We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTRO and 2012

LOTRO and 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
    Pay no attention to the doomsayers. Many of them would have balked at the wheel or fire. LotRO will still be going strong when the world ends in 2012.
    I am posting this in off-topic to keep the original thread going without hijacking it.

I know you may be just joking along with the "doomsayers" thing etc. But I still want to put an accent on this.

Everything started with Mayan Calendar and media shoved it in everyone's mouth like its a big deal. There are as many theories at least as many news channels there are.
    These are just a few:

Mass Evolution - its an interesting theory and I kinda read and seen some prove to that, like nano-tech announcement in 2012, breakthrough in microprocessors technology that will allow CPUs to be at least 10x faster than they are now etc. The some scientists created a diagram of evolution since whatever age and it shows that humanity evolves exponentially, sort of jumps of evolution at specific times, so they predict that around 2012-2014 there will be another evolution jump unlike any other before.

While graph goes exponentially from left to right, from lowest to highest, at around that time range it just goes almost vertically. Don't ask me how they come up with it, there is a whole hour devoted to it. Theory still of course, nobody ever can prove or guarantee anything like that. Just an idea based on their research of how humanity progressed until now including some specific times when humanity jumped to a new evolution cycle.

Revelation of Hidden Scriptures - this one partially based on lost Nostradamus book that was found recently. It depicts of world receiving some sort of message or placed before the fact and choice that humanity makes will carry it's consequences. Could be global warming reaching the limits and if humanity doesn't switch to 'green' gasses world will burn or something. Ozone level holes, and all that .

World is gonna end - nah, not gonna happen this way. Not yet at least. Or maybe it will end the way we used to know it, but I don't see how it may happen in only 2 years. Unless of course some scientist Bob finds a way to break through the veil that keeps everything balanced in the world and creates a piece of antimatter in his kitchen.

Turbine releases Rohan expansion pack - now this is probably one of the most justified future events that we may see happened.

I can also add something like -
    "Star Wars: The Old Republic" kills WoW .

Feel free to discuss/criticize add your own findings etc.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=white][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000019ef/01001/signature.png]Mightili[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=darkorange][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise]"[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]KHAZÂD FUNDINUL[/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise]"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]- [/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise][I]On Brandywine[/I].[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=mediumturquoise]=/\ [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]Read our [URL="http://www.khazad.org/custom.php?page_id=50567&gid=104764"]Kinship Information[/URL] and then [URL="http://www.khazad.org/recruiting/app_start.php?type=app&gid=104764&page_id=50567"]Apply for Kinship[/URL] [/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise]/\=[/COLOR]

Re: LOTRO and 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven-Might View Post
    I can also add something like -
    "Star Wars: The Old Republic" kills WoW .
    Nah, WoW won't be killed by TOR.

GW2, maybe. But not TOR.

If you look at the reviews of it and feedback from players, you see a ton of hype about how the entire game is voiced over. But that's just about all it gets praise for.

So the game is basically another generic MMO that happens to have a bit more talking NPCs than most.

Also, from what I've heard, the class setup kinda sucks.
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

I heard Pac Man 2011 will ruin the sales of every game in existence. You can pretty well kiss StarCraft 1 and 2 goodbye after that!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Anything major other than the Winter Equinox happening on December 21st, 2012 is about as likely as the Y2K bug was, which is to say, not at all. Anyway, Judgment Day is on May 22nd, 2011. I saw that on the back of a semi truck, along with some scripture quotes, a couple of months back.

If you can't trust some random truck driver for the Day of Judgment, who can you trust?

The "2012" thing, much like Global Warming, is a business.

You can find "2012 survival packs" online for tons of cash.

You have people emptying their bank accounts to travel and see the world before it ends.

Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionSword View Post
    The "2012" thing, much like Global Warming, is a business.

You can find "2012 survival packs" online for tons of cash.

You have people emptying their bank accounts to travel and see the world before it ends.

Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Wow, I googled "2012 survival packs" and man, there are some serious nutcases out there!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Wow, I googled "2012 survival packs" and man, there are some serious nutcases out there!
    What I find funny is the fact that people think they can survive the end of the world.

I mean... if the world ends, where do you plan on surviving?
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

My predictions for 2012...

In May 2012, the Bot-Net known as 4Chan will become sentient and take over all computer systems. The soundtrack of LOTRO will be replaced with a repeating loop of "What is love? Baby Don't Hurt Me" and the dialogue of all NPCs will be replaced with "O Rly?" "Rly" "No Wai" "Wai". Ceiling Cat will also become a permanent fixture in the Crazy Cat Lady's House in Breetown.

On July 5th, 2012, when the United States is suffering from a hang-over, we will make First Contact with an extra-terrestrial species. They tell us they want our women or they will enslave all mankind. After NORAD goes to Red Alert, they tell us they are only joking. Turns out the little grey aliens are the descendants of **** floresiensis (also known as "Hobbits").

In November 2012, Viggo Mortensen will win the Presidential Race in the United States with a landslide victory. The Birthers will protest that his election is invalid because no New York Birth Certificate can be found for the name "Aragorn". Doubt will be raised whether "Arathorn" really was his father.

When the Apocalypse/Rapture doesn't happen on Dec 21st, 2011, a new date of the impending Apocalypse/Rapture will be chosen by those disappointed by this turn of events for several years into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-rinthian View Post
    What I find funny is the fact that people think they can survive the end of the world.

I mean... if the world ends, where do you plan on surviving?

And and adn!!! Why would anyone WANT to survive a cataclysm? Just stoopid. The living will envy the dead! ENVY THE DEAD!!! I hope I'm right underneath a giant 16 ton weight right before, and I get crushed Monty Python style.

And I have been sooo praying and hoping for a cataclysm. These bills aren't going to pay themselves you know, and I sure as shtink ain't payin em! HAND OF GOD!

And why 2012? It's not like the Mayan Calendar is written in stone! Oh, wait...