We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Elebrandir's Horseshoe - What the devil does it do?

The horseshoe is a possible quest reward for one of the early quests of the new epic story chapter. The description says that some people think it's lucky. There's no stats and it's a pocket item. What does it do?

I have a hunch.

Back when I played Runescape (stop laughing), there was an item you could wear called a Ring of Wealth. Wearing it gave you a better chance of getting rare drops. I think this might do the same.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

Re: Elebrandir's Horseshoe - What the devil does it do?

There was much testing in Beta. Everyone seemed to have their own opinion.

Personally I think it's little more than an Urban Legend item, heh. If it does anything, it'll probably be something some random NPC remarks on further down in the storyline, my best guess.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001830e/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

helpful in epic quest only from wot i saw

It was carefully tweaked and designed to be mysterious, and keep the community guessing.

I think it's a social experiment and Turbine is keeping track of how many people choose it over the items that are actually useful.

5. Re: Elebrandir's Horseshoe - What the devil does it do?

I heard it rumor that it improves tome drops in instances?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

This may be the first step in the history of LOTRO mounted combat. When we get to Rohan, we will be given a horse that has only three shoes. Those of us that have the horseshoe in our pocketssess are good to mount up and start cuisinarting the bad guys from the saddle. All other toons will be hobbling along on a three-legged horse and will make a tasty bedtime snack for some troll.

How much luckier than that can a horseshoe get?
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

5 Brookbank Street, Troutbottom, Shire, Gladden

I have it on good authority that you're able to solo all the Volume I Epic Quests with it.
    [B][I][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Pobo is [/COLOR][/I][/B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNWpMOkw6qw"][B][I][COLOR=orange]Bad to the Bone[/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][B][I][COLOR=lemonchiffon]. See why [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNWpMOkw6qw"][COLOR=#daa520]here[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=lemonchiffon]![/COLOR][/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Arasilion View Post
    The horseshoe is a possible quest reward for one of the early quests of the new epic story chapter. The description says that some people think it's lucky. There's no stats and it's a pocket item. What does it do?

I have a hunch.

Back when I played Runescape (stop laughing), there was an item you could wear called a Ring of Wealth. Wearing it gave you a better chance of getting rare drops. I think this might do the same.
    I think the main purpose of the item is to make people speculate and ask questions

It keeps tigers away. I haven't been attacked by tigers, either in game or real life, while wearing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
    I think the main purpose of the item is to make people speculate and ask questions
    Yeah I'd go with this as well.
    [COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]~ 65 Minstrel ~ 65 Burglar ~ 65 Champion ~[/COLOR]

Will Washer says "Arggh! My arm!"
    Will Washer says "My spleen!"[/SIZE]

Have fun with it.. Everytime someone asks about it in GLFF (or unite - Vilya), take a shot.. Its a fun drinking game.. Even if you do not actually drink just type "*takes a shot" in chat.. We had a few people doing it the last couple of days... WARNING!!! If you do actually play the Horsehoe Drinking Game you are likely to be tore up within an hour... Enjoy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000029d469/signature.png]Neilpatrickharris[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by abrahamL View Post
    Have fun with it.. Everytime someone asks about it in GLFF (or unite - Vilya), take a shot.. Its a fun drinking game.. Even if you do not actually drink just type "*takes a shot" in chat.. We had a few people doing it the last couple of days... WARNING!!! If you do actually play the Horsehoe Drinking Game you are likely to be tore up within an hour... Enjoy!
    Hmmm... now there's an idea.

What does it mean if you find Elebrandir's horse shoe? Elebrandir's horse is walking around in his socks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

When I tell people that this item shows up under your character bar with all the other buffs when equipped, they really start scratching their heads
    I took a big stat hit when I decided to put this on, yet seem to have no problems as far as mobs are concerned. I was wondering if it makes mobs appear to be, say, 2 or 3 levels lower than they actually are? I've been getting more timely crits on my relic deconstruction, lately, as well. Around the house, all my foodstuffs appear to last longer without spoiling, my razor blades are staying sharper longer, my love life has never been better, and all the aches and pains in my joints have virtually dissapeared. Thank you Lucky Horseshoe!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e4111/01007/signature.png]Blundaar[/charsig]

MadeOfLions is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

The question was raised during Beta whether Erebrandir's Horseshoe had been thoroughly tested; the answer is that it was.

MoL

If you are looking for an example of a non-answer to throw gasoline on the fire, here it is
    [FONT=Arial][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000014ca6b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Pendarion of Gilrain, Level 75 Captain, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Arafin of Gilrain, Level 75 Elf Lore-master, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Grimbor of Gilrain, Level 75 Dwarf Guardian, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    Findorin of Gilrain, Level 70 Elf Hunter, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Grimwise of Gilrain, Level 65 Dwarf Minstrel, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Gilgaran of Gilrain, Level 65 Elf Warden, [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Arafindor of Gilrain. Level 65 Man Champion, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Andarfin of Arkenstone, Level 65 Man Lore-master, G[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]ilgarion of Arkenstone, Level 65 Elf Rune-keeper, [/SIZE][/FONT]

it is a mysterious and powerful device, whose mystery is only exceeded by its power.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000f736c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I tried some conventional tests, looting with it equipped and unequipped- didn’t notice anything.

So I tried some non-conventional approaches. Falling off a cliff is pretty unlucky, so what if I equipped something lucky? Surprisingly I found you could fall from higher cliffs without "misadventure" with the horseshoe than without. I tried this test just outside of Trestlebridge, where the crafting quest is. I tested it a number of times and it seems to be the horseshoe gives a little extra buffer when falling from heights.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    What does it mean if you find Elebrandir's horse shoe? Elebrandir's horse is walking around in his socks.
    No. Elebrandir still has four shoes. The one you have is the old worn out shoe. You talk nice to Elebrandir, Elbrandir will show the brand new fancy model of shoe that replaces the one you have.

If that shoe was so lucky, Elebrandir would still be wearing it. It would be handed to you by the eye twinkling horse smith that went. I bet I can give Tantalus this old shoe. Not have to give a real reward. Hmm. That elf is not as young and naive as she looks. She does not want the shoe.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I'm of the firm opinion it does nothing. I think it was a way for the Dev's to have a joke at our expense and make us think we were getting something to help with the Symbol drop rate.

Nothing else to see here - back to the Batcave with you all.
    Krysfaerun (100 Minstrel), Wyrana (100 Guardian), Krysfrune (100 Rune-Keeper), Voxmoney (32 Warden), Merrykrysmas (38 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Krysbruin (61 Beorning) - Hammer of Wrath
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

I heard:

If you place the item in your pocket, and stand in a field, and wear a pointy hat with a long beard and robes, and /whistle, the fabled Shadowfax will come be your mount!

Either that or some WB lawyer goons will appear and tell you after /whistling that: the following scene cannot be shown due to copyright infringements.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000480b1/01001/signature.png]Doughzer[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fruinjuice View Post
    I'm of the firm opinion it does nothing. I think it was a way for the Dev's to have a joke at our expense and make us think we were getting something to help with the Symbol drop rate.
    Why would they do such a thing at the same time that they ACTUALLY make Symbols as easy to get as Mithril Flakes?
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by LordFrieza View Post
    It keeps tigers away. I haven't been attacked by tigers, either in game or real life, while wearing mine.
    LordFrieza, I want to buy your rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsix66 View Post
    This may be the first step in the history of LOTRO mounted combat. When we get to Rohan, we will be given a horse that has only three shoes. Those of us that have the horseshoe in our pocketssess are good to mount up and start cuisinarting the bad guys from the saddle. All other toons will be hobbling along on a three-legged horse and will make a tasty bedtime snack for some troll.

How much luckier than that can a horseshoe get?
    Wow. This wins best shaggy dog explanation, hands down. /clap

Shortly after I selected the horseshoe, I got a new house, ergo the horseshoe must have an upper hand in the real estate market. Of course, shortly after selecting the horseshoe, I also had to change my son's diaper....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000017c087/01001/signature.png]Braldur[/charsig]

"Insert pithy quote here"

Quote Originally Posted by LordFrieza View Post
    Seriously, if I knew how to give you rep under this new horrible forum I would.

Specious reasoning for the win.
    Congratulations to all the winners in the DragonSlayer awards!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast