We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Re: The Mighty Champion Solo List

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Got some question about this one, I can solo Stoneheight completely fine in Full redline and fervour, and all the way up to Thadur in NCF, but when I do Thadur I can get him to about 45K before wiping and that's using all CDs, every hit I get is like 2.5K .... how do you do it O.o?

I have about 27K physical, 15.5K crit and 8.5K morale ...any tips would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by RandallSnow View Post
    Ahh helped so much !

However this is traited bluelined looking at the CDs and other skills.

Try it traited 5 red, one yellow and one blue I can't stand blue line
    Last edited by Thorebane; Mar 17 2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Been a long time since I've posted -actually since level cap was 65. I may find some time to do much harder stuff, but I was just wondering how champs were faring in the Limlight Gorge?

So far, I've solo'd everything in LG except for the two named 160K Trolls (Ghamp and Gank, I think?). They hit too hard too fast just now, but I haven't given it a full go yet with all those fun clickies sitting in my vault and all.

The 70K mobs (trees, huorns, spiders) can all be solo'd in full DPS race mode, although the trolls with their damage momentum buffs (up to 5) end up being a close fight most of the time (I think I've solo'd them about 10 times and once it was a double kill - he killed me when I killed him).

The 140K Huorns and Spiders require glory with some good gear, and scrolls/tokens/etc. help. You need to move a bit with the Huorns and it helps to learn there patterns (with the root adds, etc.). The Spiders are fun in that you better kill those two adds immediately or that massive poison DoT is nasty (10 second horn FTW!).

I actually was able to solo every single quest in LG so far (including the repeats) except for Gank, Ghamp, and the Ore collection quest where you get attacked by 2 trolls twice, then 3 trolls. Interestingly, I did do the first part of the Ore quest where 2 trolls came. I was able to somehow perfectly time things while kiting to get one troll to reset while the other stayed active; so it was just a matter of getting that first troll to like 2K, putting a rend on him, and running over to activate the second troll. Then kill second troll. For some reason, on the second part of the quest, I was unable to "split" those two trolls, so after trying for about an hour to split them successfully, I just grouped up for that part and the last part with 3 trolls.

So all in all, I found that the Limlight Gorge and all it's quests can be completely solo'd by a champ except for 3 quests (Ghamp, Gank, Ore collection). Granted it's much much much slower and I'll prefer to group from now on as I grind the next 40K of rep.....
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    So all in all, I found that the Limlight Gorge and all it's quests can be completely solo'd by a champ except for 3 quests (Ghamp, Gank, Ore collection). Granted it's much much much slower and I'll prefer to group from now on as I grind the next 40K of rep.....
    I've fared exactly the same way, but I believe Athelious has soloed Gank xD I personally can't fit corruption removal into my cycle, but one day I'll try!
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingX View Post
    I've fared exactly the same way, but I believe Athelious has soloed Gank xD I personally can't fit corruption removal into my cycle, but one day I'll try!
    You can exploit, no it's not really an exploit, or is it.. the spider queen with 146k morale by range aggroing her from a far distance so that she moves far away from her nest. As you beat her down her venomous brood will hatch but they will not aggro on you. Not having to worry about the venomous hatchlings makes this fight easier than killing the 77k trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    You can exploit, no it's not really an exploit, or is it.. the spider queen with 146k morale by range aggroing her from a far distance so that she moves far away from her nest. As you beat her down her venomous brood will hatch but they will not aggro on you. Not having to worry about the venomous hatchlings makes this fight easier than killing the 77k trolls.
    That's what I generally do now. However it is fun to try it without that atleast once, just for lulz and bragging rights

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Got some question about this one, I can solo Stoneheight completely fine in Full redline and fervour, and all the way up to Thadur in NCF, but when I do Thadur I can get him to about 45K before wiping and that's using all CDs, every hit I get is like 2.5K .... how do you do it O.o?

I have about 27K physical, 15.5K crit and 8.5K morale ...any tips would be helpful
    I managed to get T2 Thadur down the other day traited red. Like you, I found he hit like a truck. I blew both my bubbles, dire need, man heal and then had to kite some. He was probably at 30% - 40% health when I started kiting because I had to hamstring/sprint for a while until he got low enough morale that he was permaslowed. My stats were similar to yours at the time.

I did notice that at least once I was able to get far enough away that he didn't hit me with his distributed attack. The next time I try I am going to see if I can get away from that consistently. The time I was far enough away I had just hit him a couple times and was starting to move away before he called out the attack, so I don't know if you can get away fast enough if you are next to him when he calls it out.

I assume you are stepping behind him when he calls out the "unleash a gift on all who face me".

I still haven't beaten Dale Truit T2 traited blue or red. I have to get back in there and try again.
    Helen - Lv 95 Champion
    The Force of Middle Earth, Silverlode

I've recently started doing the STH/NCF T2 challenges solo. Well worth it imo, the amount of xp,runes, gold is too good considering how quickly this can be done. I trait 5B/2R for STH and I have no issues all the way through. NCF is a different animal, run 4R/3B in Glory, swappingto Fervour for the cauldron of course. I have yet to need to kite Thadur, but its a close fight each time I've done it in this hybrid build.

