We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: symbols and tomes -- where do they drop? share your discoveries

Quote Originally Posted by robnkarla1 View Post
    There are some in my kin/server that think I'm cheating in some way/shape/form (I definitely am not, just so-so luck and a lot of runs), but I've gotten a total of 9 different tomes from the Maze/Thadur/Sambrog L20-31. Eight of them dropped for my champ (Main) and one of them dropped for my RK. If I remember correctly they are:

T1 Will
    T2 Will (x2)
    T3 Will (Dropped from L31 Sambrog)
    T2 Vitality (x3)
    T2 Fate
    T1 Agility
    I'll update it if needed once I can verify the tomes

To add, I have not gotten my champ the horseshoe yet.
    Which instances did those drop from mainly? Did you get quite a few from The Maze before it went down? Also, how many runs have you done in total?

Thanks

I've done 33 GB instances (3 Maze, 1 Thadur, the rest Sammy) and had a one tier 2 fate tome drop from the Sambrog chest. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    Which instances did those drop from mainly? Did you get quite a few from The Maze before it went down? Also, how many runs have you done in total?

Thanks
    I did get probably 4 from the maze while it was open. I can't remember exactly, but after that I've just rotated between Thadur and Sambrog. While I've run more Sambrog than Thadur, I've gotten more tomes from Thadur. As for the number of runs, I haven't kept track of that. (And I wish the stats worked ). It will be interesting to see how the maze has been adjusted in this next update.

Smile Re: symbols and tomes -- where do they drop? share your discoveries

I've seen symbols drop on completed challenge modes in both Tombs and Gardens in Annuminas at level 65. In both of these cases, they were on the boss's body and not in a chest. The chests just contained common (skirmish/relic) items for each person to grab.

I did get probably 4 from the maze while it was open. I can't remember exactly, but after that I've just rotated between Thadur and Sambrog. While I've run more Sambrog than Thadur, I've gotten more tomes from Thadur. As for the number of runs, I haven't kept track of that. (And I wish the stats worked ). It will be interesting to see how the maze has been adjusted in this next update.
    Ok, thanks for that info.

There are some in my kin/server that think I'm cheating in some way/shape/form (I definitely am not, just so-so luck and a lot of runs), but I've gotten a total of 9 different tomes from the Maze/Thadur/Sambrog L20-31. Eight of them dropped for my champ (Main) and one of them dropped for my RK. If I remember correctly they are:

T1 Will
    T2 Will (x2)
    T3 Will (Dropped from L31 Sambrog)
    T2 Vitality (x3)
    T2 Fate
    T1 Agility
    I'll update it if needed once I can verify the tomes

To add, I have not gotten my champ the horseshoe yet.
    Excuse the ignorance but what is this horseshoe people are talking about?
    And where do you get it?

Thanks

Ps if only Thadur is open to you (like me) it can be a real chore with no ranged dps e.g Captain It can take a lot of goes to get the 4 lights.....
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Sneakels 85 Burg,[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Allyrua 85 Captain, Snockels 65 Mini, Glimlioin 75 Hunter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Wardels 75 Warden, Allyssie 75 Captain "Lovers of the Leaf" [/SIZE][URL="http://www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com"]www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/1/0/8/3/4/110834VMpvt.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Just got a Tome of Will II to drop in the Twins fight in BG, non-Challenge mode chest (we did finish Challenge mode, it just dropped in the chest that's present whether you fail it or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Glimlioin View Post
    And where do you get it?
    You may want to have a look at this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...vil-does-it-do

Quote Originally Posted by Glimlioin View Post
    And where do you get it?
    The horseshoe is a pocket item you get as a quest reward from one of the epic quests in Volume 3 Book 2. It has no visible stats, the item description says it is a horseshoe that some people think is lucky. If you equip it you get a small horseshoe icon under your power bar. Noone knows what it actually does yet, so people are experimenting with having it equipped when they loot chests, identify LI's and do various other things.

I've been soloing the maze and sambrog at level 30 and haven't had a single tome or item worth mentioning drop for me. Can someone confirm that they still drop after the recent hotfixes and updates.

Has anyone seen a tome drop in a low level (20-31) version of the maze since it was re-opened? I had 6 drops in around 50 attempts before it was removed. I have seen no drops in 100+ runs since it has become available again. I also didn't see any tomes in 100+ runs of the other two GB instances while the maze was unavailable. I'm starting to think they added a flag that prevents them from dropping if you've purchased one from the store already!

Quote Originally Posted by Imez View Post
    Has anyone seen a tome drop in a low level (20-31) version of the maze since it was re-opened? I had 6 drops in around 50 attempts before it was removed. I have seen no drops in 100+ runs since it has become available again. I also didn't see any tomes in 100+ runs of the other two GB instances while the maze was unavailable. I'm starting to think they added a flag that prevents them from dropping if you've purchased one from the store already!
    They still drop from the maze - I've gotten 3-4 since it has been re-opened. (They also drop from Thadur & Sambrog). The drop rate on the tomes is quite low and with any % drop rate that low it is definitely possible to go a loooooong time without seeing a drop. From my understanding, they drop from the following locations now in GB:

The Maze:
    - Crawlers Chest
    - Twins Chest

Thadur:
    - Thadur's Corpse
    - Thadur's Chest

Sambrog:
    - Sambrog's Corpse
    - Sambrog's Chest

Previously, in the Maze they also dropped from the twins' corpses (thereby doubling the number of chances to obtain one there and my guess is was just one of the reasons for the adjustment), but that has since changed so now each of the GB instances has two chances/tickets . I have yet to see one drop on a Giant Crawler's Corpse.

I also believe the drops are chest/corpse specific and not run specific so if you have gotten 6 in 50 runs of the old maze that is not 6 out of 50 runs, but 6 out of 200 as each run had 4 opportunities. I doubt that we'll ever have concrete information on chances/levels/tiers, but the % chance is REALLY small.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by robnkarla View Post
    but the % chance is REALLY small.
    Really, really small it seems. I have over 100+ runs of the various classic instances on multiple toons. I have yet to see a single tome drop let alone win a roll. Most of my kin who has hundreds of runs each as well, have yet to see a tome drop. Actually absurb is probably a better description of the drop rate. Oh well, welcome to F2P.......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001396ea/01007/signature.png]Malmegil[/charsig]

Gorliandor - 65 Champ | Faewyne - 65 Hunter | Findur - 65 Burg | Morlach - 65 LM
    Rakgrim - 65 Guard | Ayannae - 65 Minstrel | Celbur - 65 Warden | Nethan - 45 Capt

Since the fact that once you use for example a T1 will tome on a char, you'll never have to use that one again, it's not very strange the drop rate is so low. There would be no grind left/ no-one would buy them in the shop/ everyone would have max stat boost in a couple of weeks, and i think that's not the way the want it to happen

Got a Tier 4 Might tome from Great Barrows (Thadur) final chest last night. Level 65, failed hard mode.

Tome of Might I, final boss chest in Haudh Valandil (Tombs), level 65, Challenge completed.

Got my first one last night.
    3 of us ran the Maze at lvl 39
    and a tome of agility tier two dropped.
    (i had the horseshoe equipped)
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Sneakels 85 Burg,[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Allyrua 85 Captain, Snockels 65 Mini, Glimlioin 75 Hunter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Wardels 75 Warden, Allyssie 75 Captain "Lovers of the Leaf" [/SIZE][URL="http://www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com"]www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/1/0/8/3/4/110834VMpvt.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

I'm 0 for 86 so far running the Maze/Thadur/Sambrog between levels 22-31.

My friend on the other hand got a Tome of Might II on his first run of the maze tonight at level 31.

Just the way things work out. I'll continue to keep track of the run numbers.

At least I got a Tome of Will IV out of Helegrod- Giant Wing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000047d8/signature.png]Urkuru[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Really, really small it seems. I have over 100+ runs of the various classic instances on multiple toons. I have yet to see a single tome drop let alone win a roll. Most of my kin who has hundreds of runs each as well, have yet to see a tome drop. Actually absurb is probably a better description of the drop rate. Oh well, welcome to F2P.......
    Similar for me. I must have done close to 100 runs of various classic instances (including many runs through low lvl 20/30 GB instances), and have not seen a single Tome drop. In fact, I've only even heard of one Tome dropping, and there are barely any on the AH (usually around 3 or 4 up when I check). I think the drop rate is probably much lower than the 5% people guessed.

