We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

CGLFF and stuff.

I didn't want to derail one of the other threads in the forum, but reading through, somebody mentioned setting a strong OOC/GLFF presence, so I was wondering.

a) CGLFF -- Clean Global Looking for Fellowship? I don't know if there is someway we can police it, but geez, it would sure be nice!

b) IIRC, Vilya has another name for their GLFF -- don't remember what it is,but it's something nice. Do we want to do something like that for a chat channel, and leave the actual GLFF for fellowship hunting?
    [CENTER][FONT=book antiqua][B]Maradie Dyer[/B]
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
    Hoc est quo deum antecedatis:
    ille extra patientiam malorum est, vos supra patientiam.

Re: CGLFF and stuff.

I think Vilya calls their channel 'Unite.'

I agree though, a channel for chatting (such as the current glff is used for) in addition to a more strictly LFF channel would be great. Maybe WLFF? (World Looking For Fellowship) Or something more unique to Imladris by name would be good.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    [b][u][ M e n e l d o r ][/u][/b] | Aethniniel || Aethnin || Aethwen |

Hmm, I need to find my sindarin lexicon. Perhaps if we can find a word that's not too outrageous, we can make that our channel name.

*researches*

hmm, the sindarin command for "speak" is Pedo! We won't be using that .

and UNITE! I knew that without knowing that. WLFF is a pretty cool idea, too, just to be unique.
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]

We could always go with "mellon" for friend? I think most will be familiar with the word from the books and it fits.

"Speak friend and enter..."

The only other word I can think of offhand that might fit would be "gwaith" which is often translated as 'brotherhood.'
    Last edited by Aethniniel; Sep 02 2010 at 10:38 PM.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    [b][u][ M e n e l d o r ][/u][/b] | Aethniniel || Aethnin || Aethwen |

Quote Originally Posted by Aethniniel View Post
    We could always go with "mellon" for friend? I think most will be familiar with the word from the books and it fits.

"Speak friend and enter..."
    ooh, I like that very good idea!!
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by zachhope View Post
    ooh, I like that very good idea!!
    I whole heartedly agree!

While I like mellon, the MLFF channel has certain phonetic connotations that would be best left to other games-that-shall-not-be-named.

Ardhon is Sindarin for world and dor means land or region, just for consideration. Personally I like eden, Sindarin for new or begun again so the ELFF channel!

Smile Re: CGLFF and stuff.

To help start things out before the influx of new players, the global chat channel 'WORLD' was started today on Imladris. Hopefully this will help glff be used as it was intended, for people actually looking for groups.

So... joinchannel WORLD next time you log in!
    *BOOP*