We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just curious, how much gold can you have?

Does anyone know what the gold limit is? How much you can have, max? I think I once read on the forums, during SoA, it was 1000 gold, but no one seemed sure.

BTW, I am not asking how much gold people have, that's not the question (just want to be clear that I am not being a nosy hobbit.. just a curious one ). I just want to know, in general, what the cap is.

Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

Re: Just curious, how much gold can you have?

I can safely tell you that the cap isn't 1,000G.

Maybe 9,999G 999S and 99C. Or maybe none even.
    [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][B][I]-[/I][/B][B][I] Edheluilas : [/I][/B][I] 68[/I][I] Champion [/I][B][I]- Edheluila : [/I][/B][I]7[/I][I]5 Hunter[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Ceolhem : 7[/I][/B][I]5 Burglar[/I][B][I] -[/I][I] Dwormurin [/I][I]: 65[/I][/B][I] Guardian[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Andryella : [/I][/B][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2]55 Loremaster[/SIZE] -[B]Darkwill :[/B] 65 Captain[/I][/FONT][I]
    Members of Insurrection[SIZE=1]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000041707/01000/signature.png]Ceolhem[/charsig][/SIZE][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialdemons View Post
    I can safely tell you that the cap isn't 1,000G.

Maybe 9,999G 999S and 99C. Or maybe none even.
    We are talking computers. There is always a cap. The cap maybe be large enough that we do not have to worry about it. Assuming Turbine used a 64 bit integer you could have something over 10 quintillion (where a quintillion is 10 to the 18th). It would interesting to see if they could display a number that big on the character sheet.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    We are talking computers. There is always a cap. The cap maybe be large enough that we do not have to worry about it. Assuming Turbine used a 64 bit integer you could have something over 10 quintillion (where a quintillion is 10 to the 18th).
    Yeah, I may have chosen my words poorly.

This is what I meant when I said no cap. A cap of 99,999G for me is pretty much as good as no cap as it is a number no one is likely to reach.

But yeah, you're right, there's always a limit to everything in the computer field, heh.
    [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][B][I]-[/I][/B][B][I] Edheluilas : [/I][/B][I] 68[/I][I] Champion [/I][B][I]- Edheluila : [/I][/B][I]7[/I][I]5 Hunter[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Ceolhem : 7[/I][/B][I]5 Burglar[/I][B][I] -[/I][I] Dwormurin [/I][I]: 65[/I][/B][I] Guardian[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Andryella : [/I][/B][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2]55 Loremaster[/SIZE] -[B]Darkwill :[/B] 65 Captain[/I][/FONT][I]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000041707/01000/signature.png]Ceolhem[/charsig][/SIZE][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    Does anyone know what the gold limit is? How much you can have, max? I think I once read on the forums, during SoA, it was 1000 gold, but no one seemed sure.

BTW, I am not asking how much gold people have, that's not the question (just want to be clear that I am not being a nosy hobbit.. just a curious one ). I just want to know, in general, what the cap is.

Thanks.
    During SoA I knew someone with over 1,400 gold, so that wasn't accurate. As posted above, I can also tell you that the gold cap is above 2,000. I'd be willing to bet that there is no cap. If you want to know, I'm sure we could try to round up folks on beta, and pool all of our gold together and see what we come up with.
    Eomin 75 Hunter
    Leader of Preying Mantis
    [Jeweled Bell] goes *Jingle Jangle*

Smile Re: Just curious, how much gold can you have?

Nada.

Don't have it on my beta character or my new trial now standard characters with any gold. How much broze or Silver does it take to get to Gold?
    New to LOTRO. I hail from the land of Guild Wars and Star Trek Online and other MMOs trying to carve a niche aagainst the blight on ew MMO expereinces that is World of Warcraft(*said with deep voice*).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000032e789/01000/signature.png]Audrielluie[/charsig]

You know, I went and checked at the character screen and in the field for money on the character screen, there doesn't seem to have enough space for a number higher than 9,999G.

But then again, a bank character is easy enough to make, if it is all it would take, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by theultimate13x View Post
    Nada.

Don't have it on my beta character or my new trial now standard characters with any gold. How much broze or Silver does it take to get to Gold?
    100 Copper to 1 Silver

1,000 Silver to 1 Gold.
    [/CENTER]

My guess? 18,446,744,073,709,551,615

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    During SoA I knew someone with over 1,400 gold, so that wasn't accurate. As posted above, I can also tell you that the gold cap is above 2,000. I'd be willing to bet that there is no cap. If you want to know, I'm sure we could try to round up folks on beta, and pool all of our gold together and see what we come up with.
    That could be interesting Just kind of as a fun thing to do. If you do it, let me know the result please .

Anyway, thanks everyone. I guess it's kind of like the old question, "how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie pop?"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialdemons View Post
    You know, I went and checked at the character screen and in the field for money on the character screen, there doesn't seem to have enough space for a number higher than 9,999G.
    I got enough skirmish marks on Tantalus that some of the panels can not handle it. The panels drops the right most digit. They can only handle four digits. Instead of 34,936. It displays 3493 - I can not remember what happened to the comma. You will see this happen on the purchase panels at the trainer.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

probably as much as what you can post stuff for on the AH..

999999?
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

[...]I guess it's kind of like the old question, "how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie pop?"
    It depends. Small Tongue or Huge Tongue?

I got enough skirmish marks on Tantalus that some of the panels can not handle it. The panels drops the right most digit. They can only handle four digits. Instead of 34,936. It displays 3493 - I can not remember what happened to the comma. You will see this happen on the purchase panels at the trainer.
    I see. I guess it could act like this with gold as well. Who know, heh?
    [/CENTER]

No clue. I'll gladly play the role of guinea pig and accept any donations though. Just keep the gold coming and I'm tell you when I reach the cap.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000127ad5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    My buffs bring all the DPS to the yard, and they're like "I wanna crit hard!"

We are talking computers. There is always a cap. The cap maybe be large enough that we do not have to worry about it. Assuming Turbine used a 64 bit integer you could have something over 10 quintillion (where a quintillion is 10 to the 18th). It would interesting to see if they could display a number that big on the character sheet.
    Scientific notation FTW!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000016243d/signature.png]Nahtaslash[/charsig]
    George RR Martin > JRR Tolkien
    *Nerd Alert*
    Nahtaslash - 65 Nahtashield - 65 Nahtanin - 65 Nahtalore - 65 Nateedubs - 65

I heard it was OVER 9000!!!!!!!

I'm more impressed generally that we can sell a stack of GOLD INGOTS for about 1 or 2 gold COIN.

The day people figure out how to melt down their ingots into coins, this whole game economy is going to shift dramatically.

I guess Bullroarer would make it easier to test. Does the gold get transferred too?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000001fd5/01001/signature.png]Vamli[/charsig]
    [url=http://eternal-reign.info/]Eternal Reign[/url]'s recruiting, please leave an application in our forums if interested. We have an amazing dental care plan, see me (Vamli Toothbreaker) after my office hours for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Willby View Post
    I guess Bullroarer would make it easier to test. Does the gold get transferred too?
    I think when you buy the item to remove the gold cap, it tells you what your new gold cap is in the chat box. If i remember right, it's either 9,999 or 99,999.

The cap limit is one thing I'll never know!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

2 Garden Street, Ramsward, Breeland Homesteads, Landroval, Middle-earth (RL Sunnyvale, CA)

There is probably a limit. It is probably not a neat number as some have proposed. It is almost certainly going to be a multiple of 8.
    Founder/Lifer 13 Characters (2 just crafting alts) all EM and Grand Masters of their trades/guilds.

I actually put in a ticket on this one. According to an unnamed SGM, there is NO figure limit on the gold a character can hold.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Does anyone know what the gold limit is? How much you can have, max?
    Oh please, people. The answer is so obvious it's right in front of your noses.

42!

Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Quote Originally Posted by sirwillow View Post
    Oh please, people. The answer is so obvious it's right in front of your noses.

42!

42x42x42 maybe
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

Does anyone know what the gold limit is? How much you can have, max?
    Just for curiousity's sake, everyone please send gold to me so I can inform everybody when I hit the cap.

This is vital and we must figure this out.

Together we can do this!

I guess it's kind of like the old question, "how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie pop?"
    Three.
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast