Re: Lua UI Plugins in LOTRO
Well, to be completely honest - the color change thing is in the upcomming release. However, unless "fall" or open beta turns out to be the middle of August, I'll be just nitpicking for all intents and purposes.
Originally Posted by Gedachtnis
However, I am happy that I can start posting photos and possibly videos of some of the things I've been blabbing about - a picture worth a thousand words and all lol
You can feel assured that I plan on continuing to keep this updated so it takes advantage of every last available API feature - as soon as possible after it's been made available. All this stuff you mention (and a lot more than that) is all stuff I really want to add to it. Although I probably could make my own thread about it now on the live forums, here's a quick rundown of the features that will exist by live at the latest, if not before open beta:
Originally Posted by Lichbane
- Morale/Power bars (duh.)
- Debuff indicator showing whether you have any of the 4 main curable debuffs
- An option to "stock" the indicator with pots/skills to allow you to click on the indicator to cure.
- Indicator will show how many pots you have, and keep track of (user supplied -at this time) cooldown times.
- Text will be able to be positioned at 8 different locations around each bar.
- Text has multiple display options, including cur/max, percentage, current, and percentage with cur/max
- Bars can be spaced freely (horizontally)
- The entire HUD can be positioned as you would any other UI element (complete with the traditional "box" and behaviors)
- Palantir will hide itself when the user hides their UI.
- Bars will support any color (standard green/blue by default) as well as two user-specified colors for specific percentages. For instance, you could set 50% as yellow, and 25% as red, and the bars will fade from one color to the next.
- Bars can also be set to that the colors don't "fade" between the points.
- Bars will also support two percentage-based animation effects, including type (pulse, flash, etc) and speed.
In addition I plan on increasing the choices of bar shapes, and/or provide a method to add in custom bar shapes at some point in the near future (i.e. not next version). It is currently being rewritten to provide a more "modular" structure, to easily accommodate any API additions with a minimum of time/effort.
[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]