We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,800

    Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    I'm wondering if the Imladris community would like to become an unofficial RP server, in essense a "Little Landroval". The idea being to draw RPers from Landroval and other servers to Imladris when they want to re-roll on a new server.

    Now, there someone else already started a thread asking Riddermark if they would like to be an unofficial RP server, but it has not gotten a very friendly response so far. perhaps things will go better here?

    What do you folks think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,894

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BellusDuFenna View Post
    Now, there someone else already started a thread asking Riddermark if they would like to be an unofficial RP server, but it has not gotten a very friendly response so far. perhaps things will go better here?
    Considering the other thread barely makes any sense as the OP wrote it...
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanCarlo View Post
    Considering the other thread barely makes any sense as the OP wrote it...
    It could have been worded better, I agree, but I agree with his sentiment. We should have a unified RP community on one of these four new servers. The only question now is, which one?

    I put the question to the folks on the Landroval forum, hopefully we can get a good discussion going on the matter.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    427

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BellusDuFenna View Post
    It could have been worded better, I agree, but I agree with his sentiment. We should have a unified RP community on one of these four new servers. The only question now is, which one?

    I put the question to the folks on the Landroval forum, hopefully we can get a good discussion going on the matter.
    I wish you success. I would like to see a less laggy and overpopulated RP server. If another RP server is picked, I'll log in at times to help jump start it.

  5. #5

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Yes,
    I agree.

    I thought we should decide beforehand which server would be the new RPer,
    and Imladris sounded the most RPish :-)

    Seeing someone else has thought so, I add my vote. I will actively help to make Imladris the new RP server.


    Iasion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    801

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    I will also help actively make this an RP server.
    [CENTER][FONT=book antiqua][B]Maradie Dyer[/B]
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
    Hoc est quo deum antecedatis:
    ille extra patientiam malorum est, vos supra patientiam.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,138

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Thankfully there are no official anything servers, they tend to turn a lot of people away from servers by labeling them. Given by those that have already posted on the servers boards, many things come to mind about how the server turn out, but RP is not one of them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000872bc/signature.png]Azgoth[/charsig]
    Freeps | Miesha r8 65 Hunter | Nubbycake r4 65 LM | Rummblebelly 65 Burg | Petya 65 Warden |
    Sparxz 65 RK | Gorodetsky 64 Champ |
    Creeps | Azgoth r6 Warg BW | Agros r5 Weaver BW |

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    107

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    If the community decides so, I too will roll a few characters here for RP purposes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    117

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    I too will join in the effort to make Imladris an un-official RP server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001f3671/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #10

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Instead of trying to start up a copy of Landroval, why not try to be better? You know, instead of soap-opera who's-my-baby's-daddy melodrama, we could maybe have some Middle-Earth oriented role-playing for a change.
    The emperor has no clothes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    I'll role a few characters here.

    "Here it is at last!" he called, and the others gathered round him and looked over the edge. They saw a valley far below. They could hear the voice of hurrying water in a rocky bed at the bottom; the scent of trees was in the air; and there was a light on the valley-side across the water. - The Hobbit

    Imladris sounds like an inviting place to role play!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000149bbb/01008/signature.png]Olde[/charsig]

  12. #12

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Budderfur View Post
    Instead of trying to start up a copy of Landroval, why not try to be better? You know, instead of soap-opera who's-my-baby's-daddy melodrama, we could maybe have some Middle-Earth oriented role-playing for a change.
    This I would be more than happy to help facilitate. The the ultra-drama at the PP on Landy can get downright vexing. dont get me wrong, im not gonna leave Landroval. but I might actually seriously rp here.

    Also, we (as the 2-day head start founders) could establish a strong GOOC/GLFF differentiation. glff can make me sick at times currently.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="green"]LANDROVAL[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE="1"]Bandiwise ~ Hobbit Burglar - - - Bandielle ~ Hobbit Guardian
    Bandilac ~ Hobbit Warden - - - Bandithil ~ Elf Rune-Keeper[/SIZE]

    [B][COLOR="orange"]NIMRODEL[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE="1"]Shroomble ~ Hobbit Minstrel - - - Trufflege ~ Hobbit Hunter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

  13. #13

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit-at-heart View Post
    Also, we (as the 2-day head start founders) could establish a strong GOOC/GLFF differentiation. glff can make me sick at times currently.
    That sounds incredibly optimistic, although if you were successful I might even roll an alt on another server besides Landroval.
    "I am dreading the publication, for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

  14. #14

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit-at-heart View Post
    Also, we (as the 2-day head start founders) could establish a strong GOOC/GLFF differentiation. glff can make me sick at times currently.
    I give the "honeymoon" at most a month (my optimistic prediction)... then it will revert to what all glff revert to.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    107

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    lets not split up the RP community.

    and this is a server name that stands out meaning it could be open to impulse server pickers.

    if any of the new servers was going to be a Rp server its the D one with the hard to pronounce name.

    you don't want a server name that will stand out, you want one that someone will come looking for.

    but why split up the RP community and make RP harder to find.

    i would rather have 1 server full of RPers than 2 half full, and the other have WOWites.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1977 View Post
    lets not split up the RP community.

    and this is a server name that stands out meaning it could be open to impulse server pickers.

    if any of the new servers was going to be a Rp server its the D one with the hard to pronounce name.

    you don't want a server name that will stand out, you want one that someone will come looking for.

    but why split up the RP community and make RP harder to find.

    i would rather have 1 server full of RPers than 2 half full, and the other have WOWites.
    Again, this isn't about splitting the RP community. This is about unifying the RPers who want to re-roll on a new server onto one particular new server, to help maintain a good RP community there. Otherwise, we'll all be scattered out on the four servers and lose out on RP opportunities on our new servers.

    Myself and some other RPers want to try out a fresh server, build a community from scratch, but also want to be able to have a good RP community on said server. That's all. This doesn't hurt Landroval in the least, as these people are re-rolling one way or the other. At least if we congregate in one place, we'll have better RP available to us.

    I just don't see why people have a problem with this.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    427

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BellusDuFenna View Post
    Again, this isn't about splitting the RP community. This is about unifying the RPers who want to re-roll on a new server onto one particular new server, to help maintain a good RP community there. Otherwise, we'll all be scattered out on the four servers and lose out on RP opportunities on our new servers.

    Myself and some other RPers want to try out a fresh server, build a community from scratch, but also want to be able to have a good RP community on said server. That's all. This doesn't hurt Landroval in the least, as these people are re-rolling one way or the other. At least if we congregate in one place, we'll have better RP available to us.

    I just don't see why people have a problem with this.
    Go ahead and start a RP kinship (or have somebody else do it). I'll join. I already have FREEPs and CREEPs on more than one server. One more won't hurt.

    I would prefer the new RP server not be referred to as little Landy. Something implying equality might go over better. The main purpose of a new RP server will be to help handle a possible overflow of players onto the current unofficial RP server.

  18. #18

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Have a look at my threads on the Landroval RP Colony. I think colonization is an apt metaphor. A portion of an existing culture that breaks off to form a new community. Though some try to maintain the old culture by preserving traditions and naming places (See New England, New York, New Hampshire, etc) the new colony inevitably gains its own identity (see previous list).

    --Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    Yeah, I'm all for it as long as we don't call it 'Little Landy.' The name is so rich in lore in itself that the nickname doesn't seem to fit. hehe Plus, I really want to see this server stand on its own two feet and develop, not become 'that other RP server...'

    As I mentioned on another thread, switching the main RP zone to Rivendell would be a nice change that would possibly encourage the lower levels to explore the world outside the starter zones. Plus it would be an easy way to meet the new players if the RPers offered regular escorts to Rivendell.


    Just my 2 cents. Incidentally, I don't rp but I enjoy having it around. I may even do a small bit of it myself on this server in Rivendell.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    [b][u][ M e n e l d o r ][/u][/b] | Aethniniel || Aethnin || Aethwen |

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    801

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    I could go for never hearing the phrase "Little Landy" again . . .
    we're "Little Laddy"

    but seriously, what Aethniniel said
    [CENTER][FONT=book antiqua][B]Maradie Dyer[/B]
    [I]Mythgard
    [/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
    Hoc est quo deum antecedatis:
    ille extra patientiam malorum est, vos supra patientiam.

  21. #21

    Re: Thoughts about being a "Little Landy"?

    A server full of Landy alts will fail.

    Roll here only if you are planning on playing here.
    [b][color=gold]Dragor Stoneheart ~ [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=373380&TabID=3134226][u]Weathertop Militia[/u][/url][/color][/b]

    [b][color=lightgreen]Guardian ~ Race of Man[/color][/b]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload