We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up 18.2 Red Line Hunter Questions

Hi Hunters,

I have some questions to put forward, I'd love to hear your opinion.

I've always played hunter in red line, strength stance, and with the introduction of trait points and the gradual increase of points available, I've been wondering if some traits are worth it.

First of all, I've been dipping into blue line to spend points in 'Impact Arrows' (5% ranged damage), 'Quick Draw' (-20% inductions) and 'Strong Draw' (20% damage to focus skills, 15% chance to reduce focus cost). My first questions is, are 'Blood Arrow' and 'Exsanguinate' worth it for red line, or is there a better place to be spending my points?

Secondly, 'Plant Feet' at the bottom of red line - I hear this was bugged, or not working as intended, and I don't have it traited currently. Any thoughts or confirmation of this?

Thirdly, 'Tripwire' at the top of yellow line. I don't currently trait this, I've considered it, but feel there are other places my points could be more valuable.

I'd love to hear how other red hunters trait, and if anyone has advice or suggestions.

Thanks

I don't really have a comment for most of your questions. Personally I find Blue to be a lot of fun. Sustained DPS is clearly better in Red, however, Blue can burst well and any hunter is totally outclassed by RK sustained DPS anyway. So Blue Hunter for fun and RK for sustained DPS.

Having said that, I find tripwire well worth the 2 trait points ( off tree, but at the bottom). I also grab the low hanging fruit from the Red tree when I'm in Blue. As Blue I do get good use out of Blood Arrow and Exsanguinate. However, I'm not sure it would be worth it going that deep into the tree at double trait point cost. With Blue I find I'm mostly spamming QS and Barrage, with a Heart Seeker thrown in when I get the proc that eliminates the induction.

Impact arrows are not worth 10 points spent since it's the mastery bonus increase, not the actual damage output. You're better off using the points elsewhere
    Blood arrow is a great skill and should be used whenever off cooldown. Exsanguinate is one of the skills you can pop right after upshot so it's worth getting. Plant feet is a joke, Tripwire is situational.

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post
    Impact arrows are not worth 10 points spent since it's the mastery bonus increase, not the actual damage output. You're better off using the points elsewhere
    Blood arrow is a great skill and should be used whenever off cooldown. Exsanguinate is one of the skills you can pop right after upshot so it's worth getting. Plant feet is a joke, Tripwire is situational.
    Good to know about Impact Arrows, thanks. I'll try out Blood Arrow and Exsanguinate, haven't used BA since before trait trees! I thought as much about Plant Feet, didn't seem even worth a point. Thanks for the response.