We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

dwarf red lamp quest question

So I was looking on the lorebook at level 53-54 quests and I saw that there were a ton of quests that came off of this quest. The quest were dwarven doors and there were 3 of them with about 4 quests coming off of each of those quests. The problem is that the quest was taken off the lorebook so I can't see how to get it. I think it starts in chamber of crossroads because that is where the branching quests take place at.

So does anyone know how to get this quest. Thanks

Again the quest is red dwarf lamp
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001f3407/01005/signature.png]Laserbear[/charsig]

Always hunting wabbits (and wargs).

Re: dwarf red lamp quest question

You can't get it. The dwarf door quest were in Moria beta, but there were problems and did not make it to live. Turbine didn't fix them, they went a different route. Sorry
    Lycka är en Alfen Jägaren.
    Not all of the information in this thread is accurate. Just so you know. ;) -MoL

Quote Originally Posted by Vyclya View Post
    You can't get it. The dwarf door quest were in Moria beta, but there were problems and did not make it to live. Turbine didn't fix them, they went a different route. Sorry
    So is it impossible to do the dwarven door quests? If You can't that sees like a big waste in Dec time because there are like 20 or more quests that go off of this quest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001f3407/01005/signature.png]Laserbear[/charsig]

Yeah, the Dwarven doors were canned in beta. The devs said they couldn't get them to level of polish they wanted, and then simply moved on in different directions. IIRC, they were series of short 3-6 man instances with some wicked hard boss mobs. One had a huge shadow grim that nearly wiped the floor with us in beta. I loved what I saw, so it's too bad they never made it out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001687/01005/signature.png]Wisdom[/charsig]

Dwarf Doors were some of the best content in Moria. Even collecting the lamps and finding the doors was a massive undertaking. Then you had to find other people that had also found them in order to run them. Then you had to actually run them, and they weren't easy! I think it was an amazing system. Very complex, but so much fun. They should have added them back with SoM except bumped up to level 60-65. No one would ever have complained about not having anything to do then.

Such a waste of content. That and the Challenge at the Gate DG raid too. I don't understand why they keep developing things like this then just shuttering them forever. You've already spent the time to make it, it works reasonably well in beta, just leave it up.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on

Wait, wait,wait,wait,wait.....

The dwarves had secret hidden red-lamp rooms scattered throughout moria!?

Why was I not informed of this!!?? I have a number of sturdy and verile dwarves without nearly enough exposure to little hairy women, and I'm sure they would very much be interested in such loactions!
    Last edited by Harla; Jul 30 2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Harla View Post
    Wait, wait,wait,wait,wait.....

The dwarves had secret hidden red-lamp rooms scattered throughout moria!?

Why was I not informed of this!!?? I have a number of sturdy and verile dwarves without nearly enough expose to little hairy women, and I'm sure they would very much be interested in such loactions!
    Yes. You got the rare drop off mobs in Moria that started the quest. You continued it at an NPC who gave you a passive skill for the lamp color, then directed you to a general area where the door was located. When you reached the area, you would see the door glowing in the wall with the color of the lamp. If you didn't have the lamp quest/passive, you would never know it was there. It was a really awesome mechanic. There were red, purple, yellow, and a couple other colors, I think.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Such a waste of content. That and the Challenge at the Gate DG raid too. I don't understand why they keep developing things like this then just shuttering them forever. You've already spent the time to make it, it works reasonably well in beta, just leave it up.
    This situation is very common in all business segments when developing a product or a feature. You get very close to live deployment. You realize that you can not achieve the company quality standards to deploy. You stop work. Throw it out.

I am sure that is what happened with the dwarf lamp feature. They could not get it work well enough to even meet Turbine's low standards for initial deployment instances. They must have had some very serious issues given the problems most of the other Moria content went live with.

Do you really want seriously bugged Moria content shipped to live? Given what Turbine considered is polished and gave to us. Sadly after all this time, there is at least one totally broken quest in Moria that I can not complete. Apparently right after launch it was doable but had a problem. Turbine fixed the "problem" made the quest impossible to complete. Even though I try it after each update, find it still broke, write yet another bug report. Turbine can not find the staff to fix it.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I would love this added with the edenwaith content update but I know it won't it looked like it would be really cool

Maybe this is why Turbine can't release good group content. They spend lots of time developing EIGHT different instances that they never finished. Makes me really sad, and really pissed off. +1 to why to quit Lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by EulerPi View Post
    Maybe this is why Turbine can't release good group content. They spend lots of time developing EIGHT different instances that they never finished. Makes me really sad, and really pissed off. +1 to why to quit Lotro.
    The Moria expansion is a classic case of management scheduling too much work to be done when the finish date is fixed. Can not be moved. Every development house - especially software houses - do this periodically. A lot of development houses have a significant of these project scheduling failures that result in the release of an incomplete product or an outright cancel. Gaming software is particularly bad for this situation.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Every time I hear about these quests I can't help but giggle. I've been able to do them just fine. Or rather, as fine as one can solo, as no-one can join me. I never made screenshots inside (or forgot to upload them), but.. http://muer.nl/lotro/yellow-dwarf-lamp/

With the influx of new blood and money they might have the resources to finish them or possibly even create newer improved versions of them. At the least it wasnt wasted time as it allowed the devs to test out new ideas and learn from them.

Didn't get the chance to do them in beta as I was busy testing other things, but I do remember some of the discussion about how it was a neat mechanic and there was a lot of disappointment that it didn't make it to live.

As much positive as I heard about it, it would be kind of neat if they could go back and find a way to bring that into the game. I really don't recall what the reasons were that it didn't make it outside of "polish". Seems like that would be an opportunity for them to add some group content without a whole lot more work.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Maybe now that they're under new management, so to speak, they'll be able to return to this and make them work. Sure seems like a neat mechanic and totally fitting within Moria lore.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyaehar View Post
    Every time I hear about these quests I can't help but giggle. I've been able to do them just fine. Or rather, as fine as one can solo, as no-one can join me. I never made screenshots inside (or forgot to upload them), but.. http://muer.nl/lotro/yellow-dwarf-lamp/
    I am very much doubting you being on the live server. I actually hope you are not just messing with us. But I sadly doubt it.