We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Avoiding RP? Crickhollow is not the best choice...

For those looking to AVOID a new burgeoning unofficial RP'ing community/server - Crickhollow is probably not your best choice

Seems if a RP migration is to take place - its coming this direction. We even have hardcore RP folks from "Moonguard" ready to move here. There are even rumblings of a large portion of Vanguards dwindling RP community moving here.

Just a heads up!

Re: Avoiding RP? Crickhollow is not the best choice...

I feel bad for Vanguards players. No love shown for that game except the players themselves.

I welcome them here and hope they all have the most fun ever.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    I feel bad for Vanguards players. No love shown for that game except the players themselves.

I welcome them here and hope they all have the most fun ever.
    Absolutely! I'd say the same, but to a lesser degree, for the WoW RPers coming with F2P. they have been virtually ignored by Blizzard for years, and harassed by the RP Griefers invading their RP servers to the point that RP is a joke in WoW. They have many "RP" and "RP-PvP" servers, but most might as well be just any other server type, as Blizzard does nothing to enforce the RP rules they themselves created for the game.

It's really sad, and I wish all of the RP refugees from WoW (and other MMOs) well here in Middle Earth.

The forums for each new server have a thread announcing that it is the new Unofficial RP server of the new batch of servers. How are you sure this is the one that will get chosen?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000076127/signature.png]Norrell[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by stranger7 View Post
    The forums for each new server have a thread announcing that it is the new Unofficial RP server of the new batch of servers. How are you sure this is the one that will get chosen?
    By following the masses! It looks like Crickhollow will be the winner.

You can bet Dwarrowdelf and Riddermark won't be RPing community. Imladris may be the third. I can bet you a pie that Landroval will remain the biggest with Crickhollow being 2nd, and Imladris probably will be smallest Unofficial RP Server or not at all.

Sorry, but you're not going to chase the non-RPers away. Crickhollow will become my home away from home from Elendilmir and I definitely do not RP.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Sorry, but you're not going to chase the non-RPers away. Crickhollow will become my home away from home from Elendilmir and I definitely do not RP.
    That is why there is talk of another rp FRIENDLY server. Do people think rpers are mean sprited and want to control everybody? Do people think Landroval can handle its share of 1 to 2 million new players in a few months time? Who is actually promoting chasing non rpers away?

What evil is there in starting a 2nd rp friendly server. there are going to be a LOT of players who love this game. There are going to be a LOT of people who will want to try rp. Whats so elite about chosing another rp friendly server before going live? Nobody at all is espousing an rp only server.

(calm down Tinki)
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

*passes Tinki some Perfect Pie and Honeybrew*

Here dear, you look a little peckish. Too much work and not enough meals.

Landroval: Adyria - L95 Guardian; Calliah - L40 Champion; Silima - L31 Runekeeper
    Crickhollow: Lita - L15 Hunter

The majority of players on Landroval don't roleplay either, and clearly have not been chased away.
    "I am dreading the publication, for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Quote Originally Posted by Herellomar View Post
    The majority of players on Landroval don't roleplay either, and clearly have not been chased away.
    I agree with you. As a soft-RPer (i.e. I like to RP a bit, but with kinsmate I like to just chat and play the game), I always try to pick the RP-friendly server, as it often means more mature community/more events.

And it always pisses me off when I run into someone named "Omgwtfbbq, The Wary" kinda thing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052040000000ca015/01002/signature.png]Naej[/charsig]

I wasn't aware we were breaking out the pitchforks and lighting the "AntiRP witch" bonfires.

Let me get on that.

...seem to have misplaced my matches.
    [color=#4CC552]~ Koteas[/color]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises![/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][/FONT]
    [color=#FF8040]Champion - Crickhollow[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Njall_Thojorkill View Post
    For those looking to AVOID a new burgeoning unofficial RP'ing community/server - Crickhollow is probably not your best choice

Seems if a RP migration is to take place - its coming this direction. We even have hardcore RP folks from "Moonguard" ready to move here. There are even rumblings of a large portion of Vanguards dwindling RP community moving here.

Just a heads up!

just let them vanguard/moonguard folks know this is a hobbit-centric server...
    men will be laughed at...
    elphs pitied
    and dorfs not tolerated...

Talking Re: Avoiding RP? Crickhollow is not the best choice...

Quote Originally Posted by myskaal View Post
    I wasn't aware we were breaking out the pitchforks and lighting the "AntiRP witch" bonfires.

Let me get on that.

...seem to have misplaced my matches.
    Fire without matches? He's a witch!
    (He turned me into a newt once!)
    [B][SIZE=3]--[COLOR=gold]DY[/COLOR][COLOR=aqua]Mongoose[/COLOR]--
    [/SIZE][/B][FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]It looks like I need a new signature. This will take some consideration, creativity, and cookies. Many cookies.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by NaejSax View Post
    And it always pisses me off when I run into someone named "Omgwtfbbq, The Wary" kinda thing.
    It's probably just Master Chief from "Arby 'n' the Chief".
    [CENTER][URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/InfernalCKY/media/puuding1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/InfernalCKY/puuding1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

I dont see why you cant RP and be non RP on the same server if you get along.

My version of RP is me enjoying my character and playing him how I think I would if I wsa in game. Doesn't mean I need to be typing in the game like he would speak or run some in game self made quests...but it doesn't mean I dont enjoy the RP community either.

I am a huge book reader and I enjoy some of the stories that come from RP'ers, I just can't do it myself. I'll enjoy the RP community that might grow on here...I'll clap at the bands or even try to offer help to whatever RP quest is going on...but I am going to mainly play as a non RP'er here... albeit from the stand point of a very drunk dwarf perspective...

I'm with you there, Otik. I'm more of a casual RP'er - I enjoy the whole concept and love watching the stories unfold (definitely adds to the immersion), but I struggle to commit with a fully-fledged RPing character.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/InfernalCKY/media/puuding1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/InfernalCKY/puuding1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Otik View Post
    I dont see why you cant RP and be non RP on the same server if you get along.

My version of RP is me enjoying my character and playing him how I think I would if I wsa in game. Doesn't mean I need to be typing in the game like he would speak or run some in game self made quests...but it doesn't mean I dont enjoy the RP community either.

I am a huge book reader and I enjoy some of the stories that come from RP'ers, I just can't do it myself. I'll enjoy the RP community that might grow on here...I'll clap at the bands or even try to offer help to whatever RP quest is going on...but I am going to mainly play as a non RP'er here... albeit from the stand point of a very drunk dwarf perspective...
    there are more 'RP-lite' folks like you Otik on every server then many realize or will even admit in some cases.

I find it easy to rp a hobbit because I'm so much like one in real life... well, not the big hairy feet... or the living in a hole in the ground... or the size, I'm just average height... ok, well the pie part, it's pretty much all about that; I can rp about pie until the cows come home!

I''d probably be considered more along your description of RP Otik.

I have a general personality type set for my characters, sometimes a bit of minor background information, and when I log in I try to play from their perspective and really let events shape them/tell me their story as time progresses.
    I do try to speak in character. That is, I respond the way they would respond, not necessarily the way I would respond. I just can't bring myself to write plot lines or story arcs but I do love to read others'.

Anyhoo, yea... light/casual RPer who's IC about 98% of the time.
    Last edited by myskaal; Sep 06 2010 at 01:33 PM.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!

Glad to know I am not alone. )p

I just want all of you Crickets who are hard core. or close enough, RP'ers to not forsake some of use that come across your path and might not jump into the RP mode exactly how you want us to. Many of us will just be carrying our popcorn with us as we travel in case we come across your stories and events.

Since Turbine is allowing LUA plugins, I wonder if any of our Crickets can make a plugin similar to the Dwarvenizer that Wow had? I loved that addon and would use that to no end in Lotro.

That would be fun to have. I think, at the moment, there's no way to make it. Chat is not one of the things they included with the current build that can be modified. Soonish* maybe.

I'm holding out for a re-sizable world map mod myself (like Mapster) so I can check where I'm going and not run off that cliff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Otik View Post
    Glad to know I am not alone. )p

I just want all of you Crickets who are hard core. or close enough, RP'ers to not forsake some of use that come across your path and might not jump into the RP mode exactly how you want us to. Many of us will just be carrying our popcorn with us as we travel in case we come across your stories and events.
    As a non-RPer (RP observer) from Landy I have yet to have any feeling of being unwelcome at a Landroval RP event. I am sorry that others have not experienced similar treatment elsewhere. Given the players who seem interested in making Crickhollow a "home away from home", I'm sure you will have a favorable experience. I look forward to seeing the events on Crickhollow and spending a good deal of time in its Shire.
    Landroval: Adyria - L95 Guardian; Calliah - L40 Champion; Silima - L31 Runekeeper
    Crickhollow: Lita - L15 Hunter

All of our present rpers, to a man I would bet, are more than friendly to any non rper! What may happen is that certain types new to the game will splash and churn and have previous bad attitudes toward anybody rp or not. That may color the perception one may have. It could happen that some of us will have a bad experience with, say, someone who pretends to be a rper from another mmo who has no concept of community whatsoever in game. So be prepared not to lump all "rpers" in the same category.

In that case it will take some time to sort out our community as a whole and bring it back to where we want it. That means all of us who play/home this server. It will be all of us that will make it happen.

And about the IGNORE function. Many say to use it. I say report the offenders! I dont want to lose my chat channels by just using the ignore function. That takes away function in the game that I paid to be able to use. If we just ignore then we begin to lose it.

I dont think it can happen but it is possible that so many will come that all sense of familiarity of community we have known will be washed overboard,... sort of like losing a war. I sure hope that dont happen!

Otherwise I am real excited!
    Landroval Server

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    All of our present rpers, to a man I would bet, are more than friendly to any non rper! What may happen is that certain types new to the game will splash and churn and have previous bad attitudes toward anybody rp or not. That may color the perception one may have. It could happen that some of us will have a bad experience with, say, someone who pretends to be a rper from another mmo who has no concept of community whatsoever in game. So be prepared not to lump all "rpers" in the same category.

In that case it will take some time to sort out our community as a whole and bring it back to where we want it. That means all of us who play/home this server. It will be all of us that will make it happen.

And about the IGNORE function. Many say to use it. I say report the offenders! I dont want to lose my chat channels by just using the ignore function. That takes away function in the game that I paid to be able to use. If we just ignore then we begin to lose it.

I dont think it can happen but it is possible that so many will come that all sense of familiarity of community we have known will be washed overboard,... sort of like losing a war. I sure hope that dont happen!

Otherwise I am real excited!
    The only way we can lose, is by not fighting to begin with. I agree that in ignoring, we would be infact losing ground. You can only lose so much ground until you have nothing to stand on.

If everyone shares in the task of keeping the realm Role Player friendly, then it shall remain Role Player friendly!

As to the non-rp'ers, who knows, they may like what they see, and decide to join in!
    [b][color=gold]Dragor Stoneheart ~ [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=373380&TabID=3134226][u]Weathertop Militia[/u][/url][/color][/b]

[b][color=lightgreen]Guardian ~ Race of Man[/color][/b]

If I want to avoid RP on Crickhollow, I can just ignore my chat window.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a1600/signature.png]Awesomely[/charsig][U][SIZE=2][URL="http://tinyurl.com/bptwyea"][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]A Hunter Wants You To Know[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/U]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast