We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A little animation: Horse Rearing!

I think it would be a cool little addition if, when standing still on your mount, you could press the jump button to have the mount rear! It would add a bit of an adventurous feel to using the mounts I think, and it can't be that huge a thing to add in!

Re: A little animation: Horse Rearing!

Right behind ya, buddy. This needs to be done.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see something like this when they add Mounted Combat, but if they don't, they should!

I agree, the horse animations the jump button does now are barely noticable. Rearing would awesome.

Not just rearing, but when you are off your horse, too. I think when you dismount, the horse shouldn't just dissapear into thin air, but to stay in it's place. It also needs to have the option of wanting it to follow you, or make it stay where it is. Also, maybe to be able to design the tack for the horse, like blankets, saddles, bridles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelolan View Post
    I'd be surprised if we didn't see something like this when they add Mounted Combat, but if they don't, they should!
    Yes, it would be a useful animation at that point. Rearing up and plunging down on one's enemies, hooves pounding, is part of a war-horse's stock in trade. The "airs above the ground" performed by the Lipizzaner stallions are the same actions that war-horses were trained, several centuries ago.

"Your horse rears and does 300 points bludgeon damage to Orc Recruit with Flying Hooves."
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by adwinal View Post
    Not just rearing, but when you are off your horse, too. I think when you dismount, the horse shouldn't just dissapear into thin air, but to stay in it's place. It also needs to have the option of wanting it to follow you, or make it stay where it is. Also, maybe to be able to design the tack for the horse, like blankets, saddles, bridles, etc.
    I think that extra bit of more permanent animation would be a huge load on many people's computers, no thanks to that, no thanks at all.

Yes I would like to see this as well. I suggested this horse /emote and some others a few months back.

/signed

ummm...not if you're expecting this to be done * instead * of things that are already in the works.

And, I'm not at all a fan of the idea of having to remember where I dismounted and then running all the way back to try and find where I left it.

Also, there are all kinds of ravenous beasties, orcses and goblinses, who would be all too willing to make a meal of some poor unguarded horse or pony left alone in the wilds, or maybe drag it off to who knows what fate worse than death...

Quote Originally Posted by Tourmalina View Post
    ummm...not if you're expecting this to be done * instead * of things that are already in the works.

And, I'm not at all a fan of the idea of having to remember where I dismounted and then running all the way back to try and find where I left it.

Also, there are all kinds of ravenous beasties, orcses and goblinses, who would be all too willing to make a meal of some poor unguarded horse or pony left alone in the wilds, or maybe drag it off to who knows what fate worse than death...

Not to mention horse thieves... I am not above stealing an unguarded horse.

/signed the tail wagging is OK, but rearing would be more fun

/courbette
    /horsebow
    /horsenod
    /dismount2 (throw leg over head of horse and slide off)
    /mount2 (leap into saddle)
    /whinny (horse shakes head and makes horsey noises)
    /canter (changes horse speed to a trot)

ok maybe too much...

/Signed

The "impact" on performance would be negligible as long as the model's structure permit's manipulation on a basic code scale... IE: it'd be pretty easy.. and the code reusable on all mounts (might need alt code for ponys..). At least this is my understanding on model animation, we move the bones and joints via code.. nothing "heavy" or straining like a new animation system.. just pure manipulation of whats already there.. If this can be achieved this way.. then no-one has any cause to poo poo this idea

Would take a decent animator.. oh say.. a weekend to get this done.. consider that a challenge if you will TB devs lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Xhiu View Post
    /courbette
    /horsebow
    /horsenod
    /dismount2 (throw leg over head of horse and slide off)
    /mount2 (leap into saddle)
    /whinny (horse shakes head and makes horsey noises)
    /canter (changes horse speed to a trot)

ok maybe too much...
    never! I would happily spend tp for horse emotes...

/graze
    /kick
    /rear
    /flying_dismount

I would also like the /pat emote to include a hand patting.

Thumbs up Re: A little animation: Horse Rearing!

maybe they should add in some flying mounts along with all this stuff^^^

maybe they should have an Update 4: Horse Lords Revenge
    Which would add mount emotes and flying mounts... And maybe Rohan in there too.

Agreed! This would be a welcome animation to the horse animations. It would be cool to have your horse to rare up when you press space bar, but horses do so much more too. You could put the new animations on a rotation with the space bar with the other animations, there could be rare up, kick, whine, rare up and whine at the same time, and graze. Great idea, would love to see it!
    ./signed

It would be neat, yes.
    It would be a lot of work though. Maybe we'll see something like that when we get to Rohan.

I like the idea as well as additional animations tricks; like those seen in rodeos and circus events could really liven things up, although these are not neccessity just suggestive wishes.

I would rather see improvements in NPC animations like the trolls or bandits. They are excruciating to look at and see in motion.

Again, Could NOT agree more.

Please no rearing horses! You folks watch too many movies. Yes, war horses were trained to maneuver and fight but no horse should just rear for excitement. Can you imagine all the rearing horses around the Prancing Pony if we got this emote. In the real world rearing is very dangerous and people get hurt all the time when their horse rears due to bad riding.

There are many emotes that should be part of a horse's ability. But first make a horse a "pet" so you can keep it around or dismiss it.
    /graze
    /whinny 1
    /whinny 2
    /trot

Also, please get the riding timing fixed so some of us don't look like bumpkins.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]