We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 316
  1. #151

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    So you want to turn a GAME into actual work and stress... congratulations.
    Learn to code and make these apps yourself, that ever occur to you?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000760fd/01005/signature.png]Aevric[/charsig]

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolia
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    I disagree with the use of the word 'need' but your conclusions are more or less correct.

    The single largest problem LOTRO suffers from is mediocore players. Not all of this is the players fault. There is a significant lack of information amongst the players and how they interact with the world. Things like meters and diagnostic tools would help considerably with this.

    If you don't think this is the case, just compare kin and PUG runs. Do people in kinships possess such superior coordination, are more skilled at pressing buttons than PUGs? There is a coordination difference, but if everyone knows their class, much content should be easily doable. But it's not. I can't tell you how many bad PUGs I've been in since F2P launch. I explained the entire strategy to them, they all understood, but they still managed to fail miserably.

    Enough is enough.

    If Turbine will not make a concerted effort to improve their own players, then we, the community, need to do it ourselves. Being all positive and saying 'it's ok, it's just a game' will only lead to the mediocrity and frustration of PUGs.

    Let's make PUGs fun again. Bring on the tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Superiority complex? No, I don't have one.

    The problem that this community has - including you - is that every word I say (on these subjects) are immediately coloured with elitism. This is the furthest thing from what I'm saying.

    Anyone who PUGs knows there is a major skill problem with these players. The main reason, I think, is because Turbine allows you to solo 1 through 65, and the lack of information available to the players. I do not hate on these individuals, but they stink. They throw themselves against content again and again, and wipe endlessly.

    I want to help them!

    I do not want meters so I can go in a pug and say "you all suck, look at my DPS compared to yours." I want them so players can say "oh I tried this, and it's only netting X DPS when a fellow DPSer is netting Y." Then I want them to change their rotation and say "look, that's an increase, so now I'm comparable to the other guy."

    Teaching tools.

    I PUG and so I'm concerned with the community's skill level. I want people who suck to unsuck so the game can progress forward.

    But no, go ahead, call it elitism and I have a superiority complex. It's so much easier than addressing a real problem the game has.

    dps meters will only help those who want to boot players who arent good enough from raids, they wont do a thing to show those players what they are doing wrong. if you really want to help them, talk to them, give them some tips. if they chose to ignore your advice, dps meters arent goingto give them a sudden revelation and they arent worth the time.

    stop acting like dps meters are the only way to help someone, pull your head out of your ***, and go help them, rather than bitching about it on the forums

    Skorp, lvl 100 HNT - Tailor | Skorpling, lvl 61 BRN - Cook
    Ambein, lvl 68 Human LRM - Scholar | Skorpedo, lvl 52 WDN - Woodworker | Lengram, lvl 49 RNK - Jeweller
    Eruchin - Formerly of Nimrodel Server | Current Arkenstoner

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintBass View Post
    Basically CStats but with LUA support that gives you an in-game display and can more accurately judge the beginning and end of combat? I do believe that Asperity is already at work on expanding CStats in such a way. I personally look forward to it since CStats provides excellent information and still wouldn't be the group-wide meter that some treat as the holy grail of gaming.

    Other than that... I think that it is time for Tacos again.

    And you can have it read the DPS to you through voice chat!

    What about:





    Can a taco beat that for calories per second?!?!
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the van... with candy.
    Posts
    4,036

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    And you can have it read the DPS to you through voice chat!

    What about:





    Can a taco beat that for calories per second?!?!
    I can never hear voice chat over the sound of how awesome I am.





    Grats on your engagement BTW.
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintBass View Post
    Grats on your engagement BTW.
    Thanks, bro.

    Two hobbit hunters, in love! Awwwww.





    --
    @ topic: love and cstats - it can happen! she outparses my burg on shard droppers!
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion352 View Post
    dps meters will only help those who want to boot players who arent good enough from raids, they wont do a thing to show those players what they are doing wrong. if you really want to help them, talk to them, give them some tips. if they chose to ignore your advice, dps meters arent goingto give them a sudden revelation and they arent worth the time.

    stop acting like dps meters are the only way to help someone, pull your head out of your ***, and go help them, rather than bitching about it on the forums
    You really need to do some research before you post.

    I'm one of the more helpful players on E.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    thanks to the moderators that moved this post to a obscure forum section, nice.
    Has anyone that says "ive played wow before and after meters and ive seen the damage" ever thought about the fact that wow has 11 million people and before meters the population was much, much less. also with 11 million people the ones that talk the most are the elite epeen guys, most of the community isnt like that, just the ones that like to patrol the forums constantly and the ones that spam in tradechat most of the time. there are some very good people in wow, meters didnt make bad community, the brats with itchy typing fingers did when the population rose.

  8. #158

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion352 View Post
    dps meters will only help those who want to boot players who arent good enough from raids, they wont do a thing to show those players what they are doing wrong. if you really want to help them, talk to them, give them some tips. if they chose to ignore your advice, dps meters arent goingto give them a sudden revelation and they arent worth the time.

    stop acting like dps meters are the only way to help someone, pull your head out of your ***, and go help them, rather than bitching about it on the forums
    Generalizing has never helped any argument (see what I did there?).

    Here's the deal though. If a raid leader is the type of player where competitiveness and winning is more fun than just raiding with a group of people for the fun of it, they don't need a DPS Meter to kick those who just want to "experience" a raid and "hope" they win. This is a game of numbers - and there are more than enough numbers in this game to judge someone if that's their intent. However, in order for this to be a problem, the environment has to exist where the majority of players not only raid, but do so competitively. Neither of these exist in this game, and as whether there will ever be such a focus depends mostly on whether Turbine wants to create that type of atmosphere. A DPS meter only turns an MMO into a competitive raiding game as much as a liquor store turns a town into alcoholics.

    DPS meters can help a player that has the other parts of their game down. It can be used to improve yourself by tweaking with your rotation to perform better. While DPS is certainly not everything, it is a significant part of the game - and as such, those classes that are in a role of doing damage, and are interested in their performance, would benefit greatly from the information such numbers provide.

    Just like racers tend to use a dynometer to tweak their horsepower, those who competitively game - or care about their own performance, use a dps meter. In both cases neither meter tells the whole story, as in both cases there are variables to keep in mind - but yet, again in both cases they are useful tools to help you get the best performance you can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasscannon View Post
    thanks to the moderators that moved this post to a obscure forum section, nice.
    Has anyone that says "ive played wow before and after meters and ive seen the damage" ever thought about the fact that wow has 11 million people and before meters the population was much, much less. also with 11 million people the ones that talk the most are the elite epeen guys, most of the community isnt like that, just the ones that like to patrol the forums constantly and the ones that spam in tradechat most of the time. there are some very good people in wow, meters didnt make bad community, the brats with itchy typing fingers did when the population rose.
    Aw come on, I happen to like this forum. Besides, if a meter/diagnostic addon would be coming - guess who it would be coming from? If you answered: The people in this thread, then you would be correct.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    883

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    DPS meters can help a player that has the other parts of their game down. It can be used to improve yourself by tweaking with your rotation to perform better. While DPS is certainly not everything, it is a significant part of the game - and as such, those classes that are in a role of doing damage, and are interested in their performance, would benefit greatly from the information such numbers provide.
    A personal meter can do that. You don't need a group meter to work on your rotation.

  10. #160

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction!

    See Digital_Utopia you seem to try to make everything Nice and Sweet. But like your alcoholics and store View. There are other factors in that. Drinking Wine once in a while is fine. But drunks are not.

    Let me Point your Alcoholics View a differnt way. From Al-Anon and MADD. It is estimated that each alcoholic affects the lives of at least four other people... alcoholism is truly a family disease. No matter what relationship you have with an alcoholic, whether they are still drinking or not.

    We can take Wow and How the Meters and such. Where it can help one or two people. But the people who abuse it like Alcholic abuse drinking. It will Affect Other people lives there Game play becuse one person abuse a meters.


    I think alot of people dont want a Group meter becuse it like that age when your growing up and having a Mother Holding your hand and you feel your not a baby anymore Or a Boss watching Every Move you do vs a Trustworthy Boss.
    Last edited by Celt_Ainvar; Sep 13 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000266693/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][U][COLOR=#0000be]
    [/COLOR][/U]

  11. #161

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
    A personal meter can do that. You don't need a group meter to work on your rotation.
    I never said anything about a group meter, my opinions on the matter are mostly for personal meters, and if group meters did exist, I would expect them to come with privacy settings - similar to how the /anon will hide your character stats.

    If it's the mutual desire of the group to use group meters, then there's nothing wrong with that - but the call should come down to the individual players. If the group doesn't like someone not using it - then the same response is in order as for groups that require someone to turn off /anon.

    From my point of view, I like as much information as currently available, to be displayed in an easy to view manner. If it comes to the point where I'm somehow judged by DPS, or whether I choose to display a meter or not (I would), then it would tell me one of two things. Either a) I have room for improvement if I want to be included in that particular group or b) the leader is an idiot and I probably wouldn't want to be in the group in the first place. That of course would come down to not just DPS, but by knowledge and execution of playing the complete class - while increasing my DPS to the point that it doesn't sacrifice my other duties/responsibilities.

    While I'm not so naive to think that such people wouldn't exist in this game - the lack of focus on end game in the first place, let alone the largely casual makeup of the player base, almost assures that DPS meter or not, that this would be the exception instead of the rule. Now if Turbine starts releasing 2-3 24 man raids every expansion, with gear that significantly outshines the best crafted - then perhaps that would draw in some of WoW's (and other games) hard core raiders - resulting in an increase of such behavior. But as long as the overwhelming focus of this game is on standard PVE/Story, with raiding and PvP as extreme afterthoughts, I really don't see this as something that will come to pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celt_Ainvar View Post
    Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction!

    See Digital_Utopia you seem to try to make everything Nice and Sweet. But like your alcoholics and store View. There are other factors in that. Drinking Wine once in a while is fine. But drunks are not.

    Let me Point your Alcoholics View a differnt way. From Al-Anon and MADD. It is estimated that each alcoholic affects the lives of at least four other people... alcoholism is truly a family disease. No matter what relationship you have with an alcoholic, whether they are still drinking or not.

    We can take Wow and How the Meters and such. Where it can help one or two people. But the people who abuse it like Alcholic abuse drinking. It will Affect Other people lives there Game play becuse one person abuse a meters.


    I think alot of people dont want a Group meter becuse it like that age when your growing up and having a Mother Holding your hand and you feel your not a baby anymore Or a Boss watching Every Move you do vs a Trustworthy Boss.
    For the sake of the comparison - an alcoholic effects people in far more extreme ways than can ever be done in a game. Obviously the physical/death side of things wouldn't exist in a game, and of course love is a pretty significant part of that equation that really doesn't apply in a game. Not saying that such relationships don't exist or begin in game - but one person trash talking the other because of dps numbers is not likely to be an issue in that case.

    All that essentially remains is the same popular/not popular dynamic from our school days. When someone is excluded from a group they want to be in - there's generally three reactions:

    1) Come to realize that you really don't want to be in the group if that's what they're into

    2) Work at becoming better so you are accepted into that group

    3) Cry about it and/or take it personally.

    Unfortunately it seems that a lot of the people against such meters seem to only realize the third reaction. They feel they are somehow special, and that everybody should include them because well, they want to be included. When it doesn't happen, it's as if those evil people just stepped on their very soul. Unfortunately reality doesn't really work that way. Sometimes it's not a matter of whether you're included or not - but that sometimes based on your personal interests and play style, that you would enjoy yourself more if you elected not be in that group. Sometimes it's a matter of personal accountability and a realistic view of your own abilities. It reminds me of the complaints regarding "Death from Below" that Mirkwood quests with the goblins under Thangulhad. There were some that were bragging about it, others that were looking for tips/strategies (so they could become better), and still others who were furious at Turbine because they dared to make a challenging quest that couldn't simply be strolled through. It's this last attitude that tends to show itself with DPS meters - it's not an acceptance that people want to assemble such a crack group, it's not a matter of whether or not the group is even worth it. They want to join, and by excluding them, you may as well kicked a puppy.

    So I'm going to reiterate.

    If you are a casual player who puts general fun over the idea of competition and "working" for the best performance you can get from your character - then you're not going to fit in with a group that focuses on competition and performance

    If you are a good player who does take the time to focus on perfecting their skills/rotation - and get booted from a group/raid because you don't feel like using a DPS meter, or aren't putting out what the leader thinks you should be - then the group isn't worth joining in the first place, as there be idiots here.

    Inclusion for the sake of inclusion is just as unfair as exclusion for the sake of exclusion. People with different interests should have the right to prefer people with common interests over those that do not. People who want to exclude for the sake of exclusion are going to do so regardless, and it's likely that if they feel DPS is more important than anything else, they probably don't have the best grasp on the game.

    So as long as this isn't a hardcore raiding game, and the vast majority of the players of this game are casual, a DPS meter isn't going to make it impossible to get a group. I can see the argument if this were such a game - or if there was any indication from Turbine that they planned to attract that demographic, but then again you still wouldn't be able to find a group, because said raiders would already be using tools like CStats and anything and everything else at their disposal to get only the best players.
    Last edited by Digital_Utopia; Sep 13 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    883

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    While I'm not so naive to think that such people wouldn't exist in this game - the lack of focus on end game in the first place, let alone the largely casual makeup of the player base, almost assures that DPS meter or not, that this would be the exception instead of the rule. Now if Turbine starts releasing 2-3 24 man raids every expansion, with gear that significantly outshines the best crafted - then perhaps that would draw in some of WoW's (and other games) hard core raiders - resulting in an increase of such behavior. But as long as the overwhelming focus of this game is on standard PVE/Story, with raiding and PvP as extreme afterthoughts, I really don't see this as something that will come to pass.
    Have you read this thread, and the other threads on this subject lately? There are numerous people statiing clearly they want meters to weed out the "fails" ... to "embarrass" people into improving .. or determine who to kick. Based on these threads alone, I do not think it will be rare at all. People are people. Human nature is what it is. If group meters are implemented, there will be a lot of abuse as the proponents have shown by their own words.

    That said, I can live with personal meters, or even a non-supported .exe meter (since most people would not take the chance to download or require it).
    Last edited by Bradd; Sep 13 2010 at 09:11 PM.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Amherst MA
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    I take issue with this statement. Youa re misremembering.

    People did not log into AC after patch day, not because Decal was down, but because there was a tendency for rollbacks.
    No Magian, I am not misremembering a damn thing. Yes, some people did not log in on patch day for the reason you give. However, Turbine usually did not have as many problems with patch day as you claim. I rarely ever had problems on patch day. The majority of people who did not log in were people who were reliant on Buff Bots or were very reliant on their decal plugins. I did not have problems with decal on those days when it was broken due to the latest update to the client. This is because even when I used Decal I was not reliant on it.
    Arthad Eketta Former Drill Sgt U.S. Army Reserves
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Officer of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

  14. #164

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
    Have you read this thread, and the other threads on this subject lately? There are numerous people statiing clearly they want meters to weed out the "fails" ... to "embarrass" people into improving .. or determine who to kick. Based on these threads alone, I do not think it will be rare at all. People are people. Human nature is what it is. If group meters are implemented, there will be a lot of abuse as the proponents have shown by their own words.
    I have to Agree with you Bradd. To see immature some people can be and what age group they act like.

    I think it will Bring in the lotro verson of online Bullies. Alot of people will not get involved becuse if they do they would also Get kicked. I dont think people want to be in a Middle of someone that might need a little help in game vs a game Bully that abuse a Meter and kick people. Or someone going haha I did more dps vs someone else and make comments like We should kick him becuse he not Holding his own. Do we need something that can shame someone for someone else Feel good Moment?

    You know the people who want the meters can go I try to point fear to prove a Point No i am not. What I am trying to do is Point things that need to be Addressed before adding some thing.

    I really think They should Have a Poll in the Main Treads about any meter to get a real World % on Who want it and who Dose Not. Becuse Most People dont Know what a Lua Scripting and would not even know where to find this Tread.

    By reading the Frist 5 Pages before the Pictures of Food to express people views more people are Agenst having Meters. Now that this Tread been move to Lua Scripting. I think only a few people would see this Tread. Which will Bring in Lack of Info to the public.

    I also Think they should have the Rules of what Lua Scripting can do and can not do.

    My view will always be it better to teach someone how to play.
    Last edited by Celt_Ainvar; Sep 14 2010 at 04:23 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000266693/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][U][COLOR=#0000be]
    [/COLOR][/U]

  15. #165

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    To me, LOTRO is less about numbers and more about know-how.
    With practice and a few questions, I know how to do all my roles, plus invented some others (though I am sure I am not the only one to invent these, i am just the only one I know who uses it.)
    And I am really good at playing my Hunter.
    When soloing, I will use csats, as kinda of a way to beat my old DPS records, however in a group, I will never use it, cuz each battle depending on the classes in it, will turn out differently.
    Just my thoughts, I really don't think we should have these tools, I see more bad then good.
    [COLOR=Lightgreen] (rank 5) Aralt 89 Hunter[/Color]
    [Color=red] Arklarsh Rank 4 Stalker [/Color]

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by ArahadEketta View Post
    No Magian, I am not misremembering a damn thing. Yes, some people did not log in on patch day for the reason you give. However, Turbine usually did not have as many problems with patch day as you claim. I rarely ever had problems on patch day. The majority of people who did not log in were people who were reliant on Buff Bots or were very reliant on their decal plugins. I did not have problems with decal on those days when it was broken due to the latest update to the client. This is because even when I used Decal I was not reliant on it.
    Yes you are misremembering.

    1) You erroneously claim you had no problems on patch day. I think rollbacks are considered a problem.

    2) No one was "reliant" on buff bots. MT was full on patch day with people playing, not waiting for decal to be fixed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    883

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Yes you are misremembering.

    1) You erroneously claim you had no problems on patch day. I think rollbacks are considered a problem.

    2) No one was "reliant" on buff bots. MT was full on patch day with people playing, not waiting for decal to be fixed.
    Memory is a strange thing. We tend to remember the things we feel are important.

    I remember looking forward to patch days, along with some of my guildmates, because of the new events. We would take long lunches, or take the afternoon off to be the first to try the events. But, we were in an honor guild that did not allow any combat macros at all (attended or not).

    I remember a lot of people having problems some patch days because the UCMs, buff bots, and merchant bots were not working.

    I remember some people who would not play patch days because of the occasional rollback. My first patron would not log in on patch days because he got a great item once and lost it in a rollback.

    So, there were clearly people who did not log in because of Decal not working, and others that did not log in because of the rollbacks. In WoW, I know a lot of people did not bother to play after a patch broke their addons, until they were fixed. I remember raids being cancelled because addons were not updated.

    IMHO, if addons ever become so prevalent in LOTRO that people don't bother to play until they are updated, it will be a sad day.
    Last edited by Bradd; Sep 14 2010 at 06:57 PM.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Amherst MA
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Yes you are misremembering.

    1) You erroneously claim you had no problems on patch day. I think rollbacks are considered a problem.

    2) No one was "reliant" on buff bots. MT was full on patch day with people playing, not waiting for decal to be fixed.
    I started playing AC with my own account back in Sep 2001. Out of all the monthly patches I played on I seriously doubt that I got rolled back more than twice. I stopped playing AC back when I got accepted to LotRO SoA Closed Beta and was a XP Chain Manager and Officer in the Monarchy I was a member of on Morningthaw. It was my experience that more people did not log in on patch day due to Decal being down not due to possible roll backs. And yes, on average, Decal was usually down for at least 2 days after each and every patch.
    Arthad Eketta Former Drill Sgt U.S. Army Reserves
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Officer of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,628

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Haven't read the thread, but want to throw my own two coppers in.

    DPS Meters (and other diagnostics) would utterly **** the captain class.

    Think about it:

    Do you want a captain to DPS at the cost of healing and buffing?
    What about healing?
    And how can a DPS meter quantify buffing in such a way that the average noob can tell if the captain's doing a good job at it or not?

    And I really don't want some noob telling me that I need to keep War Cry going, and yelling at me when it isn't up because a defeat response HAS NOT been procced yet, especially if I'm red line and crit capped at 20%. I've seen it happen in WoW before, and I don't want the same experience here.

    Or someone cramming yet another cookie cutter captain traiting down my throat because it's the "best". I had that happen with HoH - and frankly, I'd rather tell someone where to stick it than have that suffer through that again.

    I'm all for the personal stuff, but I really do not want to see ANY of the group diagnostics in this game.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  20. #170

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    I think they will need to add rulse to any type of Meters

    1 To be able to Report people who do DPS spamming. (Where it shown on the chats in lotro game.)
    2 To be able to Report people who Kick people out of Raid and Fellowship just on Meter stats alone as long as the RAID or Fellowship is Winning. If the raid loses and it Point to one or two players then you can Kick from a Raid.


    I dont think rules above are that bad. But I think it will keep Meters from being Abused.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000266693/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][U][COLOR=#0000be]
    [/COLOR][/U]

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasscannon View Post
    #2 lets just guess how much threat were doing
    This is the my favorite part of tanking in lotro. Adds an other element to the fight

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    I believe majority of PUG fail rate occur slightly more often than partying with kinmates/ friends. due to less co-ordination in comparison.
    DPS meter can't teach every single fundmental concept. Stun/ mez contribute so much lower damage-wise than the rest of dps skills, however, those skills could reduce incoming damages received, casting interruption, excessive unwanted debuff etc which do not always shines on the DPS graph.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,628

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Let's not get into how much wasted healing a HoH captain does because half the fellow is at full health when they fire off their AoE heals, thus making the captain class look like it's a sloppier healer than a mini or RK who's doesn't waste much healing because most of their heals are single target. Yeah, the captain can attempt to control some of the over healing, but more often than not, it would be detrimental to the group over the duration of the fight - especially considering that captain healing is based more on HoTs than direct heals.

    Think of that screeching pugger yelling at the captain because they were over healing and not healing as efficiently as the mini. I can hardly wait.....

    Please Turbine, for the love of the Valar, NEVER LET US SEE STATS ON WHAT THE OTHER PLAYERS ARE DOING SO THESE MODS CANNOT EXIST.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York City, center of the Universe
    Posts
    59

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    dps meter and other diagnostic addons, are reasons why WoW players sucks. Any kind of meter is a fail, I've been in pugs, many many pugs, and it's interesting how much I can learn not to fail by playing with them. Really, if you need a meter, play another game, I like reading what my skills can or cannot do, I like to take the time and invest in seeing what my characters are capable of. There are games that every other level you get an upgrade to a current spell/song, there are games that just say, skill x does x points of damage. This is what I love about Lotro, it's "NOT" a button mashing game for the players that plays to win.

    I've seen good Champs, and I've seen many more lazy button mashing Champs, and as a healer, I know when I'm grouped with a bad Champ and if he's mashing, he's dying, and I can care less how much he/she/it cries about getting killed, providing that person is not the main tank. Like people said with Hunters, you want to keep stealing aggro, you're not getting healed. All a DPS meter is going to do is teach people to fail, and not know how to really play their class. Good Champs knows when to off tank, and dump aggro back to the MT, bad button mashers just love to tout the crit damage their dealing all the time. It's not always about dealing the max damage, it's situational sometimes, and really I endorse people to do pugs outside kin groups, then you'll have a good idea who to put on your ignore/fail list.

    Meters are for fail, really find another mmo if all you care about are meters and button mashing. LoTRO is definitely not that kind of game for you, it's more technical if you want to play to win.
    Male Dress wearing Minstrel since 2007. "I wear my dress because it shows off the hairs on my chest." - Quoted by me.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phila
    Posts
    125

    Re: Lotro needs a dps meter and other diagnostic addons

    Myself and everyone I know can not wait for DPS meters, threat meters, better logging, better tooltips, details mob unit frames, healing aids, etc. Suggestion, check out the wow addons and implement the most popular. I added rims to my car, really enhanced the car. To all you ppl crying "addons ruined wow", hahahaha. LTP.

 

 
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload