We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How to be a Good Guardian Part 1-By The Smidgett

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
    To any guardians looking for help/advice that will point you in the right direction, look me up on any of my toons and I will be vey happy to help. For now I'll pre-empt your need for help and say that you will not likely find it in this thread.

from what i've heard around smidge is a good guard. this is his take. neither you nor he (assuming) have the monopoly on how to play that class. please remember your kindergarten lessons and don't say anything at all next time.
    Gone but not forgotten: Misty Mountain Silver, Monster-specific Craft Ingredients, Man-heal being a +75% full health heal, Monster Aggro Halos (that extended past their noses!)

Quote Originally Posted by vladirenter View Post
    from what i've heard around smidge is a good guard. this is his take. neither you nor he (assuming) have the monopoly on how to play that class. please remember your kindergarten lessons and don't say anything at all next time.
    Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

To make a delicious Peanut butter sandwich, follow these simple steps:

Step 1)
    Take a pound or two or of hamburger.
    Step 2)
    Place in a mixing bowl, sprinkle in some spices & ketchup.
    Step 3)
    Mix spices into hamburger meat with hands. Form small disk-like objects with the meat.
    Step 4)
    Place on Bar-B-Q and cook until brown. Place on bun and enjoy.

Best PB&J sammich ever.
    [color=#440000]Olnas[/color] - [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?356167-Evil-and-Stuff-Like-That-We-kill-so-you-don-t-have-to.][color=red]Evil and Stuff Like That[/color][/url]

Whooooooooooosh.

you're gonna love first grade; they teach you how to not stick your nose in other people's business!
    argh i'm a killerrrr
    you are lolTS'dGREYbarDEAD'ded

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    So you do care then?

./pet-hate
    I love you for this.

When I get the time I'll multi-quote your entire OP and tell you exactly why each and everythig you've said is not quite there, at that point you can feel free to edit your OP and inform the masses to read my severely altered and correct version of your post.

Kids, kids, why all the hate? Can't we all just get alo... who am I kidding, I love it. Keep going.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006e2c8/01000/signature.png]Hrolph[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by operaoneyes View Post
    you're gonna love first grade; they teach you how to not stick your nose in other people's business!
    I'm pretty sure you have to pass Politeness 101 and read all 47 chapters of "My Big Book of Human Decency" in Kindergarten before you can progress.

(not saying I agree with the OP's viewpoints necessarily...but I mean, come on).

OP: I do believe that in the future, you would be best to at least add a disclaimer that your comments are opinion in nature only, rather than (accidentally or otherwise) implying fact.

Otherwise...well.
    Well you have seen the rest of the thread right?
    Puny metal sticks not stop Dargnahk!
    Kinship: Neled Gwaith - Guardian/Burglar/Captain/Minstrel/Hunter 75. Champion, Lore-master 65 or above. Rune-Keeper (47), Warden (31).

Quote Originally Posted by Laretes View Post
    Biggest issues I have with lots of guards: Learn to 'tank' more than one target. Anyone can keep aggro on one target (boss or elite or sig).
    If you can't keep aggro on a whole group of mobs you are not a tank and you will cause your fellowship to wipe in difficult situations.
    Bring a Warden
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by XanderLowe View Post
    Guess who doesn't really care? Me! What was failed to be mentioned was what was apparently bad or lame or false about the post. That is why I say troll.
    You don't know trolling. Trolling would be what you got if you posted this load of drivel on the Guardian forums. You would probably close the thread yourself for fear of being violated any further.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000006847f/01008/signature.png]Balthinor[/charsig][/center]
    [center][size=3][color=#FFCC33]Lorimur 65 Champion, Rank 5[/color][/size][/center]
    [center] [size=4][color=#CC0000] Successor of [url=http://l33tvengeance.com/]Vengeance[/url] [/color][/size][/center]

Actually, the people on the guardian forums would probably be supportive and help Smige with anything they thought was needing correction. I find that most people in the class forums want to teach, not just tear people down to boost their own egos, but whatever.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000076127/signature.png]Norrell[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbassboy View Post
    Question I have...why do people always put guard, or tanks up as main target asssists??? That makes no sense to me at all.... The best guard I played with was constantly switching between mobs to keep their agro on him.
    Its usally for healers to target the guard. If I ever put a guard on RaT I also put a DPS class as another. Cause yeah I agree, guards make terrible RaT's, I know I am constantly switching targets, though somewhat less so now then in SoA because of +AoE targets and litany of defiance.

As for the OP...um...lets just say im glad it was a eye destroying wall of text or I might have read it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c9606/signature.png]Leaveittoweaver[/charsig]
    [b]FREEPS:[/b] Vinyara - Morrdan 65 guard, Morrindir 51 capt, Addle lv 65 burg
    [b]CREEPS:[/b] The Black Blade - Prematurattakulation r7 reaver, Deputydawg r7 warg,

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmstanding View Post
    Its usally for healers to target the guard. If I ever put a guard on RaT I also put a DPS class as another. Cause yeah I agree, guards make terrible RaT's, I know I am constantly switching targets, though somewhat less so now then in SoA because of +AoE targets and litany of defiance.

As for the OP...um...lets just say im glad it was a eye destroying wall of text or I might have read it.
    Reason for RAT: To see what health the boss is without targeting it xD
    Blame the players.

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    Reason for RAT: To see what health the boss is without targeting it xD
    uh yeah...and that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c9606/signature.png]Leaveittoweaver[/charsig]
    [b]FREEPS:[/b] Vinyara - Morrdan 65 guard, Morrindir 51 capt, Addle lv 65 burg
    [b]CREEPS:[/b] The Black Blade - Prematurattakulation r7 reaver, Deputydawg r7 warg,

Quote Originally Posted by stranger7 View Post
    Actually, the people on the guardian forums would probably be supportive and help Smige with anything they thought was needing correction. I find that most people in the class forums want to teach, not just tear people down to boost their own egos, but whatever.
    You've never actually seen someone say something idiotic in the guard forums, have you?

Class forums make the PvP forums look friendly by comparison, then there's the hellhole that is the Raid and Instance forums.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Class forums make the PvP forums look friendly by comparison, then there's the hellhole that is the Raid and Instance forums.
    And then there's 4chan.
    Blame the players.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderLowe View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. 1. Tanking Blah, blah, blah.
    Nice post, thanks. Wish I had read it 2 years ago before I learned to tank the hard way.

Why Valour and not additional mitigation/defence/resist, e.g., Empathy or Discipline, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by BINKLEY1 View Post
    Nice post, thanks. Wish I had read it 2 years ago before I learned to tank the hard way.

Why Valour and not additional mitigation/defence/resist, e.g., Empathy or Discipline, etc.?
    I'd suggest traiting patience, you'll need a LOT of it if you're relying on this thread to make you a good Guardian.

Thumbs up Re: How to be a Good Guardian Part 1-By The Smidgett

shame on me for missing an inside joke or sticking up for someone getting slammed by the nimrod forum posters it doesn't matter if they got something wrong or not. i'd do it again

1. join nimrodel clique
    2. blast anyone who doesn't play your way
    3. see step 2

my bad for forgetting the rules. not sorry tho
    Gone but not forgotten: Misty Mountain Silver, Monster-specific Craft Ingredients, Man-heal being a +75% full health heal, Monster Aggro Halos (that extended past their noses!)

I actually read this post before Xael and had the same initial reaction. I didn't choose to make a post or anything of the sort for several reasons, First of which being, I don't care enough. Second, you can tank however you want, even if it means being a hypocrite and berating guards for not knowing class traits, then completely misunderstanding "traits with useless partial block/parry" and traiting litany (Lol, litany). Third, properly played guards are god-mode in the moors, and have only avoided the nerf hammer because of other guards who don't know how to play their class, so I welcome posts like this and recommend more (I can't wait for Part 3).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000551c5/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mediocre minds are always jealous, and inclined to surround themselves with persons of little ability, fearing the reputation of being led...

Quote Originally Posted by Coger_Dark View Post
    I actually read this post before Xael and had the same initial reaction. I didn't choose to make a post or anything of the sort for several reasons, First of which being, I don't care enough. Second, you can tank however you want, even if it means being a hypocrite and berating guards for not knowing class traits, then completely misunderstanding "traits with useless partial block/parry" and traiting litany (Lol, litany). Third, properly played guards are god-mode in the moors, and have only avoided the nerf hammer because of other guards who don't know how to play their class, so I welcome posts like this and recommend more (I can't wait for Part 3).
    You can count Nimrodel's solid (active) pvp Guards on 1 hand quite easily as you well know. I will also thank you for "getting it" for the sake of my own sanity <3

Thank You Smidgett!
    I did not know how to play my guardian very well and what you posted taught me a ton!
    I would have liked to know how to use a guardian solo, but this will get me started on being a better Guardian!

So I read the OP...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by hrekin View Post
    So I read the OP...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Blame the players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2