Re: LOTRO vs DDO???
Originally Posted by realmagicmike
DDO is closer to a FPS then a "conventionnal" mmo like lotro, wow, warhammer, EQ, etc.. Also all the quests are instanced and have 4 or 5 level of difficulty (casual, normal, hard, elite, epic).
Also you have the freedom to customize your character the way you like. Though not all the build are good. If you aren't used to the system, i greatly suggest to use the premade build, even if they aren't the strongest they are quite decent. Some error are correctable, though i strongly suggest to "build" your toon before rolling it to prevent errors. DnD 3.5 knowledge is an asset.
Yes there are guilds.
Depend how good you understand the game and how to apply its mechanic you can solo DDO quite well. You may also solo elite content at level if you have enough experience. Though I prefer to group up, even if it ends with the scared pug.
Well it ain't that bad (i would say 15% of the time I got one). And don't fear to drop it if it failing, your time is precious and some people just don't get it.. Other pug will be awesome, also the "vets" tend to hang with "vets" and knows who are good gamer and who are sucky.
- Bows Sucks
- Arcane archer suck even more.
- CON is not a dump stats (try to have at least 14 - or 12 if 14 isn't possible).
- Min/Max is usually the way to go for build
- "Tank" mean anything that melee (i believe its ridicule).
- As Magic-User you have to learn to manage your resource as your spell-point doesn't regenerate until rest.
- Thoughness is a great feat
- <insert other stuff there>
Marianna of Windfola, Captain lv105, Gladden