We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 1v1s

Re: Good 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Sathim View Post
    Also I can't remember the names of the RK and guard. Thanks for the fights.
    yes that was fun thanks

Thanks to that rank 6 spider for the 1v1 by the bridge, then thanks peepantz for jumping me at 2k health and still losing! lol popped all my cds, and then thanks to Shingle for finding me shortly after that when I was at about 3k health and also dying.

Oh and thanks Illdielots and Shingle for the 2v1, you only had to uruk heal
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Big props to Gilgaresh, Grushmun, Bloodandbones (sp?) and Ungolliar for the 1v1's tonight, always nice to get some solo action when so much chaos is going on.

Gil, hope I put up a decent fight, I think we were close to even after it all, I haven't changed my toon in many months so I hope I'm not just boring you. Great fights though, you are one hard spider to proc on that's for sure.

It was quite difficult avoiding the 3 groups of creeps roaming randomly >.<

Also, side note, it's sad to see Makxlle has turned away all of my 1v1's for some time now and instead every time I see him he's trying to drag me to his (usually 2) other group mates. Sad to see, as he was one of the better 1v1's on the server. I used to fight him solo all the time.... :-(

Need more guys like you all!
    I just find way more enjoyment in 1v1's. Send me a tell/mail, I will 1v1 with anyone regardless.

see ya out there
    z
    zenki - scavv - navan

As for 1v1s a combination of freeps being OP and getting zergered to holy hell day in day out has led to many not bothering with 1v1s anymore. I like you zenk but many, many freeps you included have dragged me to your their groups. I'll spar if you ask, but if I don't jump don't expect a 1v1 from me i've given up on them.
    Last edited by 45Cal.; Sep 01 2011 at 11:59 PM.

I don't recall ever dragging a 1v1 to a group unless it was interrupted or otherwise botched. If I'm fighting you 1v1 and several other creeps come in, sure I'll probably make for the nearest place I think freeps might be. I don't like giving free points to nubs who think they can step in when I'm down on morale after a fight. Does it screw you out of points when that happens? Yes it does. Likewise, if I'm soloing with a creep and a freep steps in, I try to walk away and let the creepie live. I have much respect for you guys out there. I try not to be the meat head on a stick that attacks on site and kills without regard.

And ya I know what you're saying about small groups, but even when I'm with 2 or 3 others and we come across a creep that's known to solo, it's not hard to say "hey lemme solo with this guy." The alternative, what was happening last night with makxlle, was that I was keeping my distance until I saw his group mates running toward me with him, and then I'd just take off. This resulted in exactly zero action between us. Personally, I would much rather have a fighting chance at a solo than no fight at all, but that's just how I see it.

Edit: And yes, i did repeatedly get but rapf'd by the roaming raids last night. It was nice however, to see multiple groups out and about as opposed to one giant ball
    Last edited by boppcj; Sep 02 2011 at 10:00 AM.
    zenki - scavv - navan

Cool beans @ X-roads today Balin, was hoping you'd get my intent when i turned after the warg jumped in, lucky you figured it out before you finished mowing me down lol, real sure you woulda beat me regardless, but was cool of you to realize i wasnt with the dog and take off before killling me.

Hes Gassy good duel at Gv. I honestly wasnt expecting to win. Defilers and War leaders are my bane in the moors. Still I had fun with all the dance moves before lol.

Nice try droggo this morning first warg to ever use shadow hallower vs me. And zenk never said it was offten just that it had happened more than likely you thought I was grouped but ow well we've all done it, also i've ben killed many times after 1v1s with mew by the other mew players watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenine View Post
    Hes Gassy good duel at Gv. I honestly wasnt expecting to win. Defilers and War leaders are my bane in the moors. Still I had fun with all the dance moves before lol.
    Yep Sarrune that was a great fight. I was expecting to lose as I normally do to RKs, but there's no fun in not trying, eh? RKs are the only class that beat me almost every time. Still it was a fun fight. And you dance better than John Travolta.

Much thanks to the freeps with whom I had 1v1s, regardless of the outcome, and the other freeps and creeps who did not interfere.

To the one freep who I saw hitting me while I was trying to 1v1, shame shame shame! Yeah I know GV is the worst place for a creep to 1v1, and no place is truly off limits for 1v1 fights including BM, but seriously... if several freeps are standing around watching, is it not obvious that a 1v1 is occurring? geez....

Balin, nice fight as always. I've sure I've 1v1'd you far more than any other freep, and you never back off or call in the troops whenever I get lucky with crits. Spars with you are never dull. /cheer

Apparently there's a new person named Runin on the server. Can someone please tell him/her thanks for the fight by GV? I wasn't expecting to get attacked by a burg as they usually ignore me or hips, so it was a surprise (and confusing!) to find a burg who did neither. Ehh yeah i guess I could sign onto freep side and say thanks but that would require effort.

To the RK I beat (sorry, can't remember your name): thanks for the fight, but you might want to retrait.

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Yep Sarrune that was a great fight. I was expecting to lose as I normally do to RKs, but there's no fun in not trying, eh? RKs are the only class that beat me almost every time. Still it was a fun fight. And you dance better than John Travolta.

Much thanks to the freeps with whom I had 1v1s, regardless of the outcome, and the other freeps and creeps who did not interfere.

To the one freep who I saw hitting me while I was trying to 1v1, shame shame shame! Yeah I know GV is the worst place for a creep to 1v1, and no place is truly off limits for 1v1 fights including BM, but seriously... if several freeps are standing around watching, is it not obvious that a 1v1 is occurring? geez....

Balin, nice fight as always. I've sure I've 1v1'd you far more than any other freep, and you never back off or call in the troops whenever I get lucky with crits. Spars with you are never dull. /cheer

Apparently there's a new person named Runin on the server. Can someone please tell him/her thanks for the fight by GV? I wasn't expecting to get attacked by a burg as they usually ignore me or hips, so it was a surprise (and confusing!) to find a burg who did neither. Ehh yeah i guess I could sign onto freep side and say thanks but that would require effort.

To the RK I beat (sorry, can't remember your name): thanks for the fight, but you might want to retrait.
    Yeah I aplogize for term and hots killing you outside of GV, I took no part in it! and good fight indeed. Rinen is a transfer from silverlode, hes a pretty awesome burg!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    thanks! but for the record my name is rinen

Great job Mightycell first captain to beat me in well forever..........best fight ive had today!

Unhappy Re: Good 1v1s

why auzue!!! i was about to kill bigle and you pounce me and he got away with 500 health!!

Quote Originally Posted by boppcj View Post

Also, side note, it's sad to see Makxlle has turned away all of my 1v1's for some time now and instead every time I see him he's trying to drag me to his (usually 2) other group mates. Sad to see, as he was one of the better 1v1's on the server. I used to fight him solo all the time.... :-(

And ya I know what you're saying about small groups, but even when I'm with 2 or 3 others and we come across a creep that's known to solo, it's not hard to say "hey lemme solo with this guy." The alternative, what was happening last night with makxlle, was that I was keeping my distance until I saw his group mates running toward me with him, and then I'd just take off. This resulted in exactly zero action between us. Personally, I would much rather have a fighting chance at a solo than no fight at all, but that's just how I see it.

Edit: And yes, i did repeatedly get but rapf'd by the roaming raids last night. It was nice however, to see multiple groups out and about as opposed to one giant ball
    Really dude, really? Le sigh... You were the last person I expected to hear some petty complaints from. First of all... I've solo'ed a good 80-90% of my 8 (almost 9) ranks out there. I can't even count how many times I've gotten rolled by the freep raid ball or had my 1v1's interrupted by a couple of __hats just because I'm out there roaming around by myself. So don't even try to give me #### for one of the RARE times I actually decide to group up... in a 3 man group no less.

Anyway, back to the incident in question. The first few times I saw you I would charge and you would just run away and then turn and watch me from a safe distance on your horse. After a couple times playing this little game I said screw it I'm not going to chase him all over the map if he doesn't want to fight. So after that when I spotted you I most definitely called in the small group I was with cuz I was sick of playing marco polo with you.

If you really wanted a 1v1 all you had to do was dismount after you got away from my charge and jump a couple times. I would have gladly given you a 1v1 and told the two ppl in my group to not interfere. But when you just keep running away on a horse how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? In fact, to me it looked like you were just trying to lure me to the rest of the freeps so I would get ganked. Try looking at it from the other person's perspective once in a while.

PS: If you want to call me out in the future, please do so in the appropriate thread. I love reading this thread and it doesn't need to be sullied by petty _itching and moaning.

Nice one Derlan, sorry you got killed after. I didnt call you out if it means anything. I wonder how it will go come isen when i have revenge and can kite an you have that brutal self bubble

I completely understand why you group up mak. Maybe you should have seen it from my pov also, because your reaver buddy was charging right behind you several times, and when that happens, it usually feels like I'm gonna get weasel'd. And sadly there is no channel for communication, as stupys would use it for more cheating than proper convo.

I don't know how others read situations, but when I approach a creep or three and I'm met with insta-aggression, it usually means they're just trying to fulfill their dutiful obligation to the all seeing eye. Once again this is completely understandable, but I have no problem riding away from these scenarios. For the most part, If I stay mounted, I believe I'm unsafe/going to get ganked. When I dismount, I'm ready to let you charge in. Don't waste your charge trying to catch me, I want you to use it in the 1v1 anyway.

Now lets get some more good 1v1's going, like old times.
    zenki - scavv - navan

Hehe i know how the moors is Garam. I never really expect anyone calls me out. That was a close fight lol i totally forgot about uruk heal so i stayed in CBR for most of it just to wail away on ya.

Sorry Derlan, that was my fault, I didn't even think about you and Garam 1v1ing I saw Garam die and you still standing and I had to revenge the death of my hommie, LOL.

Really though sorry man it was just a wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing Garam never said anything, The group I was in just happen to come across you at the very end of the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck4444 View Post
    Great job Mightycell first captain to beat me in well forever..........best fight ive had today!
    Yeah, Mighty definitely knows what hes doing in terms of winning 1v1's. I have trouble sparring him on my champ. :/ I don't even want to imagine what a pain he would be to fight on my warg.
    Kin Leader of Leaf Walkers of Arkenstone
    100 Champ Ulvric / 100 Burg Undercover / 69 Cappie Udolf

Just wanted to say thanks to Dandur for letting me 1v1 that warden that tried to jump me with low morale. (made it a little more fair anyway).

And then holy sweet jeebus batman! Did you eat your wheaties this morning or what!? lol You demolished me! A brand wouldn't have even made a difference!. I think you crit on all your main skills. Going through my combat you had 6 hits for over 1k lol. Silly RK's :P

Oh, also thanks to the warden yesterday that that followed me over to PTA area so we could 1v1 after we kept getting interrupted. I think the name was Tolme? Anyway, it's nice to see some chivalry out there. Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by socalsurf View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to Dandur for letting me 1v1 that warden that tried to jump me with low morale. (made it a little more fair anyway).

And then holy sweet jeebus batman! Did you eat your wheaties this morning or what!? lol You demolished me! A brand wouldn't have even made a difference!. I think you crit on all your main skills. Going through my combat you had 6 hits for over 1k lol. Silly RK's :P
    Hehe, I took a little heat from the 2 you killed right before we fought. I don't mind jumping in to help a freep out if they are outnumbered, but it isn't my job to save everyone out there, from 1v1's.

As for our 1v1, yeah I noticed that I got lucky with the crits. I usually hold my own pretty well against reavers, and the fights are a lot closer. Don't worry, the next time we fight I'm sure it won't be so one sided.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000013388c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks, Goddreck, for letting me run off the NPCs. Everything was on cooldown, but you wouldn't have known that, so I appreciate that you delayed long enough for me to break combat. With my cooldowns, I'm sure I could have taken at least 500 hp off ya before I died :-)
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks gruxxor, maddog and blooddude had some good reaver champ battles with the three of ya lately.

great fights mak! The only fight tonight where I really had the upper hand was the very first one and sculcrusher ruined it... The rest of the night the best I could do was a double death? really? Well played sir. I still refuse to pledge on you, I think if I used all that #### it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Look forward to more.

Cosworth, nice ones man, as someone said earlier, nice to see some chivalry out there. Good fun.

see ya out there.
    zenki - scavv - navan

Quote Originally Posted by boppcj View Post
    great fights mak! The only fight tonight where I really had the upper hand was the very first one and sculcrusher ruined it... The rest of the night the best I could do was a double death? really? Well played sir. I still refuse to pledge on you, I think if I used all that #### it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Look forward to more.
    Yeah man those were some great spars! I appreciate you not using pledge, although I wouldn't hold it against you if you did (not that that's an invitation to start :P)

Also a big thank you to both Jimmieo and Rinen for allowing me some 1v1's over near TR hotspot while that giant staring contest was going on at TA. I was like 1k from ranking and wasn't getting shi for points over there, so thank you guys.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast