We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up CotA Expanding Ranks for the Fall

Greetings fellow inhabitants of Firefoot,

As one could guess by the mere existence of this thread, Champions of the Ages is embarking upon a recruitment push in order to beef up the ranks a bit in preparation for the upcoming Fall release.

--Generic General Info--

We're a smaller-medium sized kin (20 - 25 active individuals) that's been around since the waning days of open beta and have steadily pressed onward with the game. That makes us old, though we don't yet feel it.

On the whole, we're a casual kin in the sense that we do not require a certain amount of play time or devotion, nor will you find us raiding 4 times a week, and of course the ol' nagging life in the real world comes first.

We welcome all play styles, aside from the 'raid or die hardcore' types... not b/c there isn't a place for that in the game, but we just won't be able to, umm, meet your needs, so to speak.

Oh, we have a website and ventrilo.

--What CotA Peeps Need To Do--

Respect kinnies and non-kinnies alike.
    Leave any elitist tendencies behind.
    Be willing to be advised and help advise in turn.
    Kick it in Middle-earth.

--Why We're Recruiting--

We'd like to get a few people in prior to the fall release so that they can get comfy in the ranks and help us welcome new and returning players to the game and the kinship, as well as push forward with the game's content.

Currently, we enjoy doing all of the 6-man instances and skirmishes in the game, do the Turtle (12-man 1 boss kill) twice a week to help people get First Ages if they want, and have started attacking those freakishly horrid creeps in the Ettenmoors on Friday nights.

Our rough plan moving forward is to jump right into the 6 and 12 man scaled instances coming out in the Fall, as well as make our own path into Dar Narbugud, casually raid for those interested, and tackle other current and upcoming content.

--In Closing--

More info about us can be found at our site: http://cota.guildportal.com.

If you have any questions, please post here, send a PM here, a mail in-game, look up any CotA member, or contact an officer: Gonzard/Gonzorian, Thestud, Akkarin/Stingzz, Turnholm/Balandolen/Turn, Dolcetorta/Jillyan/Bellaward, Wired/Yoker/Banksrus, Rosalila/Lalaraen.

Apologies for the length... thanks kindly for reading/skimming, and hopefully we'll chat soon or just see ya along the way.

/bow
    Gonz
    Last edited by DrGonzo403; Aug 19 2010 at 10:51 PM.
    [center] --> [url="http://cota.guildportal.com"]Champions of the Ages[/url] <-- [/center]
    [center][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/gonzard/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000004acac/01008/signature.png]Gonzard[/charsig][/url]
    Gonzodor, Gonzorian, Gonzoric, others -- [color=green][b]Founder and Lifer in Middle Earth[/b][/color][/center]

Re: CotA Expanding Ranks for the Fall

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo403 View Post
    We're a smaller-medium sized kin (20 - 25 active individuals) that's been around since the waning days of open beta and have steadily pressed onward with the game. That makes us old, though we don't yet feel it.
    Don't let Gonz's 1950's charm fool you hes quite old

I wanted to throw in a little persective from a recently joined member (recent compared to most of the kin ) mainly to let you know gonz isn't pulling your leg with this stuff. I joined the Kin back in May and they are agruably the most helpful group of people i've met in my MMO experience they've been able to answer any question i've thrown at them (and trust me that was a lot of questions). Need something crafted? Not a problem there are so many crafted alts hanging around you can usually always find someone in kin to help you craft anything your looking for. And if you need help with the content there will always be someone to step up and give you a hand, last week we helped a lvl 55 kinmate run an epic book quest with 2 65's and a 60 i've never seen anything look so easy. They are also quite the talkitive bunch very rarely do you find a prolonged quiet time in chat . All in all its a fantastic group of people and worth your time to check out.
    The LOTRO Store is loaded with [b]thousands of convenience items as well as[/b] expansion packs, premium content, additional character slots, [b]potions[/b], character customization and more! -----Very interesting :p

We don't suck, that's for sure.

But I am the only one on at 2:30 in the morning (central).

Unless Yoke had to bio and decided to put in a couple hours of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post

haha yea the bulk of us are EST i imagine that stinks being the last one on

on a side note i wonder how disapointed gonz is each time he comes back to the forum he sees a response so he opens the topic thinking hes got a new recruit or someone looking to join and he finds us
    The LOTRO Store is loaded with [b]thousands of convenience items as well as[/b] expansion packs, premium content, additional character slots, [b]potions[/b], character customization and more! -----Very interesting :p

I'm EST, i have many awesome tunes & I am very interested in joining your kin!!!

BTW, I'm very impressed by the leader's post..perfect spelling & indentation, it has a beginning, middle, and an end!!!

Quite possibly the bestest recruitment post ever written.
    Last edited by RethcirYor; Aug 23 2010 at 07:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001233cf/signature.png]Smellybutt[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gerp View Post
    Don't let Gonz's 1950's charm fool you hes quite old

I wanted to throw in a little persective from a recently joined member (recent compared to most of the kin ) mainly to let you know gonz isn't pulling your leg with this stuff. I joined the Kin back in May and they are agruably the most helpful group of people i've met in my MMO experience they've been able to answer any question i've thrown at them (and trust me that was a lot of questions). Need something crafted? Not a problem there are so many crafted alts hanging around you can usually always find someone in kin to help you craft anything your looking for. And if you need help with the content there will always be someone to step up and give you a hand, last week we helped a lvl 55 kinmate run an epic book quest with 2 65's and a 60 i've never seen anything look so easy. They are also quite the talkitive bunch very rarely do you find a prolonged quiet time in chat . All in all its a fantastic group of people and worth your time to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gerp View Post
    haha yea the bulk of us are EST i imagine that stinks being the last one on.

on a side note i wonder how disapointed gonz is each time he comes back to the forum he sees a response so he opens the topic thinking hes got a new recruit or someone looking to join and he finds us
    Quote Originally Posted by RethcirYor View Post
    I'm EST, i have many awesome tunes & I am very interested in joining your kin!!!

BTW, I'm very impressed by the leader's post..perfect spelling & indentation, it has a beginning, middle, and an end!!!

Quite possibly the bestest recruitment post ever written.
    got us some kin jesters here, i see! thanks for the comments fellas

--------------

update just around the corner and still recruiting in lead up to it... will grab a few new players as well when they hit the servers.

all classes and levels welcome, although higher level RKs and champs are the most lonely in kin at the moment (so we need those ).
    [center] --> [url="http://cota.guildportal.com"]Champions of the Ages[/url] <-- [/center]
    [center][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/gonzard/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000004acac/01008/signature.png]Gonzard[/charsig][/url]
    Gonzodor, Gonzorian, Gonzoric, others -- [color=green][b]Founder and Lifer in Middle Earth[/b][/color][/center]

Hope everyone's enjoying the update thus far. If you're looking for a place to relax and venture forth, check us out if you have a minute.

We're digging the new instance revamps and working towards symbols, Annuminas, and Helegrod sets.

If you have any questions for me, please post in this thread or send a PM on the forums as it's a brutally busy week in RL and I won't be in the game very much. Alternatively, feel free to contact any officers or members in game as well.

Take 'er easy Firefoot - I know that you will,
    -Gonz

Aye, Gonz has got a lot going on this week, so if you want to send a PM, you can send it to me and I'll try and set things in motion.

Also, anyone else think its a bit funny how the icon for our post is "thumbs down", but it's supposed to be "thumbs up"? The tooltip even says "up".
    Last edited by MataTahu; Sep 15 2010 at 10:37 PM.
    [B][COLOR=red]Turn[/COLOR] - Guardian
    [COLOR=red]Balandolen[/COLOR] - Lore-master
    [COLOR=red]Turnholm[/COLOR] - Minstrel

[/B]