I solo'd Library challenge and found it most unrewarding. I was going to attempt to solo School but I don't see how the challenge is possible solo, has any champ solo'd it and has some advice?
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by RandallSnow View Post
    Fail champ too. Goes to show the power of blue line nowadays.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc44/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

STH t2 solo is the next on my list ... will try with my 3red4blue build in Glory

Bytheway, I recently soloed the Quest Raid (49): Master of Imlad Balchorth to get Ferndur's head for decorating my house ... as I haven't seen this on the old and new solo lists, what difficulty would that raid be categorized in ? I found the boss really easy, the 'hardest part' was to kill all ghosts in time to get Ferndur out his tomb ...
    [center]You become a [color=red][b]champion[/b][/color] by fighting one more round.
    When things are tough, you fight one more round.
    [i]James J. Corbett[/i][/center]

Why does this thread still exist? No longer any challenge to solo anything in blue line. I mean unless you posted about soloing these things in red line I really don't care.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc44/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree. Just a few minutes ago I solo'd RoF T2C and nearly fell asleep it was so boring. Tomorrow I'll see if I can aggro every mob in Limlight Gorge and solo the whole zone at once.

Edit (to actually contribute):

I can solo the Limlight dailies easily enough, with the trolls being the most annoying and requiring a couple longer CD's (i.e. True Heroics) to do at a reasonable rate. I was really close to killing Gank, but missed a corruption removal when he was at ~20% and got dev'd for 6.5k when I was at ~5k. I didn't want to stick around for the dread to wear off but I'll try again soon.

I also tanked a Foundry t2c that was pretty interesting the other day. Dhar killed everyone in the group but me and the LM by around 50% and we finished it with the LM pulling levers. I wasn't paying really close attention but I didn't see much LM healing in the combat log, so I imagine this boss might be soloable with someone else just pulling the levers. The troll boss was also fun, as everyone but me and the other champ died pretty quick and we finished him off from about 60% morale with no heals (other champ was DPS). He did manage to crit me and kill me right at the end when he was at ~3k morale...probably should have just kited that last bit out instead of running back in. I had aggro the entire fight so the other champ was just taking indirect damage. I wonder how far some of you better solo champs would get on this boss by yourselves?
    Last edited by Gylve; Apr 10 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Dint take any screenshots but so far ive soloed everything in the Limlight theres is to it..

76K huorns, 146k huorns
    76k spiders, 146k spiders (the adds on the 146k are a pain!)!
    76k trolls, 146k trolls (the two troll bosses)

Its rather fun and the 146k mobs are a very good solo challenge, 76k mobs are rather easy but to make them abit harder/faster I have added more DPS gear/traits instead all the survivablity traits/gear I use on the 146k mobs.

Might take a few screenshots later

Quote Originally Posted by Anoir View Post
    Dint take any screenshots but so far ive soloed everything in the Limlight theres is to it..

76K huorns, 146k huorns
    76k spiders, 146k spiders (the adds on the 146k are a pain!)!
    76k trolls, 146k trolls (the two troll bosses)

Its rather fun and the 146k mobs are a very good solo challenge, 76k mobs are rather easy but to make them abit harder/faster I have added more DPS gear/traits instead all the survivablity traits/gear I use on the 146k mobs.

Might take a few screenshots later
    Congrats! I finally got the nice jewelry with +morale bubble clicky from Stangard, and was able to solo both of the troll nemesis bosses last night (Gank and Ghamp have 160K morale, actually, slightly more than what you listed above). They are long fights (in glory of course) and I think in total I healed myself about 75K, not including the 3-4 level 75 morale pots (in game, NOT from the store - it's not a pure solo if you use any items only available in the store or get any buffs from other players, IMO). And I found that you have to just stand there and take it, rather than kite and stun, etc., as their tiering corruptions are deadly (one crit was about 6.5K on me).

So ditto to the post above for me re: having solo'd everything in the Limlight Gorge. At this point, I'd say the only place to find more solo challenges on landscape (not in instances) is in the Moors, including the Delving. Now if only I could earn some more DP..... :-(

I think it might be possible to solo Dhar in the Foundry. I was able to solo the first few trash pulls late one night before calling it quits, so getting to Dhar should be no problem. For Dhar himself, you don't actually have to pull any levers if you can survive long enough. The adds will pull levers randomly, so my strategy would be to move between the three center squares so as not to aggro the adds. Unfortunately, it's all luck as to which slag gets dropped, so you could be in for a long fight if the adds don't cooperate and pull the right levers.
    Helen - Lv 95 Champion

I tried soloing the 1st boss in Foundry when the instances were originally released, however it was on Bullroarer so dint have all my awesome gear I have now. (Plus I had nooo idea how the instance worked :P) Might go back there soon and try it on my real champ, might be possible if you get a good rotation going on and get some luck with the random levers

Thumbs up Re: The Mighty Champion Solo List

Sounds like a nice idea, make sure to record it! If you have any luck I may try it myself.

The problem with doing it that way is that I've noticed that, if you're within the window of time where the dropped rubble will deactivate his shield, it will also damage you (about 700-900 damage) if you step in the square during that time. Normally I just stand on the edge so I don't take the damage when the materials drop, but if you're relying on random drops you have to move really quick to position him correctly, which could very well mean taking that extra damage, which would make the fight harder.

Shaz, what'd you do about snitches? Champ horn seems to bug them so they just teleport to the trolls and bring them. Doing enough damage to kill them outright seems like it'd be pretty tough in a solo glory build. Did you just solo the trolls?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Shaz, what'd you do about snitches? Champ horn seems to bug them so they just teleport to the trolls and bring them. Doing enough damage to kill them outright seems like it'd be pretty tough in a solo glory build. Did you just solo the trolls?
    I didn't actually get that far, but I think the trolls won't be much problem solo. I soloed the first few pulls, then just let the snitch go grab a troll. I almost had the troll dead when I messed up and died. It was about 5 a.m. if I remember correctly, so I just called it a night. At the time I didn't have any Orthod armor. I was just using a lot of skirmish and crafted armor + draigoch pieces. I'm pretty sure the trolls are easily soloable if I'm more awake, and my gear is a step better now.

Of course this was quite a while ago, and I was tired, so maybe my memory is incorrect.

I gotta get back in there and try it again.
    Helen - Lv 95 Champion

Well, I finally got back in the foundry. I managed to solo all the way through the first boss of the foundry. I had more trouble with the trolls than Dhar. In the Dhar fight I stayed in the middle 3 squares and didn't aggro any adds. I only got slag dropped on me 4 times, and 3 of them were within seconds of him putting up his absorb shield. It seemed like I could have survived indefinitely barring a string of slag drops.

I got destroyed by the first pull after Dhar

Sorry, no video.

Helen - Lv 95 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shazbaat View Post
    Well, I finally got back in the foundry. I managed to solo all the way through the first boss of the foundry. I had more trouble with the trolls than Dhar. In the Dhar fight I stayed in the middle 3 squares and didn't aggro any adds. I only got slag dropped on me 4 times, and 3 of them were within seconds of him putting up his absorb shield. It seemed like I could have survived indefinitely barring a string of slag drops.

I got destroyed by the first pull after Dhar

Sorry, no video.
    Grats

That first pull after Dhar is nasty if you get the troll and the other mobs together. It is possible to just pull the mobs though.
    [CENTER]Nothing is impossible... it just costs more![/CENTER]
    [COLOR="#4169e1"][CENTER][URL="http://www.first-knights.eu"]First Knights Kinship[/URL][/CENTER][/COLOR]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#00bfff"]Snowbourn[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi champions,

my video of the last time that I was to foundry soloing. Fun instance!!

I hope that you like
    Last edited by LancelChamp; Oct 11 2012 at 07:42 AM.

Reviving this thread as I had some fun soloing stuff in the Delving of Fror recently. I was able to solo every non-Archnemesis in there. It's a fun and challenging place for sure - maybe only one or two extremes, and some of the others are fairly simple, but nonetheless with 13 Elite-Masters and Nemeses, there are some good challenges.

These are the ones I solo'd:
    Elite Masters:
    Boldirith
    Gath
    Rimgurthal
    Iachador
    Raingorth
    Gurhadron
    Nemorian

Nemeses:
    Hurlug
    Nurlug
    Uidhelos
    Gortheblin
    Munglung
    Malembor

These are the arch-nemeses, which are impossible to solo:
    Gworvaethor (Wight - Freep side)
    Thorliw (Wight - Creep side)
    Rotenroot (Tree with 12 adds)
    Grodgis Matron (Mama drake)
    Gaergoth (Final Boss - Raid)

Continuing with the Moors theme, I wonder if anyone has tried/succeeded in soloing a keep? I decided to try the Isendeep troll and got him down to 300k (he starts with ~500k) without that great of gear nor solo focused LIs - makes me wonder if it is possible (granted, the gear choices are much more limited as I was assuming that audacity gear would help more than any other solo type gear, but I may be wrong).

It is a long fight, and I believe he only does common damage so there is a slightly different strategy compared to most solo fights so stacking phys mit and using traited dire need was how I managed to survive for a long time.

Next time I'll bring Golloval

Quote Originally Posted by drillhead View Post
    Continuing with the Moors theme, I wonder if anyone has tried/succeeded in soloing a keep? I decided to try the Isendeep troll and got him down to 300k (he starts with ~500k) without that great of gear nor solo focused LIs - makes me wonder if it is possible (granted, the gear choices are much more limited as I was assuming that audacity gear would help more than any other solo type gear, but I may be wrong).

It is a long fight, and I believe he only does common damage so there is a slightly different strategy compared to most solo fights so stacking phys mit and using traited dire need was how I managed to survive for a long time.

Next time I'll bring Golloval
    How did you separate him from the other two?

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast