We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forming a dwarf only kinship

A friend and I have always had a dream of an all dwarf kinship, but never got around to it. Our dream was to get together a raid of 24 mighty dwarves to conquer the Ettenmoors, slay the mighty dragon Thorogg, conquer the evil tower of Dol Guldur (possibly...lol), shower Middle Earth with our legendary craft, and much more.

We've both been playing LoTRO since launch and have quite a bit of experience with all facets of the game, including raiding, PvMPing, questing, crafting, and even role playing. We've started and managed a couple of kinships over the years (one of which has reached well over 300 members on the Gladden server). Though with this kinship we don't plan on getting any where near that high a number. We'd like to keep it a tight but casual group.

Casual has always been our style in LoTRO. Although we've done and do enjoy doing some of the most "hardcore" content, we don't really consider ourselves as such. We've both been in so called "elite" kinships and don't have very fond memories of it. So we know all to well ways to NOT run a kin.

So, this kin will be quite broad. We'd like to do a little bit of everything and we would welcome all styles of gameplay. Whether you only play a few hours a week or many hours a day. Whether you only like to solo or you always find yourself in the middle of a raid. A good kinship should never be a full time (or even part time) job. It should always be something you can enjoy on your own time and your own terms. Something to get together a quick and hassle free GS run, organize a lengthy assault on BG, or just chat while you wait for your laundry to dry. And we understand perfectly that sometimes people just aren't in the social mood on any given day and only want to go kill some boars or craft on their lonesome. The most important thing to get from a game is fun and enjoyment, not unneeded stress and burden.

There is only one thing that we require from members: to be a dwarf!

We've been brainstorming some names of the kinship (dwarf appropriate) and would welcome some more from interested members. We will probably then have a vote on which one to use.

And we will gladly welcome any and all alliances with fellow Dwarrowdelf kinships. Some game content may require classes that dwarves unfortunately can't play and we would gladly lend our dwarvish virtues in return.

This thread will be used for all our discussion, planning, brainstorming, etc. until we can finally get into the game on Wednesday. My first character will be a Minstrel and I believe my friend plans to roll a RK. Let us celebrate this new era of LoTRO in true dwarf style! Baruk Khazad!

Re: Forming a dwarf only kinship

Up with Dwarves! I've been playing mostly solo/casual since October of 2008.I have two young sons and a job that eat up most of my time. I like to play weekday evenings from 8:00 to 11:00 CDT. I'm savy on game mechanics and would love to be able to contribute and thusly receive help on some of the content that I've been missing out on. I'll be creating a Dwarf Hunter on Dwarrowdelf September 8th and would like an invite to your kin if you'll give it. Kin names? I dunno? How about "Children of Aule" or "Sons of the Seven Fathers" or "Balin's Brood"?

a kin name for dwarfs could be Axe of Authority or something lol Bane of Balin
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000033f805/01003/signature.png]Figura[/charsig]

Wow, this would be great, ive been on the game since Nov 2008, and i normally only play Dwarfs. i would love to run a Dwarf Guard again ( Main is 65 Guard on FireFoot ) at a fresh start and would like an invite to ur kin. .... Kin names: u could use something with the Mountains, or Moria.

Do you accept dwarf ladies? hehe

Edit: I hear they changed the angry dwarf stomp and the dramatic sigh. This makes me tremendously sad for all of dwarvendom if its true.

As long as there's no other restriction other than being a Dwarf, count me in!
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Shame Dwarfs can't be wardens too :/
    My hobbit can be a runty dwarf

Just might have to bring my Dwarf RK over here when eventually allowed to
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000129f79/01008/signature.png]Kalliea[/charsig]

Good to see some interest and all will gladly be welcomed aboard. I think a vote is in order to decide on the kin name- the head start is in just a few days! I'll go a head and list the ones suggested in the topic and you all can go a head and vote for which ever one catches your fancy. Feel free to suggest some more, as well.

Children of Aule- for those who don't know, Aule is one of the four Aratar, the strongest of the Valar (who are basically "gods" in the LoTR universe). He is the creator of the dwarves of Middle Earth and the one who taught them all their arts, craft, magic, etc.

Sons of the Seven Fathers- The "Seven Fathers" were the first dwarves created by Aule.

Balin's Brood- Balin is one of the 12 dwarves that journeyed with Bilbo Baggins to Erebor (the Lonely Mountain) to defeat the dragon Smaug and reclaim their dwarven treasure. After the successful quest, Balin and a company of dwarves entered the Mines of Moria to reclaim their lost kingdom, but was slain by an awakened balrog. A "brood" is a gathering of dwarves; a potentially dangerous concept around areas that contain alcohol and/or treasure.

Axe of Authority- "Axes" cleave orc heads. "Authority" is an angry dwarf with an "axe". I think you get the picture.

Durin's Crown- Durin's Crown is a constellation of stars seen by Durin the Deathless (the father of all dwarves) reflected in the lake Mirrormere. These stars sat above the head of his reflection like a crown and so inspired Durin to create the kingdom of Moria in the surrounding mountains.

Also, go a head and start posting your character names and classes and when you plan on playing after the update (for example, during the head start on Wednesday, can't get on till the weekend, etc.) so we can get you all invited into the kin when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    A friend and I have always had a dream of an all dwarf kinship, but never got around to it. Our dream was to get together a raid of 24 mighty dwarves to conquer the Ettenmoors, slay the mighty dragon Thorogg, conquer the evil tower of Dol Guldur (possibly...lol), shower Middle Earth with our legendary craft, and much more.
    As someone who is part of a dwarf-only kin in Europe, I just wanted to confirm that getting a group of dwarves together for stuff like that is in fact totally awesome

I will be on as soon as the update is open o the ppl, i will be HaleRyan Dwarf Guard. cant wait to c all this happen.

Im in on your dwarf kinship. Im a complete noob and only played a little bit for the closed beta...wish the servers would come back up so I can get back in. Shouldn't have logged off earlier.

The Sons of the Seven Fathers (it was the most popular choice, so thanks for the suggestion Elmo666) formed a few days ago but we've been unable to post due to the forms being down. It's already grown to be quite an active group.

If you're interested in joining, add Gatholin (myself), Nazarus, or Haleryan to your friends list and send us a tell when one of us is on and we'll get you in. Thanks for all the interest!

Darkheart, you are very welcome. Can't wait to join the team! I've been delayed in starting my Dwarf. I'll send you a tell when I get to Thorin's hall.
    -elm (aka Dualinn)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    And we will gladly welcome any and all alliances with fellow Dwarrowdelf kinships. Some game content may require classes that dwarves unfortunately can't play and we would gladly lend our dwarvish virtues in return.
    Aside from Captain buffs I can't think of anything we'd want/need that the classes available to Durin's Folk can't retrait to handle. And it would force the Dwarven Hunters to think of themselves as much more than crossbow wielding Pewpew factories.

Just wanted to pop in here and mention that the Kin seems to be off to a great start. Got a great bunch of dwarves in here! However, the Kin could definitely benefit from the addition of a few more officers/recruiters especially for non-peak hours. Seems that there have been quite a few folk who haven't been able to join the kin due to no recruiters or officers being on when they wanted in. I think this Kin is showing some great potential and I would hate to see it fizzle out so soon.

IGN - Angst Hellforge (in case you want to contact me in game).

Hail and well met!

I'd be very interested in joining this Kinship, I'll be adding the aforementioned officers to friends once the servers are back up. I'm Mithgraug (10th Guardian). I've a premium account, new to Lotro, however I do bring years of experience in a Tank role with me from games like WoW, EQ, and DDO.

Thanks,
    Greywolf

Thanks to Ulfgar for letting me in to the kin! I haven't seen many officers at the times I play (8:00 - 11:00 CDT Mon. thru Sat.). I would like an opportunity to be able to help grow the kin. Send me a tell in game and I'll gladly become an officer. Currently blazing through Bree-Land.

Elmo (aka. Dualinn lvl. 15 Hunter.)

The founders of this kin have been kind enough to allow for changes within the leadership of the Sons of the Seven Fathers. The only changes that have occurred are an increased number of officers/recruiters. This will make it easier for interested Dwarves to join us!

As the founders have passed the reigns, so-to-speak, we decided to start a new soth7f thread,because we feel it may be a bit easier to keep information current. You can visit the thread here http://tinyurl.com/327xoax

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Are you lost, elf?