We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Be A Good Guardian Part 2- DPS

Hey all, This is Smidgett of Nimrodel here to continue my posts on how to be a good guardian! Today I will go over how to successfully dps on a guardian.

DPS-

It is very easy to dps on your guardian. The stance Overpower is what you want to go in. You also should probably have a 2 handed weapon. When dps I find that

doing a rotation of sting, stagger, force oppening, and brutal assult gives me good damage. Also if you are dpsing spam overwhelm and to the king as much as

possible. This should make you able to do fair dps on any mob. I would not recommend going dps for high healthed mobs. Anything above 25,000 morale would be

hard. When traiting for dps it's very easy. Here is a list of traits you should probably trait for dps-

Hit Where It Hurts

Raw Power

Stinging Blow

Blocking Force

Strong Lungs

Stoic

Brave Heart

These traits basicly supercharge your big dps skills. Brave heart will reduce your Warrior's Heart/Fortitude cooldown and Stoic gives you mitigations. Here is a list of legendary traits you should slot-

Hemorage

To The King

Challenge the Darknes

You slot hemorage because it makes Brutal Assult have a 50% chance to apply a that does 150 damage or so, even more with the bleed damage legacy. To The King does awsome damage. Why I choose challenge the darkness is Guardian's Threat is useless when dpsing (also useless for any other build), Shield Smash is useless because you are using a 2 hander, and you can't slot Heart of Fire or Litany Master because of the way your traited. Keep the same virtues and racial traits. As far as gear goes just use the same gear you use to tank. If you have any gear that gives you Melee Critical Rating slot that instead of your current ones unless your crit rating is already capped. NEVER traits dps when going group unless asked to. NEVER go dps when you are supposed to tank. DPS Traiting is basicly only for deeding, soloing, and any other grind intensive class where you need to kill things fast. This post isn't as long as the last one because it is really easy to dps! I'll see you back in part 3 as we discuss how to pvp on a guardian.

Re: How to Be A Good Guardian Part 2- DPS

This post is already misleading enough please don't make another thread when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
    This post is already misleading enough please don't make another thread when you have no idea what you're talking about.
    You don't have to follow it. It's the way I play my guard. I find it to be very good. I can dps and tank very well on my guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderLowe View Post
    You don't have to follow it. It's the way I play my guard. I find it to be very good. I can dps and tank very well on my guardian.
    dats gangsta, man.

Personal oppinions differ from facts on many occasions, this is no exception.

This is a freaking simple guide not a What To Do In Every Single Occasion On Tanking And Other Things For Advanced Players. This is a simple guideline of how to basicly trait, gear, and skills for a guardian. Yeah you may know a better tanking rotation then me oh wow your just plain awsome now! I honestly don't give a flying flip. You don't like it there is a simple answer-DON'T RESPOND or even better Go Away!
    Last edited by XanderLowe; Sep 01 2010 at 09:13 PM.

This is a freaking simple guide not a What To Do In Every Single Occasion On Tanking And Other Things For Advanced Players. This is a simple guideline of how to basicly trait, gear, and skills for a guardian. Yeah you may know a better tanking rotation then me oh wow your just plain awsome now! I honestly don't give a flying ****. You don't like it there is a simple answer-DON'T RESPOND or even better Go Away!
    1 quick question.

1. Why here instead of the Guardian Forums?

Also, you posted this on a public discussion forum, you should be prepared to expect negative feedback. If you don't want feedback or want positive, post it on a blog.

Don't take this the wrong way, just don't expect to come on a public forum and get perfect agreement. (Although Xael was a bit rude xD)

My main reasons for being so dismissive is that this guide can lead new guardians in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by operaoneyes View Post
    dats gangsta, man.
    MC Da' Gangsta breakin through tha rankz!

Quote Originally Posted by drmahodi View Post
    MC Da' Gangsta breakin through tha rankz!
    That guy's a work horse. He releases a new album like 6 times a year. So hot these days.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000006847f/01008/signature.png]Balthinor[/charsig][/center]
    [center][size=3][color=#FFCC33]Lorimur 65 Champion, Rank 5[/color][/size][/center]
    [center] [size=4][color=#CC0000] Successor of [url=http://l33tvengeance.com/]Vengeance[/url] [/color][/size][/center]

Just in case you're not sure who you're taking advice from, I recommend you watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxme37I3OKQ

Maybe that will help to make it clear how valid this opinion is.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000006847f/01008/signature.png]Balthinor[/charsig][/center]
    [center][size=3][color=#FFCC33]Lorimur 65 Champion, Rank 5[/color][/size][/center]
    [center] [size=4][color=#CC0000] Successor of [url=http://l33tvengeance.com/]Vengeance[/url] [/color][/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Balthinor View Post
    Just in case you're not sure who you're taking advice from, I recommend you watch this:

yeah because how old a person is and what they look like makers a difference. Eh I don't care I hate you all anyways!

yeah because how old a person is and what they look like makers a difference. Eh I don't care I hate you all anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by operaoneyes View Post
    lol that's epic

Quote Originally Posted by Balthinor View Post

oh and just to tell you that was made 2 1/2 years ago. Put on youtube much later so yay lets post something of a person 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!! woohoo for you. Smart Points have been added to your bank

Quote Originally Posted by huntermaniac View Post
    1 quick question.

1. Why here instead of the Guardian Forums?

Also, you posted this on a public discussion forum, you should be prepared to expect negative feedback. If you don't want feedback or want positive, post it on a blog.

Don't take this the wrong way, just don't expect to come on a public forum and get perfect agreement. (Although Xael was a bit rude xD)
    I didn't know there was a guardian forums until recently. I've not even visited the forums for 1 1/2 years on the game. Regretting my decision to try and help now but eh whatever. I really don't care about the "Know everything about everything" peoples opinions. I'm the kind of person that laughs at people doing that.

Wait, I'm confused, Justin Bieber? My daughter loves Justin Bieber! He's the new Hannah Montana. I'm so confused I don't even know what's going on. I need to go ask my kid. Brb.

Don't give up smidge, if you help one person you've done something for the free peoples.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001580ae/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Be Excellent To Each Other

Once again, any Guardian that needs any help look me up in game, if you DID read this thread, before I can help you you must drink yourself senseless and forget everything you saw.

Edit: You would have been eaten alive in the Guardian forums, for your sake I'm glad you didn't know about them.

I really don't care about the "Know everything about everything" peoples opinions. I'm the kind of person that laughs at people doing that.
    Not knowing is so much better. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    Not knowing is so much better. Oh wait...

+rep, Blondie I <3 Dilbert.

Smidge, thanks for the laughs, but please . . .
    don't. Kthnxbye.

Sorry for any mis-information I may have caused. I was giving my personal view that helped me by an old friend playing from the start of lotro gave me. If you find it usefull great! If your already a "well-oiled" guardian like Xaelwen you probably have found this of no use. But since someone who takes time to look at a post if they already know how to be a good guardian either sucks (Xael probably doesn't) or is a troll which I'm guessing is the case. Either way I don't really care. As long as 1 person got a piece of good information that is usefull to them I consider my job done.
    And yes this is a copy from the 1st post. I am way to lazy to type it again.

Xaelwen you probably have found this of no use. But since someone who takes time to look at a post if they already know how to be a good guardian either sucks (Xael probably doesn't)
    I'm glad I have your approval, while I can see you meant no harm by your posts I would retire while you "ahead" if I were you.

oh and just to tell you that was made 2 1/2 years ago. Put on youtube much later so yay lets post something of a person 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!! woohoo for you. Smart Points have been added to your bank
    The newer stuff is much better, you're right.

I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by corey00 View Post
    i Like Turtles.
    ^^ 12345678899000
    Xalgar, Xalterra, Xaltemis, Xaldo, Armoured, Oldhag
    Glurrg, Gluurg, Commendationz, Manchops, Mothnon
    [IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/10817375250lotro_lotro26.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast