We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 1v1s

Re: Good 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Ravesteyn View Post
    Rather than that...let's do this. Here's my search pattern:

1) always good ta first...lots of wood to pick up
    2) if freeps have lug/blue map -> swim across toward rez and either find a fight at rez or by the river
    if red map/blue tr -> good grim then walk past bear valley poor tr to tr rez road and look for fights
    if completely red -> good grim and then wander between crossroads and an area called circle of trees (between bear valley and gv)

3) note that presence of zerg in any spot will change the pattern to avoid that area until later (I ran the normal pattern a bunch before finally playing in the trees by oc which turned out to be fun after all)

I realize that the map is big and roaming around can easily miss some good fight opportunities, but I still prefer the impromptu meetings - regardless of who initiates. I will check CM/BM a few times a night too, but since I don't arrange things there usually isn't anyone there.

Love hurts. Love scars. Love wounds...and mars.

Rave, what times are you usually on Ark? I would like to introduce you to my new DPS stone...lol.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001685d8/signature.png]Shaknasty[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jdwhiskey1978 View Post
    Rave, what times are you usually on Ark? I would like to introduce you to my new DPS stone...lol.
    I'm central time zone, and I spend about 50% of the hours between 8pm and midnight on Ark (other 50% on E) - the actual time depends on how the action is on each server. I won't be much of a challenge for a well-played rk at this rank, but I'll give anybody as much fight as I can (I got Mumonken (sp?) down to 6k last night...lol). If TR is blue, there are two bushes near the road that might as well be called Raveslime Bush A and B. If you ride by, I'll try to light you up, and if you decide it's a good time, you can hop off the horse. Plenty don't and that's cool too. Between map CD's, I'll usually be between gg map spot and ptr.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000020ad78/signature.png]Raveslime[/charsig]
    Ark/E: Ravedog, Ravecreep, Raveslice, Raveslime, Ravespider

I'm central time zone, and I spend about 50% of the hours between 8pm and midnight on Ark (other 50% on E) - the actual time depends on how the action is on each server. I won't be much of a challenge for a well-played rk at this rank, but I'll give anybody as much fight as I can (I got Mumonken (sp?) down to 6k last night...lol). If TR is blue, there are two bushes near the road that might as well be called Raveslime Bush A and B. If you ride by, I'll try to light you up, and if you decide it's a good time, you can hop off the horse. Plenty don't and that's cool too. Between map CD's, I'll usually be between gg map spot and ptr.
    lol yeah -- I saw you last night on my way back to TA and was about to stop and spar but needed to get back to the group. I'd like to try sparring you on my LM at some point (Graedus), as I don't think I've ever 1on1'd with him before. I'm working on a new staff that's meant for destruction instead of my previous hybrid model, so once I'm happy with that I'll be out. =) (who knows, I might even be out before that. Been feeling Ikaelus out there lately, though I do quite enjoy running around with my wee burg) I don't think I've ever won a 1vs1 with Ikaelus but I did at least get a warg down pretty low last night before he got me. But no matter, I'll at least try when it's not more than one. =)
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

Sweet, I will try and look for you, make sure your out tonight, if the action is as good as it was last wednesday, you shouldnt get bored at all I will make an effort on thursday to log Roast and we can get some duo action going on E again, that stuff is fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001685d8/signature.png]Shaknasty[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm View Post
    lol yeah -- I saw you last night on my way back to TA and was about to stop and spar but needed to get back to the group. I'd like to try sparring you on my LM at some point (Graedus), as I don't think I've ever 1on1'd with him before. I'm working on a new staff that's meant for destruction instead of my previous hybrid model, so once I'm happy with that I'll be out. =) (who knows, I might even be out before that. Been feeling Ikaelus out there lately, though I do quite enjoy running around with my wee burg) I don't think I've ever won a 1vs1 with Ikaelus but I did at least get a warg down pretty low last night before he got me. But no matter, I'll at least try when it's not more than one. =)
    We can also keep exchanging arrows, Ik, as long as you have same or less health than me, I probably have a decent shot. And I don't have VT yet so I'm not terribly threatening. Got a hunter down to 1500 last night until he blew man heal, so only elf hunters from now on ;-)

and I'd like to try your burg - I beat a burg the other day, not an uber one of course, but I'd like to try a middle of the road one. And yes I'll be using pots.
    Last edited by Lurkerinthemist; May 25 2011 at 11:38 AM.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    We can also keep exchanging arrows, Ik, as long as you have same or less health than me, I probably have a decent shot. And I don't have VT yet so I'm not terribly threatening. Got a hunter down to 1500 last night until he blew man heal, so only elf hunters from now on ;-)

and I'd like to try your burg - I beat a burg the other day, not an uber one of course, but I'd like to try a middle of the road one. And yes I'll be using pots.
    =D Sure! You often end up in my sights when it's big group vs big group sites -- and I often end up in creep sites -- i think that's because both of us run to the front and open fire sometimes. =D

I'd love to see how my burg fares against you. Maybe sometime when I see you freepside chatting on glff or something I'll ping you and we can meet on BM to give it a go? My intention is to play Derwisch like a little gnat running around disrupting things and causing chaos, not to pick off solo people from the shadows. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I know that my BA had absolutely no chance against Flaky - I could barely get a shot in before I was almost dead. =D

Hey we could have a BA vs Hunter melee only fight! And all of the champs and reavers and such could come laugh at our pitifulness. ;D Kidding! (mostly anyway lol)
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm View Post
    Hey we could have a BA vs Hunter melee only fight!
    challenge accepted
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000e4b72/signature.png]Lugbugdush[/charsig]

Cool Re: Good 1v1s

Still have more melee attacks than an lm my friend...either a hunter or a ba :-) One on One Ive had way too many good ones to count (wins and loses included) Not every lm waits for cd's I certainly dont. And a special thanks to Garaham and crew lately late night/early early morn est. There have been times Im the only freep out around 4am est and there are four or five creeps that could easily zerg me. Instead we have some nice fun spars. No man heal on this lm (unfortunatly and not planned) Great fights
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000c859a/01007/signature.png]Elruin[/charsig]
    Last LM standing

Quote Originally Posted by c00kie_monster View Post
    challenge accepted
    Ooh that was directed at Clarrow but I'd love to try my hand at taking you on Lug. I believe I recall someone saying you are one of the best melee BAs out there. =)
    (Retired from Freepside)

Thanks for the good 1 v 1 Trypster(sp.) and Cluemein

Great job on the 3 vs 2 Willowbeast you owned my defiler and still go away pretty sweet.

- Urukder

P.S Thank Raveslime for me 1 v 1 on the defiler he has been retired for 3 years now was inspired to bring him out again
    Derlan of Arkenstone(Champ R10), Wilantuk of Arkenstone(LM R6), Adgor of Arkenstone,
    Urukder Lan (Defiler Rank 6) of Ark
    Auzue Windstalker (Warg Rank 9) of Ark

Ahh so you are Urukder.. for a rank 5 defiler you are pretty hard to 1v1 out there - props man. I was just riding around looking for solo creeps on my champ and came across this rank 5 defiler and thought I was in for a short, easy fight.... Made me burn CDs.. heh
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000032bbf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I always try to find some1 to 1vs1. but if i see 1 creep, i usualy get ganked down.

prolly scarred ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001e5da4/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Vanyar -->> 85 Runenbewahrer Rang 6 (jetzt Rikz ehemals Luxtos)
    Arkenstone -->> 85 Runenbewahrer Apokalyptika R11, 85 Schurke Hypno R5, 85 Jäger Apocalyptika Rang 6, 85 Waffenmeister Luxtos Rang 6

Lol ya Sathim, champions are a tough fight for ranked defilers that one fight was great i think you used sprint twice lol cant belive it lasted that long.
    Derlan of Arkenstone(Champ R10), Wilantuk of Arkenstone(LM R6), Adgor of Arkenstone,

make sure you clobber, heh
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That was fun tonight guys, thanks

Your CDs were just way too much for the group we had hah, couldn't burn through any of you fast enough before you just exploded us one by one. Was a nice change of pace from the zerg-'n-run status quo, also nice to bring the Warden out again after awhile
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Nice fight Gorick. In my opinion, you are the best 1v1 hunter out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000aa4b5/signature.png]Gilgaresh[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Harhildreth View Post
    I always try to find some1 to 1vs1. but if i see 1 creep, i usualy get ganked down.

prolly scarred ^^
    we just dont have store pots yet :P

nice spars
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Great fights yesterday, props to Pocket, droggo, Mithringil (sp), and the other warg I had a couple fights with (forgive me its early...). Thanks for the 1v1s.

If you use store pots and win that isnt a win in my opnion. Its stupid freeps can chug another 1-2ks morale in a normal spar time.

Someone using store items in 1v1s? Thats just wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by jdwhiskey1978 View Post
    Someone using store items in 1v1s? Thats just wrong...
    Yeah... that's pretty bad. Just take the loss.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Thanks to all the reavers who have fought me lately, been using no cds pretty much against most of you guys and I have still been doing pretty well, I encourage any reaver to contact me if they want to 1v1 a champ who knows how to do something other than sprint away and mooch off of raids!

Props to:
    Path
    Grushmun
    Muzluks
    Killabees
    Ozluk
    Fearthereaver
    and anyone else who I forgot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks all for the spars this afternoon was to many names to remember. Thanks Morzone for setting it up freep side.

- Urukder Lan

OMG! he used a store pot?

Just joking ;-) i will not use them again in spars ;-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001e5da4/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Vanyar -->> 85 Runenbewahrer Rang 6 (jetzt Rikz ehemals Luxtos)
    Arkenstone -->> 85 Runenbewahrer Apokalyptika R11, 85 Schurke Hypno R5, 85 Jäger Apocalyptika Rang 6, 85 Waffenmeister Luxtos Rang 6

does a melle ba count as a "reaver" balin?

also, to the 2v1 i had with the champs, id be up for that agian if you two want. seems the one didnt start till i hit him a few seconds into the fight, and garam didnt know it was a 2v1 and did a little bit of dmg to the one. i think it might have gone in your guys favor if it werent for that, or been extremly close. if ya guys want a redo im down. very tired right now, so i may be wrong bout this, but i think it was sathim and ulvric?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000e4b72/signature.png]Lugbugdush[/charsig]

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast