We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Free 2 Play F A Q

Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    D19. Monthly VIP Points (edited for clarity)
    Monthly VIP points will be granted within 2-3 days after the successful payment (or monthly anniversary for multi-month and Lifetime subscriptions).

Wait a minute. If we start the F2P system September 8th, won't we get our points then?

Are you saying we would have to wait from launch until our "anniversary date" to get our TP?

In other words, if we started, say, on the 30th of some month, we will have to wait until September 30th to get our points?

The question concerns lifetime and founder accounts...

Thank you in advance for clarification on this issue.
    Last edited by SeigneurDude; Aug 24 2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeigneurDude View Post
    In other words, if we started, say, on the 30th of some month, we will have to wait until September 30th to get our points?
    Yes, that's correct for our 500 TP/month. I presume they're spreading the load on the servers (and any related mass e-mailings) that way. Reminds me of my gradeschool days when they seemed to do everything in alphabetical order. My last name comes towards the end of the alphabet, so I'm used to this .

Khafar

Smile Re: Free 2 Play F A Q

So the question I have is I previously subscribed to LOTRO I think I believe I am a founding member however my account is not currently active so when I added my Beta key to my Turbine account it started a trial account for beta access. My question is when will I be able to access my original LOTRO account to play will it automatically become active or how does that work Ive seen FAQS that have danced around this question sort of but never saw this exact question answered? If this has been answered I apologize there is so much info to take in after being out of game for so long. Thank You in advance.

Will there be anything for VIP customers to buy for their creep characters?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620501000004cc5f/signature.png]Qillyu[/charsig]

Please stop bumping. This is a violation of the CoC and will result in action being taken. Please be patient. All questions will be answered when I am able to provide a thoroughly verified official launch answer. And yes, checking to see if I saw your post counts as a bump. There are a lot of questions in this thread.

Please stop debating. As Sapience has said, if this continues, action will be taken. Answer once and if they don't like your answer or you aren't sure, just let it be and I (or another Dev or Mod) will answer.

Answers coming.
    Last edited by Victorie; Aug 24 2010 at 09:02 PM.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

D1.3 Account Status @ Launch
    Accounts will retain their current subscription/price plan status at launch. The player can chose to make any change via the Account Management website.
    -Subscribed accounts will remain subscribed, which translates to VIP access.
    -Accounts that were previously upgraded with a key, or that subscription fees were paid on will have Premium Status. You can chose to upgrade to VIP at any point and re-subscribe.
    -Free/Trial/Guest/Referral/Beta accounts that were never upgraded will have Free access. You can chose to upgrade at any point to VIP by subscribing. Any points purchase (with real world money) will upgrade the account to Premium.

D2.2 The Gold Cap and Escrow
    Money will accumulate over the cap for a character, and the money above the cap has no limit. However, the money will not actually be delivered to the character's wallet until the cap is removed. You cannot spend down gold to access the escrow.
    You can remove the cap by purchasing the Remove Gold Restriction offer from the store (also see S5). The cap does not apply to VIP subscribers. The only exception is for a Premium account which has been downgraded from VIP: any character which was played while an account was VIP will continue to not have the gold cap.

D4.1 Riding and the Store
    The riding skill can be purchased in the store. The only restriction is that the character you are purchasing the riding trait for must have acquired the Passive Skill: Novice. This is earned by completing the beginning experience.

D23. Swift Travel
    Most swift travel is VIP-only. You can purchase an item from the store which temporarily unlocks it for Free/Premium as well. There are a few exceptions – notably the swift routes in the beginning areas.

D24. Crafting Guilds, Crafting Restrictions and Store Purchase
    Everyone can join a crafting guild once they are at the expert tier of the profession with a guild.
    In order to be able to advance to farther than acquaintance standing, you have to buy access to the crafting guild from the webstore.
    If you are a VIP you get this ability automatically.
    If you become a Premium from VIP, you can advance within the current tier and get as much reputation as you want, but you won’t advance to the next tier unless you buy the item or subscribe again.

D25. Skirmish
    Skirmish soldier ranks are gated at 7 for a non-Moria account.
    For accounts with the Moria upgrade, the skirmish rank is gated at 15.
    For accounts with the Mirkwood upgrade, the skirmish rank is gated at 25.
    More skirmish information will be forthcoming.

D26. Character Slots
    Free players have access to 2 character slots.
    Premium players have access to 3 character slots.
    VIP players have access to 5 character slots.

D26.1 Additional Character Slots
    Additional character slots can be purchased.
    Moria includes 2 additional character slots.
    The Adventurer's Pack includes 2 additional character slots.
    Additional character slots can be purchased in the web store, up to a limit of (number being confirmed).

D26.2 Extra characters/slots when I downgrade?
    If you downgrade from VIP to Premium, you will lose access to 2 character slots. If all of the character slots are filled prior to the downgrade, you will be prompted to pick which characters you would like access to when you log in after the downgrade takes effect. CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE DELETED, you just won't be able to access them unless you purchase additional character slots, or upgrade to VIP again.
    If you purchase additional character slots, you keep those additional character slots, regardless of any changes to your account. For example, if you are VIP and you have 5 character slots, and you purchase 2 additional character slots (not related to Mirkwood or the AdvPk) for a total of 7 character slots. If you downgrade to Premium you will then have a total of 5 character slots.

Further clarification regarding Points (Bonus and VIP) and upgrade options/access and any other questions not answered in this post will be provided. Most (if not all) will likely be answered tomorrow. If your questions has not been answered in this post, please be patient.
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

<good stuff>
    Don't get overwhelmed you're doing a great job on these stickies

You deserve a raise and a cookie

Thanks for the information.

D25. Skirmish
    For accounts with the Mirkwood upgrade, the skirmish rank is gated at 25.
    Interesting, the present live system is capped at rank 20 isn't it? The top rank is being raised with the release of the F2P patch? (sorry if I missed that info).

Quote Originally Posted by Polvere View Post

Interesting, the present live system is capped at rank 20 isn't it? The top rank is being raised with the release of the F2P patch? (sorry if I missed that info).
    With skirmishes being redone to allow level 20 players to play them, the soldiers skill/ ability ranks had to be redone to account for the extra 10 levels. That means there's some extra ranks in there now. It also means when you log in that you'll have to reallocated your soldiers ranks- skirmish marks that you spent on them are refunded and you have to buy them again.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Ok, maybe I'm confused by the fever I have but let me get this straight.

Let's say I have SoA, have my 5 character slots (or whatever it was with SoA, it has been a while since then), and am subscribed to VIP. Then I decide to drop from VIP to Premium and with that I lose 2 slots that I already paid for when I bought SoA and have to buy them again?

Same with quests. SoA again, I go from VIP to Premium and lose the quests (in, let's say, Lone Lands) that I already bought when I got SoA and have to buy them again?

Not an issue for me, I'm a lifer, but I'm sure some people will find that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Polvere View Post

The top rank is only being raised numerically because there are additional ranks below it now that skirmishes start at 20.

Thx welden. Sirwillow, attitude mon, attitude.

So basically I pay for them when I buy SoA, but when I drop my sub and go premium I have to pay for them again.

Maybe it's my high temperature, but... Paying twice for the same content? Gotta check if LOTRO is owned by my government, after all only they come up with such ideas...

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Cleaned out all the noise again, and as promised we're now locked.

Victorie will continue to update her original post as she deems necessary.

Hey guys,

I will continue to post updates at the end of this thread, and include the updates in the original posts as well. I will further clarify some posted information, and will answer more of the questions previously posted.

If you have a NEW question regarding LOTRO Free to Play, you may PM me with that question. Please note that you will NOT receive a PM response.

I will provide answers in this thread, at my discretion. Most questions will likely be answered, some may not.
    Please only submit a question once. Multiple submissions/spamming will be ignored.
    Please do not send opinions or requests for changes. These are best submitted on the Suggestion forum. I will not forward any opinions or suggestions sent to me.

Thank you for your continued consideration and patience.
    Victorie

New questions! These will also be posted in the original posts.

S7. Account Store Items - Any limitations?
    "Account" changing items such as character slots, shared bank space, quest packs, classes, etc are subscription wide. I specify subscription instead of account because you can have multiple subscriptions on a single account. You can have AC, DDO and LOTRO all on a single account (single username) or even multiple DDO and LOTRO subscriptions on a single account (username).

S7.1 Shared Bank Space
    If you purchase the shared bank space, you have access to a server specific shared bank space on all of the servers. You can't use shared bank space to transfer items between servers.

PT10. Do points transfer between games or separate subscriptions on an account?
    No. Turbine points are subscription specific. I specify subscription instead of account because you can have multiple subscriptions on a single account. You can have AC, DDO and LOTRO all on a single account (single username) or even multiple DDO and LOTRO subscriptions on a single account (username). The points are specific to the subscription they are earned on/purchased on, not to the entire account. Points are not bound to server.

D26.3 - Character Limitations per Server
    These base character limitations are per server. For example, without any additional purchase, as a Premium player you can have up to 3 characters on each server.

Last edited by Victorie; Aug 27 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3