We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1031
  1. #801
    Are NCF/STH still the best instances for farming relics/ixp? Or has anyone found a better one?
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ff0000]High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=#008000][B]Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#2f4f4f]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffa500]If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,072
    Yesterday, both a kinmate and I solo'd the Turtle, first him then me later! My kinmate, Dupre, did it first in the morning some time and when I tried it later that night I got him down as well. We both had gotten close the day before but didn't quite make it. Not sure if it's a world first, but thought I'd post anyways!

    Anyways, it's a fun challenge and bascially comes down to one thing: Don't ever let the nasty DoT (the "Chomp on Radian's Flesh" one) get to it's final Tier, which applies a 7K bleed every 5 seconds (which actually turns out to be about 2,100 damage per hit).

    I thought it would be fitting for the chest to automatically include the lil turtle (housing item) if it was a successful solo attempt, but no dice.

    Here are some screenies:

    #1: Shows the data from Combat Analysis, proving that all 688K damage done to the turtle was from me (at a WHOPPING 267 DPS) and I outhealed myself more that he damaged me (healed 541K versus 517K damage done to me). It took 43 mnutes:



    #2: Near beginning of fight:



    #3: About half way through:



    #4: 4K left:

    Last edited by Rhino-Man; Feb 01 2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536
    Wow, that's awesome! I'm sort of unfamiliar with the bleed mechanic as I've only ever done turtle over-leveled where it was pretty trivial. Can you kite around and let the DoT tiers lower? Have any wardens done this yet?

    I want to give this a shot before U10 goes live, since our soloing ability will be greatly increased due to the change to parry.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Wow, that's awesome! I'm sort of unfamiliar with the bleed mechanic as I've only ever done turtle over-leveled where it was pretty trivial. Can you kite around and let the DoT tiers lower? Have any wardens done this yet?

    I want to give this a shot before U10 goes live, since our soloing ability will be greatly increased due to the change to parry.
    The DoT expires after 40 seconds (or was it 30 seconds?) if he doesn't apply the next Tier. So with sprint duration on your weapon, you have enough time to let it expire. When he "chomps on your flesh" the next time, it starts the DoT again but at a trivial level (like 241 I think at Tier 1).

    Sorry, I should have mentioned that Wardens did it at level 75, and a mini did too (not sure if more than one mini did or not). Wardens can do it going toe-to-toe, while the mini used the kiting/DoT expiration method.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    374
    nice for soloing turtle
    Now i have to try solo it before u10

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    The DoT expires after 40 seconds (or was it 30 seconds?) if he doesn't apply the next Tier. So with sprint duration on your weapon, you have enough time to let it expire. When he "chomps on your flesh" the next time, it starts the DoT again but at a trivial level (like 241 I think at Tier 1).

    Sorry, I should have mentioned that Wardens did it at level 75, and a mini did too (not sure if more than one mini did or not). Wardens can do it going toe-to-toe, while the mini used the kiting/DoT expiration method.
    Hmm, I'm pretty lazy, so I might give this a whirl without making a sprint duration legacy weapon by just popping some 45-minute, 10% runspeed coffee. I know that coffee has made a ton of difference kiting Morkskor so hopefully it'll work on turtle, too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Hmm, I'm pretty lazy, so I might give this a whirl without making a sprint duration legacy weapon by just popping some 45-minute, 10% runspeed coffee. I know that coffee has made a ton of difference kiting Morkskor so hopefully it'll work on turtle, too.
    Not sure the coffee alone will do it. Even though he's a turtle and all, he's got long legs! Give it a whirl though.

    I had a 3rd age weapon at like level 35 so I just ranked up the sprint legacy only. Used it as a swap before hitting sprint and it helped a lot.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Wow, that's awesome! I'm sort of unfamiliar with the bleed mechanic as I've only ever done turtle over-leveled where it was pretty trivial. Can you kite around and let the DoT tiers lower? Have any wardens done this yet?

    I want to give this a shot before U10 goes live, since our soloing ability will be greatly increased due to the change to parry.
    did it on my warden back at 75. coffee is enough to kite off the DoT BARELY. you need to basically time your kiting perfectly(which took a few tries to get down) and you need to try and kite in straight lines. as circling doesnt work as he just cuts off half the circle...

    gonna have to try this on my champ for sure though.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    374
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUjR9zONak sorry for last 30s,stupid vegas -.-
    what programs are you guys using for editing?
    and btw any1 has something challenging for champ before u10 come?
    except DN trolls,already done that

  10. #810
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    Hey Radian, grats on the turtle. I was in there once trying to solo it, had no idea you could run off the DoT. I'll have to go back and try it again.

    I agree that there are few challenges we can't do. I haven't seen anyone mention Pits t2. I did that a few months ago when I was getting my moors build together. Boss one can be tough if you don't know how to handle the adds. The fire boss isn't bad. The acid boss is sorta difficult.

    Some of the 3-man, t1 aren't that difficult but fun to thrash thru.

    Someone posted about The Watcher. I tried it and I can't say it's impossible because I barely got to the final phase. You really need a small fellow to make everything go smoothly. That's maybe the ultimate challenge now.

    Edit: I probably should say that the Watcher has dangling? tentacles that immobilize players so you need at least 2 people but when I would drag another 85 in there, they'd get killed with all the splash damage so maybe best to bring a whole fellow.

    I forgot to mention that I was doing Halls of Night, t2 and it was much more difficult, unusual since school and library are easier. I'm guessing t1 would be harder too. I don't think it was ever extreme but maybe worth trying now. Anyways, good luck on any of those.
    Last edited by Tovarashh; Feb 06 2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    Hey Radian, grats on the turtle. I was in there once trying to solo it, had no idea you could run off the DoT. I'll have to go back and try it again.

    I agree that there are few challenges we can't do. I haven't seen anyone mention Pits t2. I did that a few months ago when I was getting my moors build together. Boss one can be tough if you don't know how to handle the adds. The fire boss isn't bad. The acid boss is sorta difficult.

    Some of the 3-man, t1 aren't that difficult but fun to thrash thru.

    Someone posted about The Watcher. I tried it and I can't say it's impossible because I barely got to the final phase. You really need a small fellow to make everything go smoothly. That's maybe the ultimate challenge now.

    Edit: I probably should say that the Watcher has dangling? tentacles that immobilize players so you need at least 2 people but when I would drag another 85 in there, they'd get killed with all the splash damage so maybe best to bring a whole fellow.

    I forgot to mention that I was doing Halls of Night, t2 and it was much more difficult, unusual since school and library are easier. I'm guessing t1 would be harder too. I don't think it was ever extreme but maybe worth trying now. Anyways, good luck on any of those.
    Hey Tedemir! Good to see you are still soloing the most difficult solo content out there. Yeah, once you know you can run off the Turtle DoT, I'm sure this fight will be pretty simple for you. Maybe not your style, though, as I remember from posts wayback at 65 that you much prefer a toe-to-toe battle then kiting. But at this point, the Turtle is not doable toe to toe, with 2K ticks every 5 seconds plus a small tick (like 300) every 3 secs.

    Do you post solos on youtube anymore? What's the link? I siwtched computers somewhere along the way and lost your link.

    I still think the hardest champ solo challenge ever was the Dol Dinen tent pull at 65 that you did; and unique in that only champs could do it (needed massive spike AOE DPS in the beginning with enough survivability to make it through the first 25 secs).
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  12. #812
    Did turtle the other day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSVdl...ature=youtu.be

    Currently sitting in Dragon Wing (lvl50) after getting Thorog to 150k, I'll get it this time :P
    *EDIT*
    Second try I got him to 10k, 3rd try I got him but forgot to start FRAPS xP Will redo tomorrow, for now heres a SS:
    Last edited by AmazingX; Feb 06 2013 at 09:21 PM.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

  13. #813
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Do you post solos on youtube anymore? What's the link?
    Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/tedemir. Half the battle is finding difficult challenges, like the DD tent. I doubt anyone would have ever tried that. It just takes a lot of time getting the latest gear for soloing and then looking for stuff so I've been spending my time doing other things.

    I got rk 11 a few weeks ago and I leveled my burglar to 85. Burglar soloing is sort of an unexplored area so I've been working on getting her geared and soloing some bosses. I posted a video last sunday of her soloing Commander Tarsh at the School. It's my first video since 65.

    I went back to the turtle and twice got it down to around 100k and somehow during my sprint around the room, I ended up with a 7k DoT. Is that just bad luck? I thought it reset. Seems like it tiers up randomly, sometimes very quickly.

    I then went and tried Thorog. Grats Sillac. I got killed at the drummers because I didn't know how to kill them, lol. Then got killed at Drugoth because I had common mitigation build, then got killed a second time because I was not traited properly. So I finally got serious and made it to Thorog but again, had no idea what to expect. I had CA up and it said I was in there for 36 min, lol. Once I figured out the ghosts and got into a rhythm, I made progress down to 90k, but had a bad cycle and they healed him to 150k, then he hit me for 5.5k. A great battle indeed.

    If I was the first to conquer some of these great challenges like Thorog or Turtle or others at 75 like The Rift, I'd definitely make a video.
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  14. #814
    Heres Thorog and Drugoth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReybO...ature=youtu.be
    I'll be uploading a fancier version explaining the fight as a solo fight and the build I used for it.
    I did Giant Wing right after, and thats rendering right now. Was actually really easy, I expected the snow-beasts in the final phase to be a pain :P Also did spider wing, got the spider to 80k or so when I missed a pot on the instakill poison.
    *edit*
    Giant wing now up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhz5B...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by AmazingX; Feb 07 2013 at 09:04 PM.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    did it on my warden back at 75. coffee is enough to kite off the DoT BARELY. you need to basically time your kiting perfectly(which took a few tries to get down) and you need to try and kite in straight lines. as circling doesnt work as he just cuts off half the circle...

    gonna have to try this on my champ for sure though.
    Don't quote me on this but I have been experimenting with the coffee run speed and I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't actually work in combat. When I attack a training dummy and continue to run past till I drop out of combat I immediately see my character run faster after combat. It's only 10% so maybe I am imagining it? Just my observations though.

    Also what made me start looking into this was because I would be chasing a creep in the moors that has no run speed buffs and I would always stay at the same distance behind. While I had coffee buff of course.

    Tested it on a kin mate as well in a spar. Still stayed the same distance behind.
    Last edited by Xenephobe375; Feb 08 2013 at 12:21 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000bcd64/01007/signature.png]Xenephobe[/charsig]

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenephobe375 View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I have been experimenting with the coffee run speed and I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't actually work in combat. When I attack a training dummy and continue to run past till I drop out of combat I immediately see my character run faster after combat. It's only 10% so maybe I am imagining it? Just my observations though.

    Also what made me start looking into this was because I would be chasing a creep in the moors that has no run speed buffs and I would always stay at the same distance behind. While I had coffee buff of course.

    Tested it on a kin mate as well in a spar. Still stayed the same distance behind.
    maybe they broke coffee?(honestly wouldnt surprise me lol) cause it worked back at 75 that im sure of. and did you try both types of coffee?

    although the little bit i have been out in the moors on my champ, ive noticed it not really affecting run speed too.
    Last edited by 0987654321; Feb 08 2013 at 01:15 AM.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  17. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    maybe they broke coffee?(honestly wouldnt surprise me lol) cause it worked back at 75 that im sure of. and did you try both types of coffee?
    I wouldn't be surprised either all things considered. I did file a bug report as well cuz it's kinda lame if you ask me. And I just tried it on a bear outside of Bree and it definitely is not working. This was only with the lvl 80 10% coffee. Haven't tested the other ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000bcd64/01007/signature.png]Xenephobe[/charsig]

  18. #818
    Best attempt at the ToO Gate Twins, hoping it'll be doable with u10. What with the powerpools that will make DN a 7k heal and all ^.^

    *EDIT* Just got a look at the gold-tier upgrade rings, definitely going to be doable.
    Last edited by AmazingX; Feb 11 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    I went back to the turtle and twice got it down to around 100k and somehow during my sprint around the room, I ended up with a 7k DoT. Is that just bad luck? I thought it reset. Seems like it tiers up randomly, sometimes very quickly.
    Yup, that's the killer DoT for a champ. And you discovered the second phase of the Turtle (who ever knew that there were two phases?) in which around 100K he goes into "fast" mode on the DoTs, applying them more often.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  20. #820
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    374

  21. #821
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    Finally killed the turtle. I just had to kite a little more after sprint wore off. That was a fun.

    I went over to the ToO trolls and soloed both of them at once. I think this was on wed. Then a couple days later I saw a video posted where 2 champs had killed one each. It was a nice video. I was wondering what everyone opinion is on allowable buffs and what buffs maybe where frowned upon. I know that store bought heal potions are off limits. Any kind of extra healing is OP. I did use a Tome of Defense. It says -10% like it would go over cap by 10% but it doesn't. It just reduces damage by 10%, rather than something ridicules like 33%. I also used clickies. Soloing them without the Tome of Defense would be extremely difficult. I did see the new rings and if they stay that way, almost anything is possible after the update.
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  22. #822
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    Finally killed the turtle. I just had to kite a little more after sprint wore off. That was a fun.

    I went over to the ToO trolls and soloed both of them at once. I think this was on wed. Then a couple days later I saw a video posted where 2 champs had killed one each. It was a nice video. I was wondering what everyone opinion is on allowable buffs and what buffs maybe where frowned upon. I know that store bought heal potions are off limits. Any kind of extra healing is OP. I did use a Tome of Defense. It says -10% like it would go over cap by 10% but it doesn't. It just reduces damage by 10%, rather than something ridicules like 33%. I also used clickies. Soloing them without the Tome of Defense would be extremely difficult. I did see the new rings and if they stay that way, almost anything is possible after the update.
    Tome of defence is op,-10% inc dmg means a lot.I soloed everything without any perk,because it's more challenging

  23. #823
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    I'm not sure what you mean by perk, since they do drop in instances and not just from the store but, I'd agree they're OP and should be avoided. The u10 mitigation rings are even more OP though. They break the cap by 10%, putting our mitigation at 80%. Best case scenario is reducing damage by 22% and somewhere around 12-15% at a low proc. rate. Combine that with the heal proc. ring and finding challenging fights just got more difficult. This problem started with the bubbles at 75 and seems to just get worse. We're even getting a boost in parry in u10. The trolls are one of the few things just out of our reach. I think it's possible to solo them without the rings or tome after u10. If I can do that, I'll make a video.
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  24. #824
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    Some of my testing indicated that the trolls weren't so tough but I hadn't really worked on a soloing build since 65. I used some items from my vault, picked up a few items, completely tweaked out my gear and slowly put the build together. It took a few tries but defeated them both this morning. I used 6 purple items but not a single legendary. My only buffs were tokens, scrolls and trail food.
    Last edited by Tovarashh; Feb 23 2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: buffs
    Tedemir - 100 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rk 12
    Azuriael - 100 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rk 4

  25. #825
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    Some of my testing indicated that the trolls weren't so tough but I hadn't really worked on a soloing build since 65. I used some items from my vault, picked up a few items, completely tweaked out my gear and slowly put the build together. It took a few tries but defeated them both this morning. I used 6 purple items but not a single legendary. My only buffs were tokens, scrolls and trail food.
    How long did it take you?

 

 
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload