We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

OzRaid 2: The Sequel!

For 11 months now, a small band of Australians have been raiding in the Pacific/Australian timezone (8.30pm AEST, 6.30am US EST). We call ourselves "The Inglorious Disasters", and it truly is a fitting name! 11 men and women, and 1 hobbit venture forth into foolishness... Sometimes, despite the hobbit *heh*, we make it through 12-man raids!

Our numbers grew, our helpers grew, and now we're quite a few people.

Hence, OzRaid 2 has begun!

OzRaid 2 (official name pending!) seeks players interested in end-game raiding who dwell or are on Australian evenings. Again, that's 8.30pm Australian east-coast time, 6.30am US east-coast/server time.

The aim's to form a second group of foolish souls who're interested in fun & content over competition & gear. It's a long-term commitment, likely 2x/week, but very rewarding! Also, skill levels may vary, so the good times will come with a few wipes, made less bitter when everything 'clicks'.

The Raid will likely explore DN content to begin with, for bonding and learning purposes, followed by whatever you can talk the leader into! (Helegrod, the Rift, Annuminas, 6-man skirmishes, CHICKEN RUNS!!!).

Note I'm the support, not the leader What does that mean?!? I'm putting the group together, likely drop in from time-to-time to help, but it will be led by one of the wisest and kindest souls on the server.

If you're interested, reply below OR you could send me (Sethco / Rothco) a tell/mail in-game.

~ Rothco Wobblebottom: RETURNED! and hungry! ~

Re: OzRaid 2: The Sequel!

Elves. You forgot Elves. And Dwarves. Also, Dwarves.

Hullo once more!

It's been one month (or there abouts) and the 'Inelegant Disasters' (OzRaid 2) exist. They're about 8 in number, and seeking new, permanent people.

I will say they're as big a bumch of goofballs as our first Australian raid group, but I'd be lying... They're BIGGER, and GOOFIER than us!

In all seriousness: the group's seeking around about 4 more people to 'stabilise', and progress onwards through content - initially 'bonding' instances and raids, working towards BG and new content when it's (shortly!) released!

Send Rothco/Sethco a mail, or reply to this thread if you're lvl 65, on at 5.30am US EST (that's 8.30pm AEST), and want to raid in a fun, and still developing group. The rewards are wide and varied, as proven by our 1st raid group, the 'Inglorious Disasters', which has been together for a year now (geez, is it that long!).

After my newly found raiding confidence I will gladly join you.

~Enemy.

What nights where you thinking of having these on? Raid group 1 is Thrudsay and Sunday ?

Hmm...
    This thread was started back in September. I've had 2-3 people express interest in the last week!

The "Inglorious Disasters" is now led by Ultiheart. The group runs on Sundays and Wednesdays 8.30pm Aus EST.

Just a note: I (Sethco/Rothco) will likely no longer be able to raid due to a change in bandwidth (moving irl for awhile, no ADSL in the area O_o, so will be using a cell/mobile modem which has sucked re: instances and raids in the past!).

Hence the transfer in leadership to the goofy guy with the shield He's a nice guy -- just goofy, and continues to Shield Wall EVERYTHING!

The 2nd Ozraid group sort of drifted in limbo throughout September and October. The person whom I asked to lead was afk for about 6-weeks, and the "Disasters" had some lineup issues during this time as well... So without that psychotic individual driving the group forward, it stalled.

HOWEVER, now there's some renewed interest, 6-8 key people from the original lineup + those 'asking questions'... IT COULD HAPPEN!

It needs a leader. It needs direction. It needs YOU!

Once I know how shafted I'll be re: bandwidth, I can make a few calls.
    As for times/dates... They're open at the moment, as not much is happening.

PM Sethco/Rothco, or mail me in-game for more information or to discuss!

I can bring ol' Captionation to help; been a while since I played, but I can play full-time starting in a few days.
    [center][b]<Free Peoples> | <The Beorning>[/b][/center][center][color=lightgreen][b]Caption[/b] - Captionation[/color] | [color=red][b]Chaption[/b] - Ownage Champion[/color][/center]
    [center][b][color=lightgreen]Ungolianta[/color] | [color=white]Sharps[/b][/color][/center]
    [center][b][color=black]Nimrodel[/color][/center][/b]

Ok: Initial concept test of a cell modem: 450-600 latency. Double my current latency. This was not in the location where I will shortly be residing.

I did manage to down the Lieutenant HM on a cell modem in Australia!!! Minor miracle in itself. Healing the trash pulls to the Lieutenant was horrible...

Over the course of the next 2-3 weeks I'll try to find some more interested players, and collect them together (like glue). Times/days would be variable I imagine. The next steps can be discussed when all heads are online at an agreed time.
    Last edited by sirgorthorn; Nov 10 2010 at 02:46 AM.

I can contribute a geared 65 Mini (150 rad) or half geared 65 Guard.. prefer the Mini to be honest, at this stage but whatever is needed.

I would like to commit my warden Seth.

Triller

I would like to derail this thread and say that Thulphant is super awesome.
    Last edited by onyxsunrise; Nov 18 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thread successfully derailed as thul is semi-awesome.

Yes, yes, Thulphant is semi-awesome.
    His Warden Triller though is kinda girlie