Tome of Vitality IV dropped for our group the other night in Ost Elendil; came off the boss's corpse, not from the chest. It's the first tome I'd seen, although a couple people in the group saw a tier three tome in the GB from Sambrog.

Rare, rare drops. I about fell over when I won it.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    Similar for me. I must have done close to 100 runs of various classic instances (including many runs through low lvl 20/30 GB instances), and have not seen a single Tome drop. In fact, I've only even heard of one Tome dropping, and there are barely any on the AH (usually around 3 or 4 up when I check). I think the drop rate is probably much lower than the 5% people guessed.
    Indeed. I've run them daily, up to 30 times in a day, and I've seen a total of 2.

My first was Tome of Agility II, dropped in the Maze, first chest(Crawlers mini-boss), level 25. My second was Tome of Fate II, dropped in the same chest, same instance, level 20. Both had horseshoe on. (Lol)

With a drop rate like that, I don't think anyone will have a full set anytime soon.
    [center][color=#FF0000]|---[/color][size=4][color=#FF9900]C[/color][/size][color=#FF7200]?[/color][color=#FF4C00]?[/color][color=#FF2600]?[/color][color=#FF0000]l[/color][color=#FF2600]?[/color][color=#FF4C00]s[/color][color=#FF7200]?[/color][color=#FF0000]---|[/color][/center]

[center]The Squash[/center]

Tome of Vitality II from Thadur set to level 32 - in chest.
    [charsiq=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05206000000048585/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsiq]

I've run a mix of all 3 GB wings 105 times at Lvl 22 (Lvl 24 for Sambrog) and have had 5 tomes drop -- 2 T1 Agility, 2 T1 Vitality, and 1 T1 Might. So far, they have come pretty consistently every ~20 runs or so. All have dropped from the final boss chests -- none from boss corpses or the first chest in the maze.

This came up in vent again last night.

After hundreds of runs through every classic instance our kin has not seen a single stat tome drop.

I've also ran the maze/sambrog multiple times per day at 20ish since release. Zero, nada, zippo.

Reading that some are seeing 5 in 105 while others see 0 in 86 I'm starting to wonder if we got another Wi Flag type issue on our hands. http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001396ea/01007/signature.png]Malmegil[/charsig]

Gorliandor - 65 Champ | Faewyne - 65 Hunter | Findur - 65 Burg | Morlach - 65 LM
    Rakgrim - 65 Guard | Ayannae - 65 Minstrel | Celbur - 65 Warden | Nethan - 45 Capt

Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Reading that some are seeing 5 in 105 while others see 0 in 86 I'm starting to wonder if we got another Wi Flag type issue on our hands. http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag
    More likely the drop rate is just really low. If the drop rate is ~1% per chest/mob (2 chests/mob per instance that can drop a tome), then neither 0 in 100 runs , nor 5 in 100 runs are unlikely, as it's just such a ridiculously small number.

chance of getting exactly 0 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~13.5%.
    chance of getting exactly 1 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~27%
    chance of getting exactly 2 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~27%
    chance of getting exactly 3 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~18%
    chance of getting exactly 4 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~9%
    chance of getting exactly 5 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~3.5%
    chance of getting exactly 6 in 100 runs at 1% chance per drop = ~1%

So its not really that unlikely for some people to see none, and others to see 5.

Although.... it does seem a little odd/dodgy that robnkarla1 supposedly got 6 tomes in the first couple of days... Even if the maze was dropping twice as much loot as it was supposed to.

Anyway, I think its pretty pathetic that a defense for having these items in the store is that they are available in game as well ... at this drop rate, they may as well not be in game at all, as getting the tomes you want would require a herculean, and mind numbingly boring, grind with no guarantees!! >.<
    Last edited by Evendale; Sep 29 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast