table value).

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    I updated to the latest version on lotrointerface.com and am still getting the error that ends with (a table value).
    Since, I think, most of us are not having issues, I would suggest removing your plugin data for BuffBars.

My Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\ACCOUNT\SERV ER\CHARACTER\BuffBarsSettings. plugindata

You'll have to re-do your options, but it might solve the problem. To just test this, exit lotro, rename the above file, start lotro. If it didn't work, then this is not the problem.

The other possibility is you have not installed the new one in the correct location. When you gain access to the game, BuffBars should tell you the version installed and that should match what you downloaded from LI.

Frell
    [center][url=http://www.thirstytravelersinn.com/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000003ba01/signature.png]Frello[/charsig][/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    I edited the Buffbars plugin to include a suggest code forking. You can check it out in the Compilation Set....TBPO Plugins Set on LotroInterface. Just download it and copy over the Buffbars plugin part.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbishop View Post
    I edited the Buffbars plugin to include a suggest code forking. You can check it out in the Compilation Set....TBPO Plugins Set on LotroInterface. Just download it and copy over the Buffbars plugin part.
    The 1.1.4 version works on live without any changes. If players are getting the table value error they aren't using version 1.1.4.

Edit: I added some text next to the version in this thread and on lotrointerface to hopefully make it clearer that the 1.1.4 version does work with the update.
    Last edited by Pengoros; Dec 01 2010 at 02:10 PM.

It doesn't look like it works with the new update (later 30th/1st): http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...amples-updated!

I just downloaded your version a few minutes ago and tried it, and I'm getting a couple errors about some codes in the chat. Basically all my other plugins that were not updated after the later 30th were broken, too. D.1cks has a thread about it somewhere around here...

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

There are issues with the november changes related to events and singletons that are preventing plugins from operating correctly. There is a thread about the issue here. Until this gets resolved and plugin authors update their code the plugin that is loaded last should function correctly.

Is there a means of setting up the plugin to only show explicit debuffs when they are active, rather than implicitly (manually ignoring everything that isn't in the list of debuffs you're looking for)? I tried experimenting with ignoring all effects and the 'always show' options, but that didn't seem to cut it.
    Lycius [size=1][color="gray"][ELF HNT][/color][/size] / Dannav [size=1][color="gray"][MAN WDN][/color][/size] / Pius [size=1][color="gray"][HOB BUR][/color][/size]
    [i][color="gray"]Landroval[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Lycius View Post
    Is there a means of setting up the plugin to only show explicit debuffs when they are active, rather than implicitly (manually ignoring everything that isn't in the list of debuffs you're looking for)? I tried experimenting with ignoring all effects and the 'always show' options, but that didn't seem to cut it.
    It is technically possible to do this with the current version of the plugin unfortunately the UI isn't setup so you can . I have actually setup a couple of these where I turn of every filter and then have a set list of 'always shown' items. It did involve manually editing the BuffBarsSettings.plugindata file which isn't recommended unless you know what you are doing due to the finicky nature of the file structure. One comma out of place and the whole thing doesn't load. Revamping the show/ignore part of the ui is on my list of stuff I want to add in the near future.
    Last edited by Pengoros; Dec 02 2010 at 04:47 PM.

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.1.5. This should resolve any outstanding issues with the november update. Check out the first post for full instructions especially the part in red .

• Added a french translation
    • Added a german translation
    • Fixed compatibility problems with the new turbine plugin folders
    • Fixed event listeners clobbering other plugin listeners

I updated the plugin to 1.1.6 to fix a minor problem with the new quickslot class.

Buffbars and Tonic arent working nicely for me. Buffbars work fine alone but when i use tonic, buffbars doesnt update any buff on any of the buff bars. I reload UI and it works for a couple mins then just stops updating but the old buff stay on the bars. Thanks.
    Last edited by Wickedchick; Dec 07 2010 at 07:12 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000169aa/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedchick View Post
    Buffbars and Tonic arent working nicely for me. Buffbars work fine alone but when i use tonic, buffbars doesnt update any buff on any of the buff bars. I reload UI and it works for a couple mins then just stops updating but the old buff stay on the bars. Thanks.
    There is an issue with the current lua plugin system and local player events detailed here. That being said I've coded the latest version of BuffBars(1.1.6) to not clobber any existing plugin event handlers. You need to load tonic and then buffbars for them both to work properly. I'm guessing in your current setup buffbars gets loaded first.

thanks going to try that now
    Fixed, thanks so much for such a fast reply.
    Last edited by Wickedchick; Dec 07 2010 at 07:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000169aa/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I've updated BuffBars to version 1.1.7.

• Fixed a problem with french and german translations and the EU patch update
    • Fixed a problem with slider items not showing the context menu on a right click
    • Fixed a problem with the timer not showing on the slider items

I cant seem to get this to work as of today. it says unable to load "BuffBars" when in game. installed it as per instructions and Im not runnin any other mods. any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ommadon View Post
    I cant seem to get this to work as of today. it says unable to load "BuffBars" when in game. installed it as per instructions and Im not runnin any other mods. any help would be appreciated.
    Make sure it is the "PengorosPlugins" folder that ends up in your "Plugins" folder.

It took me a little bit to figure this out, being new to LUA and all.

###

I just started using buffbars and love it. Great plugin! Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrank View Post
    2)Skill cooldowns
    --Claming Verse has a 1m cooldown and unless you trait for it a 30s duration, I would like to know when my skill is back you besides staring at its icon
    This. I'd love this very much please.

It would be especially awesome if we could put skill cooldowns on an "effect slider". That way one would have a very nice overview of when is which skill coming out of CD. Almost as awesome as guitar hero or something!
    Last edited by Truga; Dec 30 2010 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    This. I'd love this very much please.

It would be especially awesome if we could put skill cooldowns on an "effect slider". That way one would have a very nice overview of when is which skill coming out of CD. Almost as awesome as guitar hero or something!
    /signed.

Would love to see skill cooldowns.

And since you can choose to ignore certain effects, you could just turn off the skill CDs you don't want.

I've been using buffbars for a week or two on my Warden. I think I'd be lost without it at this point for shield hots, b/p/e buffs, etc. Buffbars is just that awesome. Skills CDs would make it even more awesome.

Seriously, great work on this LUA plugin.

Lua doesn't have access to skill cooldowns yet but once we do it should be easy enough to add.

Howdy. I love your plugin!

Was wondering though if it would be possible to add stuns and roots to the potable effects menu and add two quick slots for stun and root pots for PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylos View Post
    Howdy. I love your plugin!

Was wondering though if it would be possible to add stuns and roots to the potable effects menu and add two quick slots for stun and root pots for PvMP.
    I've got an update coming soon that will allow you to slot stun/root pots for those effects.

I'm obsessed with BuffBars. I love it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    I've got an update coming soon that will allow you to slot stun/root pots for those effects.
    This is fantastic news!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    Any more news on this front?
    I'm an expert - look at my join date, bro.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast